Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods drag week 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Apr 27, 2014.

1. squirrel

squirrel

Sorry to hear that Brian....

2. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Sorry for the loss of your dad racer-x.

Thanks guys. The blower no chop rule keeps getting me. Hopefully they'll add a class I can fit into.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. squirrel

squirrel

Hot Rod class you can chop the car. No blowers, nitrous, turbos. engine has to be from a design that was around in the early 60s. There are a few other limitations. It does seem to exclude a lot of existing hot rods.

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I enjoy watching the "live feed" after I get off work, looks like a blast. A real testament to the builders that drive em race em fix em and do it all over again, much respect. Racer X, sorry for the loss of your father.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. I should clarify my response on the chopped top. The only classes that im aware of that allows a chopped top are unlimited daily driver and hot rod. Hot rod doesnt allow for a blower for some strange reason. Thanks for the kind words regarding my dad. He lived out the american dream. Married 57 years 6 kids 8 grand kids navy vet during korea and vietnam 37years at case corp. Had many years of good retirement. He will be missed dearly. During his navy years he worked below deck servicing the engines. He also worked on the landing craft that had blown diesels in them. Maybe thats where i get the blower gene from.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  6. squirrel

squirrel

I think the deal with blowers and Hot Rod class, is that the blower moves you up to Gasser. Gasser does not specifically prohibit top chops.

They're working on the update for the rules for the next 3 years, if you have suggestions, send them to [email protected] now

7. jerry

jerry

Deepest condolences on the loss of you dad, lost mine in '01.

jerry

8. Thanks jerry and lone star. The gasser class requires fenders. Thats what they told me on why i couldnt enter that class.

9. squirrel

squirrel

10. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

the j went 9:78@133 ,surprisingly it got around 11mpg.. thats better than my daily driver.

11. squirrel

squirrel

you couldn't drive fast, there was a slow chevy in front of you