Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods drag week 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Apr 27, 2014.

1. who is going and who got in. they sold out in 8 min.this year. my son and i both got in. any other hambers get registered.

2. squirrel

squirrel

I got in on the early registration thing. Mike (Henry J) and Keith (Model A) both made it in.

3. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

im in and so is keith fox .

4. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

racer-x what are you guys bringing?

5. sounds like a good group again this year. I'm bringing the 31 chrysler coupe again. this time the blower is staying on. my son is bringing his 69 super bee with a 500 inch wedge. i can't believe this has become so popular.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

jeez Brian, how the heck old are you?

7. just turned 48 last week. my son graduates from collage in two weeks that will make you feel old. he is getting his degree in automotive engineering. he just had a interview at chrysler last week. i had just a little influence on him growing up to be a mopar guy. must have been due to growing up around all things hemi blown and on nitro. how did jefferson go for you i did good finding things i needed. bob you should do drag week some year its a lot of fun.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I did drag week in 2007 with the 68 Nova. Third place in BBN/A. Jefferson was not as successful as usual. Not many cars selling.

9. i think i need to do a altered wheel base dodge for a upcoming drag week. i have been thinking of doing this for a while. if i think about it too much more a lot of bad decisions are going to be made.

squirrel likes this.
  10. squirrel

squirrel

go for it! I dropped the 427 into mine tonight. Since it's 4/27.

[​IMG]

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I know just the man to do the altering

12. I do think i would go with a straight axle for several reasons. The first being able to steer it on the street. Bouncing down a city street could be a mess. A stock susp would have the toe pattern changing on the slightest bumps. I also would have the ability to add weight to the front for the street portion and easily removed for the track. I have driven a few of these beasts on the street. They can be a handful. They dont like bumps in the road.

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the car I recently sold handled very well with stock front suspension.

14. did you drive it on the street? i think it would depend on the front to back weight percentage. i was driving cars with 55 percent on the rear wheels. i also had shocks on them that would separate easy. all the cars i drove were very light.

15. i just got a call from my son. he said there was a screw up on registration. there was supposed to be 265 entries. some how they let in 350. now hot rod says some of the tracks won't be able to handle that many so they may change some of the tracks. they also plan to shorten the driving due to all the cars. they said they won't cut it back to 265 entries.

16. squirrel

squirrel

It'll be interesting what happens. I'm not worried about it, it'll still be fun

17. Yes it will. Fun is what its all about. Im sure they will figure it out to every ones satisfaction.

18. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Hope you all do well. Its an awesome event!!

19. hows every ones projects coming. we only have about a month to go. we got the cal-tracs on the bee. i also put the roll bar in this week. we need to put in the line-lock this weekend. we upgraded to a power master alternator 160 amp. the stocker couldn't handle the draw of the newly installed electric fans. we also put on elephant ears ( alum motor mounts) with a alum water pump and housing. put on a air fuel gauge and tuned the car with it. what a difference that made. the trans needed upgrading so the 23 spline came out and a 18 spline went in with a mcleud twin disc. we upgraded the oiling system with a 12 qt. pan and duel line swinging pick up. there were more things done these are the highlights over the winter. we can't wait until it starts were getting pumped up.

20. squirrel

squirrel

Mine is getting lettering. I still need to make a full pass down the dragstrip....I've made 4 runs, quickest was 10.58 but on the wrong wheels/tires, and I let off early.

21. i have been following the build and it looks good.

22. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

23. not much time left is everyone ready I'm getting close.

24. squirrel

squirrel

I hope so, I guess we'll see.

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

I was all set with my "too far south" excuse but then found out there is a local guy running the event with his resto-mod GTO. Maybe when I get the 53 Willys Wagon running and legal. That way I have some storage in the back as well as a trailer...you know, for all the Canadian beer.

Good luck guys... play hard and drive safe

26. squirrel

squirrel

there's a couple guys driving down from Alberta...yeah, you can't use the "too far south" excuse!

27. Saxxon

Saxxon

This event is on my bucket list for sure but a few things have to happen first.
    1. I need a car that meets my standards and is capable of completing and competing (3 years - being realistic)
    2. The event doesn't get killed by show room stockers. (Gasser class rules !)
    3. My wife agrees to come along for the ride. Or - at the very least agrees to not change the locks while I'm gone
    Winnipeg is a bit further than Alberta...but at least still in range. I want to drive down in the vehicle I would compete in. Just adds 1500 miles to the shakedown.

28. I'm surprised a certain modelabone sedan isn't in the mix.

29. squirrel

squirrel

It's a really tough week, I'm not surprised.

30. loudbang

loudbang