Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What I meant was,Please include as many tow bars, trailers, transporters, etc. of the era that we can get away with, just didn't want to hear a lot of whining about turning the thread into a transporter thread.
    Doug

Gabe Fernando likes this.
  2. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Hiya Don! :D

3. old flopper

old flopper

4. Posted before, but Fantasia was cool! NOT a gasser, had a AA/FD hemi set way back, ran big loads of nitro. It raced mostly early funny cars since it was "full bodied" it wasn't considered an altered.
    In those days you could build what you wanted, no class and run as an "exhibition' car.
    SMOKIN'!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. Another repeat. But 60's drag cars are just some pretty and so cool!
    [​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO and hendelec like this.
  6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Don't think I posted these on here before ! Cordy Jenson from Eugene, Or. 1st pic, Cordy is in the middle, Bob McCabe (partner in the car) is on his right. Woody chassis, a local sheet metal shop built the body ( their one and only), solid runner up here ! Bev\'s 1.jpg Bev\'s 2.jpg Bev\'s 6.jpg

7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary: That Chevelle just might be Bruce Larsons USA1 ,after he was done with it?

8. Very cool car Marty. Saw it run several times, including it's destruction at speed at Woodburn. The Bozo's at the track never announced Cordy survived the crash! When they came down the return road with the car in pieces, everyone thought he was dead!
    A wild day! NW fuel racing was GREAT!
    The days of smoking the tires I might add, NOT burnouts.SMOKIN the hides down the track.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    hendelec and Gabe Fernando like this.
  9. Right. This, according to the '60s Funny Cars site:
    "Jim Maybeck entered the funny car scene in 1967. Maybeck purchased Bruce Larson’s all-fiberglass "USA-1" Chevelle and renamed it the "Patriot.” In 1968, Jim built an all-new Corvair funny car built to replace the outdated Chevelle. Maybeck kept Chevy power in the new funny car, and named it the "Screaming Eagle," keeping the patriotic theme. The "Screaming Eagle" was a regular in AHRA events and match races, achieving moderate success. Jim may have had the quickest Corvair with a 7.32, 194 clocking to his credit."

10. More Bev;s. Shown several times, but what a bitchin' car!
    Early fueler
    [​IMG]
    Looks like Woodburn/
    At the March Meet 1966!
    [​IMG]
    At Woodburn. Don't know who they are racing.
    [​IMG]
    More Woodburn
    [​IMG]
    In the pits, looks like Woodburn again.
    [​IMG]

11. Bill Dunlap and John Halstead in front of John's house in San Jose with the new lightweight Fuller car in 1967.
    [​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO and Dean Lowe like this.
  12. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Gary, the car you saw Cordy crash was was a Fuller car, this is it, I think. Cordy 1.jpg Cordy 3.jpg

13. It was Larson's USA-1. Jim Maybeck ran it for a while, then Joe Morello here. He added a supercharger. Car has been restored.

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  14. I guess everybody has seen this one. A little bit modern for us here, but ya gotta admit, Snake knows how to go a final round in style!
    [​IMG]

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

The first "Bev's Steak House" car was sold to Ron Salsbury, and became the "Rumbler". Ron Salsbury.jpg

16. Marty knows this one.
    The late Jim Albrich's Northwind ( I think the first one)>
    Jeez, those chain drives make me cringe!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]