Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Doughnuts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Oh.. that is just too frickin cool...my first great laugh of the day...ahhh.. when cars were just cars and not precious objects...miss those days

2. That's jus' plain fun right there.....I don't care who ya are!:D:D

3. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Great video, we are getting snow as we speak. I love doing donuts!! Thats one of the best things about snow isn't it? Ha Thanks for sharing.

4. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

The kid hanging half way out the back of the 55' was a trip, boy do I miss high school...

5. Very cool video! Those are some pretty ballsy donuts......nearly striking poles, others cars and that camera dude. Looks like a lot of fun.

What is the music in the video?? It rules!

6. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Awesome! I think the Flatbed Chevy joining in on the fun at the end, takes the cake.

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Damn, you're right. I forgot about those ha ha. I lost the remote to the stereo for like 100 miles after that.

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hahahahaa the 2nd part is awesome...

9. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Great stuff. Doughnuts and hitching rides dragging from bumpers was normal stuff growing up in this frozen tundra. Flipped many Olies (doughnuts) in a '57 Ford just like the one in the vid in the mid '60s. Fun memories.

10. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

When I graduated from HS in '62, my class gave me an old doughnut cutter. I had a rep for cutting a doughnut any time there was a chance......

....years later, while driving my parents on a long road trip, I had to take an evasive maneuver to avoid a serious accident. When we had gone a few miles, my Dad asked me where I learned how to drive like that? It took me a while to answer, as it was his car I did all of my "doughnut cutting" with. He was silent when I finished telling him. He never mentioned it again.

11. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

[​IMG]

I was waiting for a police cruiser to join in on the fun as well!:D

12. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

low cal donuts :cool:

13. Lucky77

Lucky77

Nothing better than doughnuts! These pictures are from 2008. It was at the rainy fiasco that turned out to be one of the best times I've ever had at a car show A.K.A Hotrod Cinematic. Blktop Bandit, RB Roadster, myself and another friend all met to go for a cruise. After Brian (Bandit) and I yelled where we were going over our hot rods I did a little half broadslide around the front of his coupe and headed out of the parking lot. I heard a lot of commotion behind me. My GF at the time snapped these pics of Brian in about his third of four doughnuts across the parking lot of the hotel he was staying at! This was 2:00 PM on the main drag right through the center of town. That's pretty hoodlum in my book.

My favorite doughnut of all time happened about a year and a half ago. My current GF is pretty classy and really smart. Her parents spent a lot of money keeping her away from guys like me. She has degrees in Mechanical Engineering, and Psychology, plus she's a classicaly trained musician who plays four instruments. I know, not sure what she sees in me either? Anyways we just started going out and we were headed to dinner in my sedan. I pulled into an abandoned parking lot and asked her if she's ever done a doughnut? She looked puzzled and said "Yeah in the snow" I said "What about dry pavement?" She looked a little more bewildered so I figured this was as good a time as any and busted off two smokey spin outs across this lot. Luckilly she loved it and now she wants to do them in my Ford truck, and if I borrow my parent's C5 vette, basically any rear wheel drive vehicle we're in. So yeah, doughnuts, they make the world a better place.

Attached Files:

14. autobilly

autobilly

Contrary to popular belief, cops don't like donuts. But in the words of those well known '8o's African American ghetto poets, sometimes ya gotta say "F@#% the po-lice".:D
    Cool film!

15. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Back in the 60's Detroit, I raced a buddy backwards down a residential street in my 56 Ford. He was drivin his trusty 61 Falcon. He made it about 2 houses and put it up on the curb. I made it about 4, did a couple donuts like in the video and ended up facing the other way. I just put it in gear and headed to wherever we were going to.

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That's just normal driving over here in some parts of the east bay.

17. sic944t

sic944t
    from ohio

got fresh snow last night i fired up the 55 ford 272 and all and did that for about 2 hours lastnite had a ball shoulda took some camera footage

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic! HS senior bud in '70 had a Nova w/ a 302, would come flying down the indoor parking ramp and do donuts . . . on a level w/ no cars, the concrete poles were enough. :eek:

Did someone say "stupid shit" ? It's a fucking miracle we survived thru our twenties.

19. Back in HS, I had a neat stripper '67 Biscayne 4-door 283 PG that I liked to flog like that. There was an industrial area that had a nice, big cul-de-sac that was perfect for doing donuts and my big-ass form of drifting! Fun times in that big Chevy!

20. HA! Flatbed of Fury!

21. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

when's the last time you saw a pickup with fender skirts? Look's like some of them had dad's 2 dr hardtop out for a joyride.

22. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

that rules. They were absolutly beating the Piss out of those cars. How many of em were their parents cars??????? Man if my dad ever found out the shit I did in his cars sheesh!!!!!!

23. Ramblur

Ramblur

Ah yes, fresh snowfall was my drug of choice growing up in Ohio. If there
    was snow on the road so was I. New snow in any empty parking lot got
    tagged with my name, in cursive,covering acreage.... No hot rods out after
    November but EVERY self-respecting gearhead had a "beater with a heater".
    Here's the result of some synchronized parking lot ballet gone bad.

[​IMG]

24. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Here's more of the first car!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHvbdGoFQtI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHvbdGoFQtI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

25. GARY?

GARY?

He has got that shit dialed!!! most of the time anyway:rolleyes.

26. Balcones1

Balcones1
    from AUSTIN

WAITER! MORE COFFEE PLEASE!!!! AND LOTS-O-NAPKINS!...... Too fun!

27. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I have re-watched this one and the clip added by chuckles.... I dig the headlights mounted right to the radiator support. Ha ha.

28. Jake H.

Jake H.

Doing donuts in the snow is a rite of passage that will never die!

And I'll second the question of who is killin' it on the gee-tar in that instrumental soundtrack? Sounds a lil' Link Wray with some Ronnie Dawson thrown in...Killer stuff!

29. I remember doing that on a vacant parking lot as a teenager. Its a good way to learn how to drive in that shit!

30. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Donuts are cool and all. Everybody's done them. But some here are missing the coolest part of the story. The fact that the gentleman doing the donuts in the video is Laydrag's Dad, and he probably still does them when he has the opportunity, that's the shit.