Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Doug Herbert Performance going to auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead dodge roadster, Jul 31, 2014.

1. For any of you racers and engine builders, just saw the doug Herbert performance is going to auction starting tomorrow through the 6th of aug. According to the artical..."Doug Herbert has decided to downsize his performance parts business and put his focus more on the non-profit B.R.A.K.E.S. Foundation that he founded"

Follow the link for more info, I am sorry if this isn't completly vintage but could be a good time to pick up the needed machining equipment and parts you guys might be looking for.

http://aftermarketpress.com/index.p...ing-shop-equipment-more-to-be-sold-at-auction

2. aircap

aircap

Wonder if that means his land speed racing project is on the trash heap....

3. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Maybe, maybe not. I did his bailout tech and saw him do some license passes two years ago in Don Stringfellow`s Superbird, so he may still have it in mind...

4. Seabeck Redneck

Seabeck Redneck

Excuse me for breaking in, especially so late, (I'm new here), but I see you mention Don Stringfellow's Superbird. Do you know how I could get into contact with him? I'm thinking about putting together a Superbird to run on the Salts and would like some advice, tips and hints. This may just end up being a fantasy, but if I could talk with someone who has done these races, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Chris

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Chris, you would probably have more luck sending KIWI a private MSG. Hover the curser over pic/name it will come up to start a conversation. Good Luck