Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Not sure if I'm early or late on this (Early, I Think!), but Congrat's on the photo in the new Hot Rod Deluxe (Sept. 2015, pg. 20)!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  2. What a bunch of shit sacks!

3. I feel your pain on the thieves Tony. Last summer my friend & cyl. Head guy leaves for 3 months to do the Extreme Weight Loss TV show, (he and his new bride Amber did it together, & got married on the show. He leaves a key with his dad & mom, and I go by his shop to drop off some parts to his brother, and there's several guys walking around in the shop, "taking their stuff" because they don't want to wait on Bryce to get back. Bryce has instructed his parents to let NO parts out of the shop while he's gone. When I get there and see all this going on, I'm thinking no way am I leaving my stuff here. Got everything except our brand new Crower 1.8 / 1.7 shaft rocker setup that cost $1232.00. Now we have to get it replaced, to finish our new engine.

4. Saxxon it was cool meeting you and seeing the Scout yank the wheels up! You guys brought some bad ass cars from up north for sure! The 392 likes to spin up :) it must be all the low tension rings and crank scraper tips from Panneton :rolleyes: never had an engine that zings like that.

5. I don't get it - why are racers stealing from racers? That blows man - time to put a HEMI in Yesterdays Chili ;)

6. Cool! Just saw that. That was the first test to see if it would tow OK.

[​IMG]

K.L, Mac30, Tudor and 2 others like this.
  7. Tony i Was messing around with my coupe today and finally seen the sticker u were talking about on the inside of my roof. As many times as I was in and out of the far I would have thought I would have seen it by now lol. Car looked good out there we were cheering ya on when u did your dry hop looked good. What did the ol girl run in the 1/4 anyway? My coupe ran like crap all weekend figured out the problem yesterday. All the rain we got filled up the back 4 spark plug tubes that's why it was missing and backfiring so much I'm guessing. See ya at Greer I'm pushing hard now to get my ford ready

8. What sticker? :rolleyes:

MD2105.jpg

I was looking at those tubes and wondered how well they could seal. I have had the water in the tubes problem before, but if you can get it hot enough it will cook off. My best time was that last night run 10.45 @ 127mph - pretty happy with that being that I was probably the slowest SEG car :D the Southern Flyer was losing valve spring pressure or something he slowed down as the weekend went on.

Definably make it to Greer! You should try to make it to Union SC over Labor Day too :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  9. Big A is the man! :) I told him I was having trouble totting the front wheels - he says "kill the burnout" I'll get the shot :cool:

19927224166_3e4feedde7_o.jpg

10. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And it's a great shot!

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

This damn HAMB setup has again dropped me out of this thread, haven't gotten a notification in 2/;3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. That was a helluva good burnout. Even Cassandra liked it...

[​IMG]

She wasn't as thrilled with this one...

[​IMG]

And if you can't kill the burnout, at least swing the ass around a bit...

[​IMG]

No wheel totin' yet...

[​IMG]

Oh wait! There's daylight under there, woo hoo...

[​IMG]

Damn, it's like I was stalkin' and creepin' on you boys all weekend...

[​IMG]

13. allwilly

allwilly

Much better burnout at night...keep that bitch to the floor!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  14. Way cool guys....totin and smokey burnouts!

15. Man, great shots Andrew!! Cynthia's got the 'wth' look on the crooked burnout. :D Ol' Q&D lookin' good Tony! Fine job all weekend.

16. The Grape got sideways before me too. The water box was dry. Not complaining - the MD crew is ACE :)

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Cool thread. Good job guys.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  18. She looks WAAAAAAYYYY younger than 50!!!! 38 1/2 MAX!!!!

rebarsfords and Dog_Patch like this.
  19. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

Well Tony, I finally registered. You can only be a lurker for so long LOL! Checking in on the effort! ;)

20. I know it Tom! She's Greek - they age well ;) they cook good too :) Oh was that racist? I hope not .....

redlineracer42 likes this.
  21. Nick!!! Glad to see you on here!

For anyone that needs fantastic head porting or intake fab work or just a damn good machinist, Nick Smithberg is your man! Nick I'm serious about getting a 1965 looking logo so I can put it on the car. But I can't draw stick figures so don't wait on me to draw it :confused:

22. Breaking News!

Johnny got all of his engines back :):):) the hemi parts too. They caught the rat bastard ! I don't have the details yet about how they found him but yesterday Johnny was loading all the engines up to take them home after they made the arrest. :cool:

23. allwilly

allwilly

Thats great news! Hope they hang the bastards

Quain Stott likes this.
  24. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

Thanks for the kind compliments Tony!

Will do my best, need to research what 65' era logos looked like and come up with something custom. Have a few other customers that would love something like that so I'm game. Certainly somebody sells vintage stickers still? I need some ideas.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  25. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Cassandra Hicks does all of our old style logos. i think she goes by quick chick on the hamb.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  26. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

X2

27. Not racist!!!! You are a very lucky man!!!!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  28. Impressive that they caught them, so many of those type crimes go unsolved and the stuff is just gone. Is Johnny getting a dog, alarm, cameras and/or insurance next?

Dog_Patch likes this.
  29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Great news that the thieves were caught, and they hadn't yet disposed of the goodies!
    So often, even when the thieves are caught the loot is gone, already scrapped. And the scrap yards around here seem to have a 6th sense about stuff that may be hot, and that stuff is on the next truck out and long gone with the money collected before the cops get there.
    Redline racer42:: Tom that's Kim tying an apron on me in my avatar. Event was one of the first I attended with Sock Fuckers at Dixie Fried several years ago when I was cooking about 6-7# of bacon as part of the Sunday morning breakfast for the group. I didn't yet know who she was and whose wife she was, so I just kept all my thoughts to myself!!!!!
    Tony took the pic and later put it in my avatar for PC illiterate me. Some time later, after I was ushered into the club, Tudor asked me online when I was gonna change my avatar.
    My online reply was that I would put Sock Fuckers Car Club in my signature, but that the "hottie pic" would remain in my avatar. His reply was not so nice, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

30. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

I appreciate the lead Quain, sent her a inquiry email. Thanks!