Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Sucks to hear that!

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well that's a piss fucker
    I hope they catch them shit heads.

3. Damn I hate thieves :mad: I hope they catch 'em and string 'em up by their gonads.

4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

That sucks man I wish I didn't know how you feel my machinist got robbed as well and I lost two 392 cranks and a set of mondello ported heads they caught the bastards breaking into another shop but all the stuff they took from my machinist and several other shops went to the scrap yard these damn theives were scrapping what they were stealing for drug money even though they are currently staying at the graybar hotel it doesn't make up for the loss anyhow I too hope they are caught and rot in hell for what they done But on another note can't wait to see your car run in Byron I'm leaving tomorrow after work look me up I'll be running my rusty Willys pickup

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

That's a helluva note, those thieves are prolly too stupid to know what they've got, and the stuff will end up melted down and poured into molds for some shit made in China.
    I live in constant dread of the same thing in my shop, as some of you know and others don't it's deep "inna hood" away from my home.
    But regardless of where it is, all you can do is get the best alarm system you can find, and make friends with your shop's neighbors.

6. captmullette

captmullette

bastards...........theiveing......bastards

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Be safe Tony and have good luck at the Meltdown.
    GIVE EM HELL

8. Frank T 40 Dodge

Frank T 40 Dodge

9. Frank T 40 Dodge

Frank T 40 Dodge

I hope they catch the bastards and cut their fuckin hands off see how they like wiping their asses then!

Dog_Patch, volvobrynk and GAOldsman like this.
  10. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

That sucks soooo bad. If u need a cam quickly crane is doing roller hemi cams again. That's where Lamar got one for my 354. I got it about 2years ago. Recently hot heads started offering them too although it looks awfully similar to the crane.

Hopefully this bastards will break into the wrong shop one day soon and be somebody's chew toy, or catch some hot lead!!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well Dammit! The HAMB keeps on dropping out notification to me on this thread. WTF?????????

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

what about an update on the meltdown from your perspective.

13. Brand Apart - thanks for the info - right now Johnny says he will get Comp to do a repeat of the stolen one. They did him a special deal on a fuel cam that was sized down. They were out of 'street' size blanks.

Enloe - we ran in the gate, knocked over 2 kids and stepped on a dog to get to the Meltdown Tent and I scored you the last copy of the 2014 Meltdown DVD :) Ohio George had it in his hand, I yelled - "Look is that Isky ?! The Cam Father??!!" He turned to look and I grabbed the DVD and slapped down the $$ and ran like hell!"

The trip was great - like Drag Racing Disney Land! Started out in the Sedan Delivery 5 am Wednesday. Went to get Tim 2 hours away. When I got there it was hot already. We decided to drive his truck instead.

IMG_1399 (Copy).jpg

Got a flat in Effignham Ill. Town was calling F--ingham ?? What's that all about?

IMG_1406 (Copy).jpg

Got to the track right at dark and we talked our way into the camping area :rolleyes:
    IMG_1409 (Copy).jpg

Right after we got the colors flying, a General from the War Of Northern Aggression showed up.
    IMG_1410 (Copy).jpg

It rained so we went to check the traction on the starting line. Not good enough to reach 88 miles an hour, so we went bar hopping.

IMG_1417 (Copy).jpg

The bar tender gave Big A a mason jar. o_O

IMG_1418 (Copy).jpg

So we snuck an SFCC cuzzie into their stack that they sell to customers. :D

IMG_1420 (Copy).jpg

In the morning we had a hearty batch of Canadian Bacon ;)

IMG_1421 (Copy).jpg

Then the pics stopped for me - no taking my phone down the track - my floor still has holes :eek:

So this was Saturday night - PIG ROAST !! Didn't even need a fire it was so hot :confused:
    IMG_1424 (Copy).jpg

Then we vintaged up the staging lanes as best as we could.

IMG_1425 (Copy).jpg

After the last night pass on Saturday night - it got blurry. Two Sock Fuckers tried to ask me out on a date.

IMG_1429 (Copy).jpg

Josh realizes he messed up the tent size and mattress size. He is a mechanical engineer .... so ..... there's that.

IMG_1430 (Copy).jpg

Then up and out of the track at 5:30am Sunday. It was a good idea to go in the daily driver.
    IMG_1435 (Copy).jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    catdad49, K.L, GAOldsman and 8 others like this.
  14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

thanks, pm me your address and I will send you some money

15. Here are the only Gopros I have - Tim and Gaberal had a drivers meeting in the air conditioned motor home. It consisted of - Stop pedaling that thing! Hammer down ! What the hell you aren't driving to the store. Etc etc etc. :D

If that wasn't enough - Amber saw a guy with a shirt that said "Keep That Bitch On The Floor!" She said - "Read it. Learn it. Live it. Don't make me drive your car"

GAOldsman, Swamp Rat 4 and 3dnsouth like this.
  16. Huge thanks to Ted for herding cats and backing up the horses. And the backup girls were a HUGE help and didn't have to do that. It was hot and they do it to make the show extra cool. It works!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    K.L, GAOldsman, Swamp Rat 4 and 3 others like this.
  17. Last pic - how do you know when you are back in Georgia ? Hell yeah!

IMG_1436 (Copy).jpg

3dnsouth - you are the man! Always there with a gas bottle for the injectors and a tire pressure gauge. I owe ya brother! Its a good feeling knowing you got my back.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  18. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

I never saw the Southern Flyer in this video, where was he at lol?

3dnsouth likes this.
  19. Asleep at the tree maybe? :) I saw our night run time slip - you tried to get me on the tree - you cut a .053 to my .260 that's impressive. We need another drivers meeting ;)

GAOldsman and 30dodgeboy like this.
  20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It was great to get a chance to meet up with you.
    I should have got out more later but i was trying to do my best on taking out the weak brain cells every night.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Looks like yall had a helluva time!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  22. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Tony it was great meeting you and your car is top notch hope to see you again soon

Dog_Patch likes this.
  23. Dam Tony that looks fun as all hell! I love that dam car!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  24. allwilly

allwilly

Wish ya coulda come DOM..we had a blast

Dog_Patch likes this.
  25. Salty - it was good to put a face with the HMAB name! We could sit and talk for hours I'm sure - too much stuff going at Drag Race Disneyland. :) Hope to see you next year too!

Yes sir it was good talking and hanging out for a bit. We all need to go on a cruise so we can hang out more. Maybe an aircraft carrier with a drag strip on the deck :rolleyes: .... I think I'm onto something :)

26. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Dry hop! Car sounds great winding up on the big end!
    Hated I did not get to make it! The 9 to 5 decided I did not need to take a vacation last week and stuck me on a plane to work and dodge bullets in Baltimore. Sure would of like to have drank some beers with the Sfcc clan instead!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  27. Yeah we missed you Shawn - had an empty seat too :( I tried to get Laydrag to sit in it - but he was too pussy whipped. o_O

28. Saxxon

Saxxon

You guys put on a great show. Loved listening to the fat lady trying to hit high-c... 392s aren't supposed to spin like that don't you know ?

For an event that's pretty much exhibition - everyone seems to want to run really hard. I'm no exception. Watching the Q&D was a lot of fun.. Glad you guys made it down.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  29. Great long weekend of racin' n' BSn'!! Super write-up Tony, sure 'bout sums it up! Thanks for the cool down/drivers meeting in the hauler Gabe, much appreciated, fun hangin' with you fellas. That Ethan, he's a talker! Gettin' better with every event Tony. Review the notes and keep 'er goin'. Hats off to the Meltdown crew and the track crew, superb job! Worth every mile.