Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodge A100-Channeled & bagged!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KSNPVMT, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonmoore7

Jonmoore7
    from Killeen,TX

I've been looking to get a van or van truck like these, maybe the same thing in a Corvair. I should say I'm aggressively looking. All I can seem to find are Ford Econolines from this era. I never thought of Bagging it! I love this idea.
    <script type="text/javascript">if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};</script>

2. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Full paint for sure. Bouncing a few ideas around...one being a "Watsen" 60s style fade...if not probably single color. leaving the handles and going with seats and door panels my Brother in law makes....http://handmadeseatco.com/v1/

3. Love this thing, just badass cool. What are you going to run for wheels on it? I am picturing body colour steelies with dog dishes.

Those seats your Bro in law makes look cool, just not sure I would want to sit in one for very long . . .

A-100's have the bostrom buckets that Chrysler used in the Hemi Darts/Cudas, and I think they are pretty cool on their own

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  4. mothradeath

mothradeath

oh snap.....ive seen his work.....incredible.

5. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

I like those seats too but they are to tall now with the fenderwells as high as they are... have to go with something low profile.

6. daddio211

daddio211

I think Astro's and Supreme's would be bitchin'...

7. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Nope...thinking cool vanilla with a mild fade at the body lines and darker wheels like a mocha color and thin whites......

8. farmer12

farmer12

Very cool build!

9. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Wow ! That is a lot of work!

10. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Well she runs again! Put in some work over the last few days. Got the compressors and tank mounted & battery tray in. Baby steps I guess.......

Attached Files:

11. servi53

servi53

impressive amount of work and skill here sir, I dig it

12. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

well did some more work and took it to a show in Vegas....

Attached Files:

13. daddio211

daddio211

And drove it off and on the stretcher?

14. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

yup...while sitting on the fenderwell cuz i have no seats! Just needs shocks and a sway bar up front and could be road worthy. It gave me a lot of ambition to get some real work done so i can get on the body work!

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Glad to see some progress on this. And the seats your Bro makes are rather nice.
    I guess you'll have them upholstered or have some cushions made for them, as i think you will want to drive the shit outta this.
    And i dig your plans on paint/wheels, even thou i see this thing on some vintage five spokes with skinny whites i think painted steels are gonna work pretty good too.
    Wonder where the thread police is today. LOL

16. F.C.Fury

F.C.Fury

You do some killer work man! You have given me some ideas for mine, can you post more pics of the front suspension set up? I'm wanting to bag mine and funds are limited so I might give the same setup a try.

17. Hogride

Hogride

Im Waiting to see what you do for seats. Pics pleeeez !

18. daddio211

daddio211

Hey man, when you're done with Fall Fuel Fest and painting scooters pink give us an update, will ya?

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

19. Nice work! Thanks for calling this mod what it is "channeling"....I HATE that BD word!

20. Itchy

Itchy

Man...This thing is great. Any updates?

21. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Sorry guys...been so busy at the shop and so much goin on this summer i have not had time to get anything done on it. things are slowing down now so i will get back to it pretty soon. Still waiting on seats...i'm on a long list for them and apparently i'm the bastard child so been pushed back with all Jamey has going on....

22. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Ok...back at it! Started building the doors back in and mounting solenoids for the air ride today. Its slow going but every little bit gets it closer i guess. Think i want to try and have it done for SEMA next year. Need to see if i can round up some sponsors for a few items....need a rendering done soon for that.

Attached Files:

23. daddio211

daddio211

A rendering? What do you have in mind?

24. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Need a two angle realistic to use with a portfolio package to get some of the things i'm gonna need. Problem is money...its tight these days.....

25. daddio211

daddio211

I think we could work something out, call me this weekend.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

26. kevinhog

kevinhog
    from SoCal

Did you notch the frame in the front for axle clearance? Maybe when you do the shocks you could give a little more in depth look at the front suspension set up. I( have a 108 window van I plan to do something similar too. Keep up the good work!

27. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

I love it!!! Great job

28. mothradeath

mothradeath

whats the word on the doors....are you going to luck out and have the window be able to roll all the way down? thats like one of my big worries on mine. haha...i just think it would piss me off.

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I have a buddy doing the exact same thing to his A100 aswell, just with hydros. I'll see if i can find a pic

30. Window Licker

Window Licker

how much head room will you end up with after moving the seats that much higher?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.