Register now to get rid of these ads!

Distric Attorney/ Code Enforcement issues with your cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Well, for many of us Southern California guys its home, always has been.
    I'm going to be forced to take out the '34 today as a buddy of mine and I are going to lunch at the beach. Its going to be a little chilly, though, maybe 77-78 degrees, so I'll have to wear long pants, but, hey, you do what ya gotta do...

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

I really like the attitude of your town's officials. Very cool.
    Now, about California...I've lived here for more than fifty years. About 35 million other folks live here as well. If it was as bad as people think, do you honestly believe that ANYONE would live here? California has the eighth largest economy in the world, and over one tenth the population of the United States lives here. Think about that for a moment.

As a quick sidenote, the safest cities in America report came out today, and five of the top thirteen were located in Southern California...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. WOW! #1 A lot of creative ideas popping out here #2 Yes, when something smells fishy, most of the time it can be traced to politics in one way or another #3 I too am a member of the moved out the country years ago to get away from all that BS in the city. #4 I hope you get a happy ending to your "adventure"! Just my 2 cents worth...GOOD LUCK!

4. The Judge ruled today that we need to maintain and landscape the parkway. In the end, it was a $250 fine w/ a deadline of Mid December to have the corrections completed. It was all about money, plain & simple. The pea gravel is grandfathered in, and the Judge chose not to contest it. Ding!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009

5. So you don't have to get rid of the cars, or anything like that?

Will they let you put wood chips/ shredded tree material down on the ground as a "ground cover"? You can get it for free from bigger tree trimmer companies.

6. He mentioned wood chips/bark.. But I have decided to just put grass sod out there. I'll maintain it, cut it, water it- It's all fine by me. Just leave my cars out of it! It feels good being able to keep whats already mine.. Isn't that something!

7. well, I'm glad all is good with the cars.

I'd gladly pay $250 and plant some grass to get them out of my hair.

8. Damn good result.
    I see common sense prevailed.
    Not that sense is very common now a day.:D

9. Congrats. Sounds like a happy ending.

10. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ congrats.Glad to hear you can keep your cars and thats all you have to do.

11. agtw31

agtw31

it's real bad in the burbs around here

a couple of them wont even let you have a trailer or motorhome in your driveway,let alone a non running car.

12. hemi46

hemi46
    Member Emeritus

About 20 years ago, I read where a guy in cali had a problem with some neighbors, they did'nt like something, I don't remember what it was, but he moved out and leased his house to the Hell's Angels as a clubhouse for five years. The bitchers went to court to contest the lease and lost.

13. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

congratulations brotha. i think i know where you live, its on a main street right? we were thinking they were just trying to take your land from you. over here in eastvale they did that to a old timer who had a whole in the wall bar that was there for ever. they built 10 bedroom homes all around him and the next thing you know the city of norco did a eminent domain on him cause he wouldn't tear it down. all they wanted was a excuse to take his land. they did to another old timer as well. they came in tore everything down and took his land and handed him the bill.
    i live in riverside near kilgers Dad and we got hit all because a dick cement contractor thought we put the code enforcer on him for running his yard out of a vacant lot he had owned next door to his house he just sold. they came over seen our cars told either get them running or put them in one of our buildings. and they said we needed to put up a wood fence so the neighbor don't have to look at our stuff. they were pretty cool about it. they just cited us for illegal buildings that we built, they told us to get all our permits for them and have them signed off. we were cool to them, we opened all the doors and told to have at it. and what ever they want changed we will gladly do it. it cost us some big money to get everything up to code but when its over there will never be a problem again. some times its best to be there friend and make it all easy for them then to jump up fighting. in our area there is so many violations with people converting there horse sheds into apartments to rent to people from mexico, no kidding there either. on one side there was a horse and on the other side a was a hole family living in a horse shed. and owning 200 roosters or horses, to guys parking 10 big rig trucks in the yard or garage doors all around there property.

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

If you are content with that, that's cool.

For your sake I hope I'm wrong, but my problem is with the fact that now they have their hooks in you. It IS about collecting revenue. You are on the books, and it's my fear that now that they have a source, code enforcement people will be back to the well to draw another bucket-full of that easy money. There will be a 'next time'. Then, when you have to go to court to defend yourself it'll be in front of a different judge, and you will be labled as a 'repeat offender'.

15. CGkidd

CGkidd

Sounds like things worked out OK. One of the main reasons why I moved from Socal though.

16. 62nova

62nova

I'm glad I live in Taylor.

17. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

25 years ago, they used background themes like that to make hilarious movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjDekdnIeE

Now where is that little Volkswagen bug numbered "53" when you need it most? On further thought, it probably fell victiom to some cash-for-clunkers scrappage program, if code enforcers haven't dragged it off already...

18. Very cool indeed! Congrats!

19. I'm pretty much safe with the Judges decision to "not contest" the pea gravel as being Grandfathered in. I will always have that in my defense, an on record now. Yesterday @5pm the same officer came over and took more pictures, talked about how he wants a 54 Chevy an all that. So as long as I keep the front yard up to par.. I'm good. By not having the grass green out front.. I was poking a stick in the bee hive if you will. Now I know how to stay in there graces and plan to stay w/ it!
    Thanks again for all your info!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hmmm i wouldn't mind making a house out of a horse shed, the horses probably smell better then all the neighbor rules and regulations bullshit, besides i like horses.

21. It needed to be done.. if they were not so round about, an a little more specific in the notice, I could have avoided the fine. Live and learn

22. allengator

allengator
    from Keller, TX

sounds like a decent deal

23. Just found out today, the total fine will be $175.00 Last year they drummed up Six Hundred Thousand dollars in fines. All that, just to break even. They are struggling to keep there jobs.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  24. This thread is dead.. But I just found out the city of S.B has generated over 2million in fines. That's 1.4 mill in profit. Not bad for just fuckin w/ people!

25. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

This code enforcement crap has been going on forever! Back in 1970 my dad had a forty ford pickup he was working on beside our house!! The old bitch next door called the city ---they gave him 90 days to make run --register or remove from the property--or a $300.00 fine would be imposed!!!!!He came home everyday from work ate dinner and completly dis-assembled that truck with a hammer+cold chisel!!!!! He drove the old bitch next door crazy for 89 days!!!! next he got a permit and built a 2-car garage and drove the old bitch crazy working on everything he could!!!Every year he and my grandfather would spread 2 to 3 inches of stear manure over the property to raise the odds!!!Love them old farts----Dennis

26. So I'm not the only one, who thinks like that! Haha..

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Many years ago in San Jose, a neighbor female started visiting my ex wife when I was at work. Ex wife showed her my 3 car garage, with my roadster, F100, and '52 Porsche roadster. The obese woman practically went berserk, saying: "He can't have all that! My husband would Never try anything like this!", and her worm of a husband showed up with 3 jerks from the city zoning commission and a fire marshal.
    They issued a citation in my absence, and I got uptight when I read it.
    The ex wife was leaving, (house was leased) and she took off. My buds helped me move everything into a shop we rented, and three nights later, (after too many Budweisers) my pal and I backed onto the fat lady's lawn, to reward her twirp husband with a lawn burnout. Pal Gary said, "Just wait a second," and attached my chain to the front door handle. I got the F100 sideways, came off the curb full tilt, and Bang! The front door, still in the casing, came up behind me and nearly tacoed my tailgate! I dragged the door a coupla blocks, then pulled into a gas station and tossed it in the dumpster.
    Man, I'm sure glad I don't drink like that any more.

28. Damn, you gotta love the American Dream.. I skipped my first marriage, but I still seem to attract those who want something for nothing.