Register now to get rid of these ads!

Definitive S-10 Frame Swap Vehicle List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj

tj

Here's a Willys PU I did. Easy build, great ride and handling.

Attached Files:

2. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

did anybody tried a '86 suburban or a blazer chassis on a 1947- 1953 pickup??

Does that fit..?

3. Abomination

Abomination

That's cutting it a little short...

~Jason

4. Abomination

Abomination

BTTT for Monday!

~Jason

5. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Thanks for the replies, info, and pics provided by Frank02L and Thirty7Slammed - as well as all the other HAMBers. Very informative indeed.

Jason, thanks for starting this thread. I'm following the updated posts.

RGV

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  6. Abomination

Abomination

No problem! I figured we needed a thread like this. :)

~Jason

7. Weasel

Weasel

Here's something different - a rare Aussie 1940 Ford ute at my place. S-10 chassis, Ford 9" rear, 351W/C4. Note fabricated 'box blocks' to support front of cab on S-10 frame. The ute body needed a lot of fixing before the S-10 transplant started. Roof had been cut off the cab to squeeze more stuff into the container from Oz - WTF!:confused::confused:

Also have a 1946 Ford Tudor sedan graft going on - same drivetrain as the ute.

Attached Files:

8. Abomination

Abomination

Wow!

I've ALWAYS wanted one JUST LIKE THAT!!! :eek::eek::eek:

~Jason

9. Chris_Rat

Chris_Rat

Hey man, this is what rodding is all about, using what you got and maiking it fit.

I'm on the hunt for a cab to put on my s10.

I'm leaning towards a chebby of some sort.

Chris

10. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Here are the frame modifications on my S10- 40 Ford pickup swap. Some of the modifications are not a have too, but this truck is bagged and on the ground, so the body needs to sit on the frame. I went to Westcotts web site & got their frame dimensions for a 35 thru 40 Ford chassis, the S10 frame was to wide at the firewall area, so I trimmed the outer frame rails to match the dimensions of the Westcott drawing. The chassis I used was a regular cab, 109” I think, ( getting kinda forgetful lately), anyway I made a new back clip from 2” X 5” tubing and changed the wheelbase to the stock 40 112”. Im using A.R.T. shockwaves all around, and their triangulated 4 bar in the rear, and tubular control arms up front. Picked up a vega box from <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</st1:placeName>Flaming <st1:placeType w:st="on">River</st1:placeType></ST1:p last weekend, don’t have any pics of that yet, but it was a direct bolt on. All the body bolt holes are in the chassis, haven’t fabbed any front fender or bed mounts yet, but I did win a Z-AC Walker radiator at the nats last weekend,:D so I will be figuring out some radiator dimensions soon, here’s some pics:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll post more pics later.

11. Terraizer

Terraizer

thirty7slammed, nice work, that looks great.

12. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

13. Abomination

Abomination

14. Abomination

Abomination

Here's an in-depth page about how to put a fiberglass '41 Willys on an S-10, with a 454 and lots of other goodies!

Link:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hjgould/

[​IMG]

~Jason

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

were the early s-10s chassie boxed,or channel. i was told that they were boxed,sorta looked like a 57 chevy car chassie, used just one chassie and the wheel base was changed by sliding the back part inside of the front half. don't know this for a fact.any truth to it.or was i miss-informed. anybody done a s-10 frame swap on a 45-47 stude p.u?.by the way great thread.this is the way a thread should go:D.great info,and a minimal amout of bitchin.thanks folks:)

16. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Big Nick, please take a bunch of photos! I have a buddy with a 50 Dodge business coupe that I have been working on buying for YEARS now... if I ever get my greasy mits on it, this might be just the ticket!

17. Abomination

Abomination

I've been cramming in all the S-10 stuff I come across, right into this thread. If I can't use it, surely SOMEBODY can! :)

Check the pictures out in the previous posts - they about say it all... but if you're looking for a chassis built like a brick shithouse...

Link:

http://autoweldchassis.com/newprod.ivnu

[​IMG]

~Jason

~Jason

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  18. junglejunkie

junglejunkie
    from nocal

Not everyone can afford to build "very high end" stuff tough guy. Some of us have to use what we got to get what we want. Nothing gay about an S-10. Do you even know what your talking about?

19. midcal48

midcal48
    from Hughson,CA

i have started an S-10 swap on my 48 ford f1...but i want to put a ford motor in it.

Weasel do you have any pictures of the ford motor install??

and how hard was it? what mounts?

20. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

i can buy this 86' suburban can anybody tell me does it fit when i want to use it for example for a 53' chevy pickup

Attached Files:

21. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Now THAT is a helluva first post there FNG. You may wanna tone it down a bit until you have a little time in on this forum. Just a nickles worth of free advice for ya... spend it how you may.

However...

dirty petcock - I gotta wonder the same question as jungle did... What is "gay" about doing a frame swap to upgrade the suspension and frame of an older vehicle? Ever heard of a model A body being dropped on a 32 frame? Hotroddders have been doing frame swaps since the beginning.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  22. boozoo

boozoo

Thanks for saying exactly what I was about to. :)

The whole reason the S-10 swap is becoming so popular is it's a good fit and gives you a lot of modernized running gear in one shot - and when you think about it, that's something hot rodders have been doing for decades.

I'll hopefully have some updates of my own in a couple weeks - I'm going tomorrow to fetch an S-10 frame for my Hudson pickup project.

And if it makes y'all feel any better, the Austin will get a new scratch built chassis whenever I get around to it. ;)

23. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

24. Abomination

Abomination

Yep, too small, man.

Long bed, extended cab S-10 is the way to go! :D

~Jason

25. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

I'm not trying to start a computer fight here guys I'm just speaking my mind. I will take some pictures of my friends '55 pickup for you red car. As for comparing a model a on a deuce frame, to an s-10 chasis under something is going a little to far. I live, eat and sleep traditional hot rods,Bikes,and customs. What the fuck is traditional about a Chevy S-10? Is that not what this message board is about!?? It would be very cheap and easy for me to use Honda Civic brakes on my hot rod, but I would not do that because it would be wrong. and GAY! I would say the same thing to a person using a fiberglass body. It will get the job done for you if you want to look, but to me it's not that cool. As far as the money thing goes stop crying and using that as a excuse. I built my truck for around eight grand by doing my homework,and learning everything I can from other hot rodders that "get it"

26. Rodz4U

Rodz4U

1941 willys I built on a 1984 s10

27. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Just so I can find this later.
    dwrfab Don Ross

28. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

hey this fit easy enough.

Attached Files:

29. James427

James427
    BANNED

I just bought this 37 Chebby coupe for $150. There is an S-10 frame and suspension up underneath it. I have not pulled it out of the weeds yet to see how it fits, but I'm planning on doing that tomorrow. I'll snap some pics if it will help anyone.

[​IMG]

30. Abomination

Abomination

HELL YES, snap some pics - and post 'em, too!

That's what this frame is about - finished or not, we all want to see how folks have gotten those chassis to work for 'em!

~Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.