Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cyclone Hood for your 64-65 FALCON

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconwagon62, Jan 28, 2012.

1. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Got the hood on today, the fit looked to be great, not too small, got a decent fit in 10 minutes, the scoops flow nice in to the valley in the center of the hood, the scoops them self are 1-1/2 taller than the Cyclone, the under hood, has the underpenings and can be cut to make it a working ram air.....all and all NICE part, not what I am thinking for my Sprint, but if a modified or gasser....not the standard teardrop....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Is that from Crites?

3. havi

havi

More specifics, please.

4. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

yep, the mold man Tim brought it down and wanted to see what its like on another car other than the Mock up one they use....

[​IMG]

NEW 1964-65 Falcon Ram Air Hood - $350

http://critesperformanceparts.com/

5. Cshabang

Cshabang

well Im not use to seeing that! lets hope their fiberglass quality has come back up...We have numerous cars with their products, and it seemed for awhile, it wasnt always up to snuff. Thankfully, the big issues were handled...

6. SLCK64

SLCK64

Are you on fordmuscleforums.com as well?

7. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I had a teardrop Falcon hood from Crites. It was a nice piece but I sold the Falcon before I could put it on. Layed it on my Cyclone and it was a few inches to short. :(

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Like horse shit...I smell funny and I am everywhere, promoting the Falcon lifestyle....so yes....been here alot longer....6 years or so....

9. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I'm trying to like it. I think it would look better without the stock valley.

-KK

10. SLCK64

SLCK64

It would look better on a Comet, maybe Im just biased lol. ;)

11. butch70462

butch70462

looks better on Comet

12. Talked to Charlie Crites awhile back when I did all the tech acticle work for Legendary Ford Magazine about doing one of those hoods for my 65 falcon Drag Wagon, Glad to see it finally came thru!

Fast Eddie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  13. critesperformanceparts

critesperformanceparts
    from ohio

Yes Eddie we finally have gotten the hood done ! it looks great Give me a call if you are wanting some information on the hood You know I will work you up a great price for all the support you have given us over the years and all the tech articles you have done , Thanks Jessica @ Crites :)

14. Judd

Judd

Personally I like the bubble better even on a Comet. LOL. The Crites trunk on my Comet looks better on the underside than my original from back in the day hood and fenders do on the outside.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  15. RatsAss32

RatsAss32
    from SE Mich

I was going to make my own, after the wife stated she hated the teardrop on the wagon, but when this hit, I ordered one.

I like the fact that it has the stock cleavage in the center.

I'll post some pictures of the final project. Headliner goes in tomorrow, glass on Monday and should have the hood painted and on the middle of April.

65 sleeper wagon, not sure why, but the eggs never make it home intact!

Edit: Added shot of before, after in a few weeks.

Attached Files:

16. Muttley

Muttley

Not really a fan of this, I might like it better if the nostrils werent so tall.

17. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Thanks to critesperformanceparts, they have donated one of these hoods, to be raffeled off at the Falcon Nationals in July, in Louisville, Ky, just another reason to sign up now!!!

Thanks to Charles and the crew!!!

John Howard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  18. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Don't forget, we will be having a raffle at the 2012 Falcon Nationals on a hood, NO WAITING, we have it on site, still on the box!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks good.......

[​IMG]

19. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I dig it. Hmmmm...wonder what it would look like on a Fairlane? It' almost rare to see a Fairlane WITHOUT a bubble hood. Kind of like finding a Shelby that HASN'T had the glove box signed! Photo shop anyone?

20. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Looks good. Much better than I would've thought. Cool Mr. Crites donated one. His customer service is also great.

21. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Hey R A you interested in selling the teardrop hood from the falcon since you got the ram air one now ??

22. mow too much

mow too much

I always thought it would look good to graft a 66 Cyclone hood to a 64-65 Falcon/Comet:cool:

23. TedBundy70

TedBundy70

Don't really care for the look of it on a Falcon. Great on a Comet though. As for the quality from Crites, I just got a tear drop hood for my 65 Falcon hardtop. The quality is horrible.

I had always heard how good their quality was so I bought one. Wishing now that I hadn't. It's going to take some major work to get it to fit and look right.

Oh well, live and learn.

24. This is my third Crites hood and second set of fenders over the years and I think they fit great and require minimal work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  25. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Looks pretty cool to me RatsAss32!

Attached Files: