This is my 1st build thread on my locally found 54 Ford Victoria 2 dr hardtop. It approx 12" lengthened Lincoln quarters, w/ Lincoln taillights, continental kit, merc front & rear bumpers, 53 Ford dash, & it had a 341 Lincoln engine with it (not in it) The floors have some rust in them in the common places but it initially didn't look too bad, the fenders & rockers need help as well, but the trunk is good! I liked this car right off the bat cuz it was a complete car that I could start with, it had all the chrome trim in place & not just boxes of parts, as well as some odd factory options like power seats & windows along with factory air! As well as it was in my price range. Since this is my first custom I knew I was going to need help on making sure I keep it in the correct era & not dick it up with a bunch of stupid crap that doesn't belong on it since this car is 57 years older than I am now (aka Im 31 now), so with the help of my dad (No Plan = HAMB) & uncle I knew I was in good hands as they both are avid custom car lovers with owning tons of cool cars between them. So my initial goal is I knew I needed to have this car slammed to the ground, wide whites, & hubcaps to match, keeping it subtle but yet in the end I want people to get the "wow thats awesome" effect. Here are a few pics of me bringin it home on the trailer I couldnt resist ripping the coils out ASAP to see what it would look like I started by ripping the interior out to see how bad the rust in the floors was & no surprise it was WAY worse than originally estimated;. So I started hackin till I found good metal, I got some 18ga sheet metal & used my uncles antique bead roller & here is the end product. (No its NOT galvanized metal, I used white spray paint to help create a line to cut on) I stopped on the floors once the passenger side was done to work on the front suspension to see what it was going to take to get this thing to lay on the ground, after a trip to Salina Kansas for the KKOA show & after seeing some of the coolest rides in the country I was completely hooked on the lead sled idea. (Screenz = HAMB) 54 Ford was there & he helped steer me in the right direction, what an amazing car! So using a junk 205-70-15 I faked a Krylon white wall & used a cap from my dad & after much research, hacking & help from some friends ideas that are pro's in the mini-truck air bagging world, this is what I ended up with for the front end stance. With the help of the jack the picture shows the front wheel higher than the frame rail & converted it to disc brakes as well, now we're talkin! My dad is a recently retired machinist & designer & I'm a drafter/designer we came up with this pocket idea for the massive 2600lb air bags to fit in using the stock 54 a-arms, he TIG'd it all for me. The 1st pic was the prototype, it was way too thin of material & the sq tube was to help keep the stock arm square while we welded on it. Here is what I did for the top mount for the 2600lb bag; I basically put a plate on the bottom of the upper coil mount. Although I did match the angle of the lower A-arm when slammed so the bag matches the bottom mount when lay'd out. The air line goes straight up right out of the stock shock mounting hole. I found a powered center steer rack/pinion that I believe is out of Sunbird/Corsica car that I'll be working on adapting to the Ford; this is an entire story in itself but so far seems to be working well with the oil pan. Biggest issue is routing the driver's side exhaust around the steering shaft even though we used 2 joints. After a short while I realized that I'll need to notch the frame so the tie rods will clear when the air is out of the bags We were getting bored one night & we want to graph the continental kit into the trunk to be more subtle & match the rear window angle, not something that looks like it was stuck on the car so here we had arts & crafts night to get some more crazy ideas flowing..