Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Cover for hilborn style scoop???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Monkey, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

I can't find one anywhere. I thought they used to be all over the place. Am I totally out of the loop? I can find one for the bigger oval shapped BDS scoops but not the smaller oval hilborn scoops.

Here's what I'm needing to cover...

[​IMG]

Here's the big oval kind...

[​IMG]

and here's the big oval cover...

[​IMG]

I'm just needing this cover for the smaller scoop.

Suggestions???

monkey

2. Sew one up yourself!

3. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Needle and thread are not my friends Tman! I might just have to do that though.

monk

4. pastlane

pastlane

The pic is a Mr Gasket / Summit / Speedway scoop. Before you break out the needle & thread have you checked with all of them?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Just had 1 made @ the local trim shop for $25.

6. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Yes. I could have swore there used to be an ad in Speedway for those covers in all different colors. I bought the BDS one and had to cut it down and have it re-sewn to fit mine. Now a buddy of mine wants two more and I can't find them anywhere.

monkey

7. I'm a bit confused. I always thought the BDS scoop had the same mouth as a Hilborn scoop.

Ironicly I called a guy about a cover for my Hilborn 4 port this morning. He's got a bunch of different designs but I was asking for a plain one. He said he'd have to look around and see if he had any. I'm calling him back in a couple of hours. I'll let you know what he has then.

8. I just ordered a plain Hilborn 4 port scoop cover for $30 + shipping from Overland Design. The guy knows his stuff and described the differences on the different scoops to me. Here's the link and phone number.

http://www.overlanddesign.com/embroidereddesigns.html#blowerscoops

714-639-4618

Oh, if he isn't sure about your scoop he'll have you make a cardboard pattern and send it to him.

9. I took my scoop to the shop that stitched my interior, and had them sew this one up in the same leather used on the interior. They sewed a loop of 1/4" bungee chord into it that works great. They charged me 20 bucks. Dorthy Mooneyham removed the patch from one of Gene's old caps and gave it to me.

Attached Files:

10. Well, I could sew a couple up for you but the beer you would owe me would far exceed that $30 the guy charges:D

11. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Thanks Kerry,

I think this is going to work perfect! I owe ya!

monkey

12. No sweat man. :)

13. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

Monkey pm jebo he can make you one.

14. swade41

swade41
    from buffalo,ny

Did anyone find any other scoop covers out there ? I need one for my scoop too

[​IMG]

15. I'm happy with mine.

[​IMG]

16. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

Shower cap. I used to use shower caps to cover my open element air cleaners.

17. swade41

swade41
    from buffalo,ny

I got one of those but was trying for something a little more fitting..lol

I see them with BDS logos and see them from Mooneyes with their logo, not much out there that is plain.

Kerry I was checking out that web site and may give the guy a call but didn't see plain ones there either.

18. He'll make what you want.

19. swade41

swade41
    from buffalo,ny

I ended up just sewing one by hand today, I give a lot of respect to you interior guys.

[​IMG]

20. Looks good!