Register now to get rid of these ads!

Corvette Summer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. autobilly

autobilly

What would Sigmund Freud say...:D

2. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

I dont remember how old I was but my first time to drive was ina vette. I've always had a facinaton with them. My pops just picked up a 68' yesterday.

3. Turbo442

Turbo442

Wow, I always heard he wasn't big on autographs, at least when it came to SW fans. Neat story

4. Turbo442

Turbo442

I was curious about the Alsetta too. This is all I could find.
    Apparently they credit Art Arfons for it. Insanity.

Attached Files:

5. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Sorry Guys but it's still one of my all time fav Vettes. There I admitted it!

6. aceuh

aceuh

Spotted this one at the Coker Tire/Power Tour block party last week.

[​IMG]

And last year in Cleveland.

[​IMG]

Saw this one at Caffeine & Octane in Marietta earlier this month.

[​IMG]

I was really diggin the vintage wheels with body colored centers...and the fact that they drove it hard enough to bust the fender.

[​IMG]

Saw this purists nightmare at the Turkey Run the last couple years...I dig it.

[​IMG]

And another from last summer in Cleveland.

[​IMG]

7. I have always thought the same thing. I even built a 64 Vette drag car model when I was a wee lad of 10. It was killer,still in the basement somewhere.

8. 56pu

56pu
    from Sarver,PA

My stepdads 66, it hasnt changed since the 70s, and hasnt moved since the late 80s.. It has a 68 DZ302 4spd and lots of cat prints...

Attached Files:

• 279.JPG
      279.JPG
      File size:
      187.9 KB
      Views:
    • 275.JPG
      275.JPG
      File size:
      185.9 KB
      Views:
    • 277.JPG
      277.JPG
      File size:
      208.2 KB
      Views:
  9. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

man that car is it...
    truth be told i dig the corvette summer car too...remember watching it on TV and Dad laughing at me.

10. MODELA30

MODELA30

Hey does anyone know if x sonic did that car have hydraulics up front i think i heard of that car when i was a kid something about it being the first car ever to have hydraulic suspension? But i hear it had wwii hydrualics from a b-17 or another war bird any info thanks. Knuck from indiana.

11. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

My first physical car experience was my brother's '57. I did the only humane thing you can to a mid-eighties 'Vette-rebodied it.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

URL=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/aa57.jpg/][​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=

12. philo426

philo426

13. 61TBird

61TBird

If I could find my winning Lottery ticket...I'd be tearin' up the Streets with a Phase III Motion 'Vette!!:D:D:D

This one was on the 'bay for $225k...:eek::eek::eek:
    [​IMG]

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

15. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Here are a couple of pics from the GG's Indy event last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Garden Gnome is a "GIFT" from voodoochili. I was "THRILLED" to receive that.

B:DB

16. haychrishay

haychrishay

Ain't it great, bein sick !......yes it was a big block and no the numbers didn't match, every time I got out of it

Attached Files:

17. Wow I never knew there was this many Corvette lovers on the HAMB, you guys should get together and have a tupperware party! But I guess if your all getting older it is the perfect car to drive because they lock in freshness...LOL

As long as you drive a Corvette and are not "Corvette Guys" its ok . In my opion "Corvette Guys" are ass monkeys!

The only way I like Corvettes are old drag cars.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  18. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

I doubt a "Corvette Guy" would drag himself down to "this level"-thank goodness! I think the majority of people here deep down are "Car Guys" who have merely settled into the specific types and eras that are personified here. That is borne out by how often we stray off topic a bit when a non HAMB type car affects the group one way or another. Look who started this thread-and look who'll rein it in if it goes too far. I personally like that. And I like a done well almost any car you can name from an Alfa to a ...well. there's no way a Zender can be done well.

19. agreed. :D
    you go to a show and they all park together and talk amongst themselves. not all vette guys are like that, but goddamn most of them are.

i love the assheads that pick over my dad's 59. this isn't original, that isn't original. there should be grease pencil marks here, my douche bag should go there. then we tell them it's an original, unrestored survivor, that the motor has never been rebuilt and the body has never been off the frame. yeah, fuck you buddy. it's tough to know what an original vette looks like when your nose is pointed up all the time.

20. MattStrube

MattStrube

I love that vette...

21. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

The problem with Vettes isn't the cars, it's the owners. They can't even get along with each other. You see them lined up at events and the older vettes are sepparated from the smells new crowd. Guy last year pointed out to me that his 67, 427 only had 750 miles on it. That's not a car, that's a statue. No thanks... If it was mine, it'd have another 750 miles on it by Saturday and probably need new tires!

I've got an autographed pic of the playmate of the year next to the Mako Shark back in the early 70's. Both had great paint jobs! LOL

22. Couldn't agree with you more !!! Its not the cars fault that it usually has an ass monkey for an owner....lol I love your "thats not a car its a staue" line, that is so true and not just about Corvettes but anyone that has a nice old ride and leaves them in the garage, just to worship at the altar of thier coolness...but "Corvette Guys" just seem to take that to the extreme....to the I cant drive my car it could rain , or i will drive it when the FAA grounds all birds so they can't poop on my car ! LOL

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  23. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Sounds alot like hotrodders......and musclecar guys....and.....and.....:D

24. classicfins

classicfins

I like it too. I think the fact that it's so ridiculous is what appeals to me.

25. it the same type of dickhead that buys cars at barrett jackson, stores them in a warehouse for a few years just to flip them. they're one of the major reason the average joe can't afford to get into muscle cars anymore. i used to be able to watch it for the cool iron they'd show, but it just disgusts me now. now every 9 toed sumbitch with a 318 powered dodge thinks they have some rare, exotic beast. there is no shortage of good cars out there, they're just not being put on the market because people think they are "investments". i have a strong distaste for those people and i don't give a damn if i offend one of them telling them so.

26. Deuces

Deuces

I'd settle for a '67 L-88 car with the aluminum heads... An extra motor wouldn't hurt, like a ZL-1 with some exotic crossram Weber intake manifold... An M-22 trans with 3.70 gears out back so I could drive this beast out on the streets... Oh yeah!.... It's gotta have the sidepipes... :D :) Am I dreaming too much???

27. I've driven this car. :eek: (sure, it was only 30 feet, but still.......:cool:)

28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

29. 231ramona

231ramona

I saw this sweet little 63 roadster on Ebay the other day and it really grabbed me. I love the simplicity of it. The solid color, cragars, leg-pipes, and mild fender radius is just right. I had a simular 65 and it was a great little car. Mid-year Vettes are hard to beat.

Attached Files:

30. Deuces

Deuces

Those ZZZingers are back on the shelves.... Check out your local hobby shop!... :)