Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colder Than A Witch's... Snow Car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beauishere, Nov 23, 2010.

1. beauishere

beauishere

Thought you guys might like a look at our '31 Model A Snow Car. Believe it or not this was a factory conversion back in the day. Used to deliver mail up in the upper midwest where you have to keep driving when good sense says not to. We bought this out of Kansas a few years ago. It's a kick. Not really made for this type of region, we'll take it to the ranch in Spokane next month.

My Dad's been waiting all year to get this duel axle, tracked Model A on the street. Last night we had a pretty good cold front move in. And with Western Washington all but shut down this morning with iced roads (this ain't Chicago), it was a bit of a slack day at work. 19 degrees in the sun, 2 inches of packed ice and conditions were go. We won't put the front skis on until we get some real snow (don't want the local heat accusing us of tearing up the pavement), but according to the forcasts, it won't be much of a wait. This old beast really scoots and you haven't lived until you're heading down hill and you realize you have two brake handles on your right, but only one right arm. Steering wheel or brakes? Oh 'da thrills. Everybody had a lot of fun until we had to abandon the un-heated cab and head for the Bookers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I could have used that yesterday. That would be fun.

3. That's a really cool rig!

4. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

pretty neat!!!!!!!!

5. beauishere

beauishere

We could've used your back seat today. Lot of neighbors wanted rides.

6. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

What a great thing to do with a "war baby" Model A.

7. 73super

73super

Well that's one I know won't be chopped and dropped! Looks awesome. I'm in your area (great NW) I'll have to keep an eye out. Man.. now I feel like crap having to drive my Jeep around.. Where's the joy in that.. I want to get me one of those!!!

8. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

9. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

Whoa! I could use that right now..

10. jason65

jason65