Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classified section ethics

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by II FUNNY, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Is there a code of ethics on the HAMB that is enforceable?...if someone make a deal, and then comes back and says they have been offered more, so you can either match or lose out...are they marked as a bad seller?

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

define "make a deal". no money, no deal.

3. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

In my opinion your only as good as your word. If the guy agreed to sell you an item at a certain price he should honor that price. In the same light if you told him you would pay a certain price but then had not sent the money yet he is still free to sell it to someone else.
    I 've had guys on here tell me they were going to buy an item from me then never show or contact me again.

4. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

This is the deal. Was waiting on him to remove tires and get total with shipping.

Attached Files:

5. If you can't trust him it's certainly time to move on.

6. Well simple ethics it is not an auction.

If someone cuts a deal with me as far as I am concerned it is a done deal. if they come back later and say well someone else offered me more then the way to enforce that is to say good sell it to them and move on. There is a section for feedback these days and there is a place for you to comment on your feedback.

7. xxlv8

xxlv8
    from USA

^^^ What they said, he did you dirty. If removing the tires was an issue he should have said so and not made a deal. This ain't Fleabay!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if he had a deposit from you would be different deal - does not sound like he was real excited about taking tires off and shipping. yep, long distance deals can be a hassle for both sides.

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2, this is not e bay...Seller is acting like a thief...Just have to move on..

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when a guy can take an email to the grocery store and buy a loaf of bread then emails would be a deal.

Squablow likes this.
  11. This is a sticky deal, not a clean deal.

First you apparently ask him to split a set, this isn't what he advertised and you're custom making your own deal.
    Then you ask him to add trouble and effort on his end at a discount to your benefit.
    Again a custom deal that you're making with his stuff and no money yet.

I gotta tell you that I would have said no, no to the split, no to the dismount and no to your reorganization of my affairs, but that's me. You buy it all and you resell, store, keep the rest. That's means there wouldn't be this problem between you and I.

Yes he agreed and apparently thought better of the deal and a secondary clean deal materialized less any of the hoops to jump thru and the clear space. No other ad to place, What would you do?
    It doesn't seem like the extra 100 is that big of deal its more all of the left over untidiness.

In the end, let your yes be yes and your no be no and stand by your word. But people are people, he wants a better deal just like you want your own deal made from his stuff.

12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Sounds like maybe he priced them a bit less than they were worth..

If I priced something too low, too bad for me. There have been times when I could have gone back on a deal for more money, but I have to live with myself.

Time to move on. Keep your eyes peeled for another set.

13. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Ethics or greed. Pick one. We see which one he picked. I`m with Beaner. Once I say I will do the deal, I stick with it. I expect the same from the other guy. If your not ready to commit till you see what else might come along its simple. Just don`t commit. In the end when this happens you just have to move on and don`t deal with him again.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    36roadster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.