Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chrome Shop Praise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever18, Jan 23, 2017.

1. 4ever18

4ever18

Some months ago, I posted a few photos of my freshly plated grille. R&D Finishing (Elizabethton, TN) did an absolutely stunning job. I also dropped off a pitted pair of 1963/64 Pontiac rear brake backing plates for plating. During the discussion of cost/performance/appearance, I decided upon a satin Nickel plating. When I picked up the backing plates, I was less than satisfied with the results. A few weeks went by and I couldn't talk myself into liking the looks of them (they had a somewhat yellow hue and a textured finish). I finally decided that I would either just paint them or go see how much more money I would need to spend to get them chromed. I walked into the shop and started to explain my feelings - then the guy at the counter stopped me and stated that he was glad that I had brought them back. He said that they could see by the look on my face when I first inspected them that I wasn't pleased with them. I asked what would be the cost to chrome them - He stated that they'd be happy to do them at NO CHARGE!! Yay! I'm one happy customer.

Chrome \'64 Pontiac Rear Backing Plates 01.jpg

2. 41 C28

41 C28

That's great they are good people.

4ever18 likes this.
  3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That's a Class operation, they want a happy customer!
    KK

4ever18 likes this.
  4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Ogden plating in Utah could learn something from those guys

5. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

>>>I couldn't talk myself into liking the looks of them (they had a somewhat yellow hue and a textured finish).>>>

Hmmm. I think I woulda liked them. Do you have photos of how the nickel-plated stuff looked? Jack E/NJ

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, that's how you entice more customers in and why you'd recommend them. The best advertising is word of mouth and happy repeat customers.

4ever18 likes this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Again I think this forum needs a dislike button.
    It would be handy for BS like this.

8. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Thanks for posting the praise. I Had my first parts chromed and have many more to do but have been frozen to proceed. I Had perfect brand new parts done and they came back in pretty bad shape. I will keep this shop in mind when I finish chroming my parts.

4ever18 likes this.
  9. That's GOOD to hear! They will get my business.

4ever18 likes this.
  10. 4ever18

4ever18

I'm sorry, I disliked it so much that it never occurred to me to photograph them.

11. 4ever18

4ever18

Pete & Jakes uses this company, regularly.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I hope I wasn't misunderstood . The place that chromed and damaged my parts was not the shop being praised here. I didn't want to name the shop that didn't do justice to my parts because I really believe they did the best they can do and that is all I ask of anyone. I just wouldn't want to have them do more parts for me. The shop getting praised in this thread gets my vote.

4ever18 likes this.
  13. 4ever18

4ever18

Yeah, I knew that you were speaking of another shop. I mentioned that R & D Finishing is used regularly by Pete & Jakes as an additional reference for them. R & D is a family operated business. They are really pleasant folks to do business with.