Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chopped it.......she's still too tall.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbender, Feb 17, 2013.

1. wayfarer

wayfarer

A quick and dirty photoshop (like I said, I don't really know how to use it). I lengthened the front fenders, although you can't really see it. you would have to use a different rear bumper and build some sort of a pan, but you get the idea:

[​IMG]

2. I think were thinking along the same lines Jeff. More slope down, to match the front, and maybe the 41 stude tail lights. I sure hope the owner of that stude sees what you did to it!

Pushed the bird out and got some better pictures. The first one is how it sits. The second one is with the cab leveled, as it will be when mounted. The body also has to move back on the frame about 1&1/2"

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      407 KB
      Views:
    • aa.jpg
      aa.jpg
      File size:
      411.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. Here's one of the front and one of the rear from the same distance. The truck is sitting 5" above ride height. I have drop spindles and the cab will drop a good two inches when mounted. The fenders are at the correct angle, they slope down in the rear. And I never thought I'd say this....... but I'm gonna bag this one:eek: I'm not interested in "laying frame" or the broken look, but adjustable ride height and quality are a must. I think I can see this as a taildragger now and then, but it also has to tow. Please anyone feel free to chop and dice these pictures!

Attached Files:

4. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Jeff- What do you mean you don't know how to use it? You did fine on that photo and got the point across, which is what we are attempting to do.

Eric- Thanks for taking the time to get better photos! Pain in the ass, I know, but it helps with getting the proportions correct.

I'll see if I can get one more done tonight, but it might have to wait until tomorrow.

5. No Chip thank YOU buddy! No hurry, I really do need to get the cab, motor and trans mounts done. that will take a week or three!

6. Thanks a lot!! Now you have me thinking. That's dangerous:D It would only take a few minuets to drill and cut the welds. I haven't fully welded the section yet. I could probably get a way with 2 more inches;)

Edit; Ok maybe not. Went out and had a good long sit in her. Looks like we're as short as we're gonna get!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

All good,Eric! I enjoy doing it to help others see the vision. One idea just leads to more ideas. Even bad ideas are good, or there wouldn't be such things as good ideas.

You have lots of work ahead of you. My job is easy. :)

8. Ok I REALLY suck at photoshop but I just had to try one. And I sure as hell can't draw! Crude but this is one idea in my head.

Attached Files:

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

looks pretty good Eric. Are you going to be running WWW? I reckon you need a photoshop with the front wheelarches radiused up to expose the wheel more. Round about where the top of a whitewall would be.

Bunch of opinionated basterds ain't we..!!! :D

10. fleet-master

fleet-master

11. fleet-master

fleet-master

12. I missed this one! This is the direction I'm drawn to. Thinking about skirts, and draggin the tail a bit:)

13. I like this a lot! After looking at my poor photoshop I realized I didn't like the "swoop" in the fender fades. Makes it look too 30's The gentle taper and the "pod" look works better.
    Still thinking about the box........it needs to be functional, but I'm going to far to have it plain.

I reworked my picture. I'm starting to like this idea. And one with another 2 inches sectioned out for ya Paul! And with skirts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  14. fleet-master

fleet-master

looks good with the extra section out...but then i WOULD say that aye!! :D:D

How about one with the front wheelarch radiused up ? level with the top of a white wall ? Think that would 'lighten' the front end up some. looks a tad heavy at the moment IMO.

The height of the pickup bed will make a difference too. What's your thoughts on that ?

15. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Damn, I can't keep up-lol

I did this one with the stock stude quarter leaving the front part the shape of the truck fender as requested. I purposely left the box off so you could play with some ideas, but you're already ahead of me on that.

Guess I better do one with a rear fender that matches the front. I'm on it...

Thanks again for the better photos- made it much easier to work with.

Don't worry about your crap PS work- no sense in wasting time making it look real until all your ideas are ironed out.

Attached Files:

• ECS2.jpg
      ECS2.jpg
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views:
  16. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Ok- two more...

Please, no more sectioning. Just my 2c...

Attached Files:

17. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

...Yet another with the tailgate sloped in the opposite direction.

Attached Files:

• ECS6.jpg
      ECS6.jpg
      File size:
      68.6 KB
      Views:
  18. You nailed with the last one Chip!!!! it's even "Pug approved".

19. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

:) I couldn't help myself, the expression of the dog was too good to pass up.

I'm going to start cleaning it up and add color, which leads to my next question...

You have any ideas on a color yet? Once I get it looking shiny I will be able to tint it in any color you'd like to see, just thought I might start a color you'd like to see first, then go from there.

20. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

21. Very dark green, with wide white walls.

I can't stop looking at that last pic.

22. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

A couple in green for you. I'm working on a few more...

Attached Files:

23. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

... a couple more flavors to wet your whistle. :)

Attached Files:

24. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I noticed the shape of the fenders had gotten away from me so I did some fine tuning and darkened the green a little more. I also faded the background so it's less prominent.

Your hands are going to be toast after you're done beating this one out.

Attached Files:

25. Yeah, and then, I'm going to have to start working on the truck!:eek::eek:

This is absolutely stunning!!! Can't thank you enough my friend!

26. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

The trick is to not get it all over you! That's why you have a "Care Catcher" lol

You're very welcome, my friend. My job was easy- you still need to build it. :)

27. fleet-master

fleet-master

yeah that sure does look good guys!!

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

no update for a month...must be just about done by now..? :D:D

29. Yeah just finishing up!:D
    I haven't had a lot of time on the stude, but I've been making some progress. Cab mounts and such. Ordered my motor mounts from welder series and the bushings and tubes for the rear truck arms. I'll be working on chassis, suspension and drive train for a while. OT stuff, so you don't get to see it! I'd rather be doing metal work, but I want & need to get it together mechanically before I go much further. Thanks to all for checking in! It really does help with motivation!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  30. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor