Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chicken Oil Run,Bryan,Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flatheadjohn47, Dec 19, 2014.

1. This " hot rod,customs,low riders,rat rods" Run is held on the 2nd Sunday after the first of the year in Bryan/College Station,Texas at the Chicken Oil Co just north of Texas A &M University approx.1 1/2 miles on College Ave. This year it will be held on Jan 11,2015. Last year the weather was nice and there were probably 500 cars in attendance. What makes this "show" unique is that there is NO registration,NO prizes,No loudspeakers,No classes,No winners,No organization; cars just show up from everywhere and enjoy the day with others; come and go as you please.It is often referred to as The W.L lucky Run. And W.L. And his buddies drove up from around the Conroe area to have some great burgers and beer and it has grown and grown annually; best damn FREE car show you will ever attend! Flatheadjohn47 College Station,Tx. This run has been going approximately 25 years plus and is always "unannounced";always second Sunday after first of year!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    72yenkonova likes this.
  2. Missed it last year.Going to try to make it in Jan.

3. I'll keep it in mind & possibly take the first road trip in the '38 Chevy coupe!

4. txturbo

txturbo

I went last year. Rode the bikes over there.

5. sounds like fun.....thanks for the invite...

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Thanks John for posting

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Maybe I can get a heater in ol blue and come that way it's about 150 miles but that will be fun . I grew up in Madisonville know the area perty good !

8. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanx for the info....

9. I've got the coupe in pretty good shape for a road trip. I went last Sunday on a 280 mile test run & all went well. I got 14 mpg & had a great time cruising the backroads . I was really looking forward to the Chicken Oil run & meet some fellow HAMBers , but it doesn't look favorable.