Register now to get rid of these ads!

Championship Round 7 Sydney . 13/9/2014

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Sep 12, 2014.

1. spanners

spanners

We've just returned home from Sydney Dragway after being washed out AGAIN!
    There's nothing like driving there with the rain getting progressively worse the closer you get. Picked up our paperwork and the announcement come over the P.A that it's been called off and rescheduled for tomorrow, Sunday.
    As we hadn't come prepared for an overnight stay ,let alone budgeted for one, it was a case of unhitch the trailer in the pits and drive the 100 miles (158 kilometres ) back home.
    Sunday morning it will be back up at 5.00am for the drive back down to Sydney and hopefully get in a day's racing.
    I'll keep you posted.

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

The things we do for fun. Rain outs, critical parts left on the bench in the shop, long pit thrashes to repair the car to be ready for the next round. These are the things of great stories in the future, sitting around in the pits after the days racing is over, sharing a meal and beverages with the aroma of nitro and pre smoked tires for atmosphere with a group of our best friends.

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

It'll be funnier next month. Trust me. :D

4. blackknight

blackknight

Ist qualifier. Spanners 14.656 @ 89.35 mph, Al 14.606 @ 95.47 mph, Flatty slapper joe 14.323 @100.83 mph ,me 13.899 @97.96 mph

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. blackknight

blackknight

2nd qualifer spanners 14.445 @90.07, al [email protected], Flatty slapper joe 14.182 @101.54, me 13.842 @98.55

6. blackknight

blackknight

7. blacknight, thanks for the updates

8. spanners

spanners

Blacknight had to stop posting from the track as they started to run us through pretty quick.
    Round two had me up again Joe who had changed his launch method. Rather than launch in third gear, he took off in second gear which took him from 14s to low 13s with terminal speeds of 100plus m.p.h.
    Joe picked up a cherry on the tree which gave me the win.
    Al was up against Jeff with Al taking the win. Al had also changed to launching in 2nd gear which brought his times down considerably. If you look at the videos from Round 6, you will notice his car looks like a diesel it choofs out so much black smoke from launching in 3rd.
    That gave both Al and I two wins each. Round 3 saw me and Al against each other but I staged too deep and as soon as I brought up the revs the car just rolled forward on the handbrake enough to red-light. That put me and Al into the final.
    We went straight back around to line up but Al got his dial-in changed from 13.70 to 13.60 because if I hadn't red-lit he would've broken out. The timecard girls didn't have mine available so I decided to "suck and see".
    There was a short delay before we could run and you guessed, my starter motor, which was giving me grief all day, decide it didn't want to play. With the official waving frantically and the starter motor not having a bar of it, I turned the electric fuel pump off which gave it a smiggin more clout up it's internals and she fired.
    Up to the line and Al takes a cherry which gave me the win. As it turned out, if he hadn't red-lit, both of us broke out with Al doing a 13.577 on a 13.60 dial and I did a 14.377 on a 14.42. Pretty good days racing I'd say.
    Thanks go to Sydney Dragway for their running of the day even with a delay because of fog and then the tree wouldn't work and Al, Joe and Jeff for making me work for the win.
    I'll post a couple of videos when I upload them and if you're tired of the long-winded race reports, just yell out and I'll abbreviate them.

9. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hell, make'em longer. :cool:

10. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I second the motion!

11. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Love the details.

12. spanners

spanners

This bloke turned up and wanted a race but once he saw the horsepower I had on tap he chickened out so I raced Jeff instead. It's Sainty's fueller which has a 3 valve head engine of his own design which uses Holden Grey motor crank gearings as camshaft bearings.

This should've been a run against Jeff.
    And one against Al.

Unfortunately there's none that my wife took as she didn't come back to Sydney on the Sunday and my car camera battery went flat.
    Hope you enjoy. Peter

13. spanners

spanners

Oops, got that arse-about. First one was against Al, second against Jeff.

14. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

N-i-i-i-i-ce. :cool:

And I see that yellow (appropriately colored ? ;)) car must've broken, and had to be towed back from the top end. :D

15. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great stuff !!!