Register now to get rid of these ads!

Celebrity Hot Rods & Kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeatnikPirate, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Gromit

Gromit

Maybe not a custom.. but come on!!!!!

apparently it was his car...

Attached Files:

2. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Is it just me or does the graphic on the side of this car look like the Starship Enterprise...Cpatain's log, star date 1958...

3. Billy Gardell of "Mike & Molly" has a cool '56 Bel Air..

4. They were sold at B-J a couple of years ago. I don't remember for how much. Those "things" on the hood were ice cube trays and the tu-tone in the C-cove was actually suede leather inlayed into the cove.

Yep! It may be Barris and it may be history but it is certainly fuckin' cheap & ugly! Of course, that's just my opinion. :rolleyes:

5. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Jeff Beck does it all except upholstery, his wife does that.

6. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Because of how fast he goes!

7. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

agreed waddayacare. I cannot stand those mustangs.

8. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

That thing was in Denver for at least 20 years at a music store called Strings & Things, it's now a resturaunt, and I think the same guy still owns it.
    Jimmy Bryant is (was?) however, still bad ass!

9. this was Deweys other car

[​IMG]

10. Gromit

Gromit

11. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Richard Carpenter has one of the finest car collections of any celebrity, probably second to Jay Leno only.

Eric Clapton likes old cars? I didn't know that...it's really interesting because that makes him have one thing in common with Jeff Beck. If Jeff Beck would start wearing Armani suits and hanging around designer parades, then they would have two things in common. Gosh.

12. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

There's also a Barris built 'Zebra' Mustang for Frank Sinatra around 1965..... You've probably never seen it or heard of it for a reason. A google image search will produce pictures. Don't hurt your eyes.

13. Gromit

Gromit

Sinatra's???

NO WAY!!!! I remember seeing this.... car... as the "Chief's" car on Get Smart.. now I know what it .. er.. was.

Attached Files:

14. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Attached Files:

15. It isn't her's.....but it's an interesting picture.

Attached Files:

16. 36rustrod

36rustrod

17. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I think this sold at Barrett a few years ago.

Attached Files:

18. msalamanca

msalamanca

I know it's not customs, but Eddie has or had a thing for VW buses (pre 67 of course)
    I worked at a VW shop and one show for OCTO, Eddie came with a suit case of cash and bought a VW Bus. He has us help him choose which one to buy.

19. If there was ever a celebrity associated with a car...it's gotta be this one....!!!!

Attached Files:

20. Zaq

Zaq

I heard Johnny Cash had a 49' 50' 51' 52' 53' 54' 55' 56' 57' 58' 59' 60' 61'62'63'64'65'66'67'68'69'70 automobile.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

My dentist (a real car guy) told me that when he was in college, he was employed by Reggie Jackson as one of the people who took care of his classic car collection.

He said that Reggie Jackson was the worst human being that he had ever met, to this day. Just flat-out rotten.

He said when he heard that the entire collection had burned in a fire, for a split second he smiled a bit.

22. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Yeah, money kinda makes it easy!

23. dockellisdaughter

dockellisdaughter
    from las vegas

Someone stole Dock Ellis car, I am his daughter and it saddens me that someone could do this. The car was taken while was on his death bed and this person was working on the car. When Dock passed away he disappeared with the car. This was someone Dock was trying to help, he was once a inmate at Maranota Prison (Hispanic) if you have seen the car or know anything PLEASE HELP...... please please call me if you have info 7026123884

Attached Files: