Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Our club plaque... since 1974. Sorry it's not bigger or clearer. It is an old glass top gas pump next to a early Ford panel truck with "Portsmouth Street Rod Association" and "Established 1974" at the bottom. We settled on a panel truck as nobody in the club had one at the time.
    DSC01882.jpg

2. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Here is one from my old club in Omaha. I didn't see it on the Obrien Truckers website. Gary road burner.jpg

3. Yep, we've done three runs of those Road Burners in 2006, 2009 ans 2013. The reason you don't find it with our search engine is because that only searches thru the 12,000 patterns we have from Speed Gems and Chicago Metal Craft that were made in the 1950/60's. When we acquired those patterns be received no paperwork or information and we will make plaques for people who want us to, that is unless we know that the club is still active or has been reactivated. Here is the link to search the 12,000 traditional patterns by name, city, state or logo. Read the FAQ's and then have fun - and don't blame me because your productivity goes in the crapper:)

The search engine does not search the 3,000+ patterns for the 130,000 plaques that we have made since 1978 because we consider those "current clubs" and do not make/sell them for just anyone that calls - they are reserved for the clubs that had them made. So if you're looking to reorder plaques for your club and you think they may have been made or reproduced in the last 36 years, just give us a call and we can look it up for you.

Hope that helps,
    Dennis O'Brien

4. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Thanks for the information. Truly amazing. I may have to order some plaques. Gary

5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Let me apologize ahead of time if someone else has submitted some of these plaques since I did not take the time to read all 38 pages. There are a lot more former clubs from the Wenatchee Washington area that I know had plaques made. There is a another HAMB member from the valley that has all or most of the plaques from the older clubs. Maybe he will see this and be inspired to share some of them with us. Bill if you see this and want to post some let me know I would be happy to help post them.

TNGA Sam.JPG
    This plaque was just cast by O'Brien Truckers last year. It is a new design that I dreamed up and the finalized artwork was done by Gary Countryman. We are a small but very active club that meets weekly.
    WVSR Current Sam.JPG
    This one is for a club that was very active until about two years ago. We meet infrequently now but still remain in contact with each other.
    WVSR.JPG
    A more elaborate painting of the same plaque.It now is on display at a local restaurant that caters to the local car enthusiasts.
    WVSR Original Sam.JPG
    The original WVSR club plaque. Apples are the main crop in our valley and the rod run the club put on each summer for 36 years was called the Apple Run. The plaque was left blank in the middle and each of us could add whatever we wanted to it. Me being a 40 nut I applied one of my favorite emblems.
    WVC Sam.JPG
    The Wenatchee Valley Cruisers is a very large club in the Valley. It seems like most everyone belongs to this club even though they may belong to smaller clubs also. John and Teresa do a great job of keeping us informed of car events in the area and plan several group trips each year.

6. Colville

Colville

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418098589.623949.jpg

Here is our club plaque. We are a very new club, you'll find us on the open road cruising our traditional pre '64 automobiles daily or on long road trips. The experience is what it's about, with people you know and trust as your brothers. No chapters, just the open road.

WAYFARERS CC

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

coast40 likes this.
  7. I also didn't read all 38 pages to see if someone else had submitted this one. I hadn't seen it 'till a cruise 2 months ago in Omaha Dodgecruise14plaque.jpg

rob lee likes this.
  8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

All four of these plaques plus three more are on the Wenatchee page on my website .....

The owner of this apple shaped plaque also was a Ford fan but I'm not sure what his emblem came off of .....

[​IMG]

9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Interesting ..... I looked at the list I keep and saw that the Turds plaque photo was posted on this thread in November of 2011 but it was on Page 39 at that time. Since your post is on Page 37 I wondered if the new and improved HAMB renumbered the pages. I looked at a few other entries on my list and see that at one time there were at least 52 pages on this thread. The other possibility is that some posts have been deleted. Who knows for sure?

The Turds plaque is now on Page 26 of this thread and it was posted by sololobo

dana barlow likes this.
  10. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

[​IMG]
    I would guess this plaque is Bill Cordell's since the emblem is from a 41 Ford pickup. Bill has been driving the same 39 Ford Pick up virtually unchanged for around 50 years. Seeing how nice this plaque looks it makes me want to clean mine up a little........

Thanks for your work in archiving club plaque history.

11. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Bump to see if anyone has new plaque photos that I can add to my site ...

12. i like this thread so much, thanks for that! i hope , someday we over here will have a cast iron club plaque on ourselves, the specialty is we're supposed to be the smallest CC with two members. the well known 'potatoe boys'. and for sure all of our buddies are 'potatoes by honor', it's nearly a dozen. i'll keep watchin', dude!

13. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

OUR OLD CLUB FROM THE 60s. user69509_pic36681_1230699359.jpg

14. brut4s

brut4s

2015-04-18 22.19.30.png
    ESTABLISHED 1957

D-Russ and flyin-t like this.
  15. plaque1.jpg

Any info on this plaque?

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

My best guess is that Saracins was mis-spelled on the plaque. I have a bunch of plaques on my site with Saracens and many were in the So. Calif. area .....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had to do a Google search to see what a Saracen was and this is what I found on Wikipedia .....

Saracen was a generic term for Muslims widely used among Christian writers in Europe during the later medieval era. The term's meaning evolved during its history. In the early centuries CE, Greek and Latin writings used this term to refer to the people who lived in desert areas in and near the Roman province of Arabia. They were distinguished as a people from others known as Arabs.[1][2] In Europe during the Early Medieval era, the term came to be associated with Arab tribes as well.[3] By the 12th century, "Saracen" had become synonymous with "Muslim" in Medieval Latin literature. Such expansion in the meaning of the term had begun centuries earlier among the Byzantine Romans, as evidenced in documents from the 8th century.[1][4][5] In the Western languages before the 16th century, "Saracen" was commonly used to refer to Muslim Arabs, and the words "Muslim" and "Islam" were generally not used (with a few isolated exceptions).[6]

TMI?

Peter Nowak likes this.
  17. Here are the Saracens I have 1950/60 patterns for:
    7642 Saracens Carpinteria
    22903 Saracens Chula Vista
    22895 Saracens Lovelock Nev
    7588 Saracens Riverside
    2016 Saracens Westchester
    8028 Saracens California
    22896 Saracens Northern Virginia
    8026 Sara-sans Bakersfield

I was told that it was also a "street slang" synonymous with "nomad" and I have 76 different Nomad, Nomads, No-Mad patterns.

18. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Hey Buckaroo! Don't be using those fancy words like "synonymous". This is a traditional site.

dana barlow likes this.
  19. mike bowling

mike bowling

DSCN0693.jpg I found this in a box of junk at the "Big-E" swap a few years ago and bought it for $15. bucks- I thought the coupe on it was cool as hell . Took it home, cleaned it up and did some research on it. Found out it was a club in the Conn./ RI. area. Went on an annual outing the next summer to Portsmouth RI to a car show and threw it into the Sedan. I was introduced to a kid who'd just joined this club and didn't have a plaque- Went back to my car, got the plate, and said" There ya go!" The kid was shell shocked and wanted to pay me for it. Told him not to worry about it; it belonged on a "rod", not in a box of crap.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

This Miami Florida,from early late 50s n 1960s,grill/plate an bumper,one bolt on back 8/32 x 3/8in. about centered behind the word SPORTS,5in. long. There a number of guys in this club an Road Rebles, Road Stain's n Rod Bender's,Some of the cut down's were both a hotrod an sports car at the same time. MiamiSportsCarClubBadge.jpg

21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Someone sent me the photo of this club plaque from Wenatchee (WA?) to add to my website and wondered if anyone had any info about this club .....

[​IMG]

22. 1954fordkustom

1954fordkustom

Looking for a road runners compton plaque. If anyone come across 1 please let me know.

23. :) Happy birthday, Bullet Nose! :cool:

24. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Danke

25. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

26. I have a Facebook page dedicated to Car Club Plaques. Check it out if you like. I will be going back through this thread and posting some of these pics. Enjoy!
    https://www.facebook.com/VCCPoftheUSA

27. This is my old car club plaque from Tacoma Wash. I'm pretty partial to it. Drags1.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.