Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Candia New Hampshire swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABONES, Apr 20, 2015.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

You can go to the Google and plug in the address and ask for directions from your house here.
    39 Donovan Rd, Candia, NH 03034
    (EDIT: I have been advised to get there from Rt 27, use 12 Donovan Rd in your GPS)

It tells me it is about 3 and a quarter hours from Ridgefield, Ct. @The37Kid

One hour from Boston (minus the hour it takes to get across or out of that city, I'm sure).
    Two hours +/- from Springfield, MA
    90 minutes from Portland, ME
    Two hours or less from Providence, RI
    Two and a quarter hours from Hartford, CT
    Three and a half +/- from Albany, NY
    Two and a half +/- from Burlington, VT
    Five and a half hours from Philadelphia, PA

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Missed the last one due to vacation. Will be there on the 26th.

3. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Yes, Candia swap is in its infancy but it has grown big time every month( ok i know, it poured one month). Very much looking forward to the next one. Selling stuff and making many trips to the coffee truck!

patmanta likes this.
  4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

So, should I send my wife to get some of this apparently delicious coffee while I watch the booth?

5. Let the wife watch the booth , you get the coffee.

wheeldog57 and patmanta like this.
  6. mike bowling

mike bowling

I am available for coffee runs during the entire morning, no charge. ( strictly in the interest of promoting good commerce on the field and at the truck). God Bless America!

wheeldog57, patmanta and ABONES like this.
  7. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Really? Why is that? ;)

I'm anxiously trying to keep track of the weather up there, here's the Monthly Forecast page for Candia, NH. Nothing meaningful for the 26th up there yet though. Check Sunday and there should be some guessing posted up there.

8. You might appreciate the scenery. She probably won't.

patmanta likes this.
  9. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Pat, even if you don't drink coffee, you should get a coffee.

10. Pete

Pete

Candia is the 26th this month. Who's going?

11. greener200

greener200

well I just map quested it and its only an hour an 44 minutes from me in Plymouth ,mass. . mmmmm the wheels are turning do you pay at the door to be a vender or do you have to register ? I have only been a vender one time at Fitchburg last year and I had a blast . good fun and good people . this is the first time I have seen this thread mp

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Show up with 30 bucks, and you're a small business owner in tax free New Hampshire. They'll direct you to a spot, then come around to collect. Very low key, and a great family and location. If the Lord's willing, I shall be there expecting to spend lots of money on things I have no use for ( it's part of the disease)

ABONES and patmanta like this.
  13. nh-gasgas

nh-gasgas

if you are using MapQuest, Google maps or GPS... The maps are wrong, Donovan RD is not a through road and it's only accessible form the Rt 27 side.

14. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Google Maps is calling that 12 Donovan Rd. The street view shows it as being a gravel road right by #669 on 27.

Guys, is this the right place to go?

Donovan_RD.jpg

15. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I'll be up there!

patmanta likes this.
  16. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Yea Pat, its a small dirt road off of RT27. It looks more like a driveway. They put signs out in the morning

patmanta likes this.
  17. If you paid for a space in June you DO NOT have to pay again in July. This was told to me by Keith Blevens.

18. pitman

pitman

The grapevine tells of a fine '32 3-w body to be sold on the 26th.
    I'm due for a cup of good Joe too!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    patmanta and ABONES like this.
  19. greener200

greener200

I,m makin the trip with all Ford flathead V8 parts .Got my 16 year ol son comin along . told him to leave the smart phone at home .course I might need it if I can,t find th place !. some stuff I,m bringing,, 40 rear fenders ,35-7 woody rear fender ,bunch of 49 -53 shoebox stuff 36 front bumber w/irons.41 truck stuff..y block intakes an carbs . and a couple dozen of "THE DONUT KING" donuts(in Quincy,Mass) free of charge ,just for stoppin by ! .

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  20. mike bowling

mike bowling

Isn't that the road to the Firefly family's house?? ( Sherri Moon Zombie in "daisy dukes"- YESSSSS!)Counting the days/ watching the weather. I don't even care about the weather, I need a fix!

patmanta likes this.
  21. I'll be there. Hoping for good weather!

22. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

YUP! I will be there. Model a, 57 chevy, and small chevy stuff for sale. Look for 57 chevy in avatar

23. I will be bringing some of my stuff there I think. 40 ford cowl, front fenders for 30 model a, full 30 driver side apron with rear fender including tail light, and more!

patmanta likes this.
  24. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I just picked up a fresh load: Instrument panels I haven't ID'd yet, a nice long piece of 62 Falcon coupe trim, a couple core heaters, and a bunch of what I think is 1928 ish Chevy 4 banger valvetrain parts, to go along with all the other stuff I had at Fitchburg.

I'm leaving the 1917 Dodge parts at home this time, but I'm bringing that vintage outboard everyone kept not buying but walking away from in agony!

25. Sounds like there is going to be a good turnout of vendors this time. I'll be there with a load. 40 -47 Ford cab and doors,tools, misc.

26. mike bowling

mike bowling

I'm hoping the Model A guys, Clyde and Elliot show up; last time I talked to Clyde he said yes. Watch out for people in maroon T- shirts, crazy Bubbas!

toreadorxlt likes this.
  27. Loaded and ready to go. Looking forward to getting coffee upon arrival! I'll be wearing my HAMB shirt. Selling 47 Ford truck cab and doors and some other stuff.

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

Truck loaded and ready to rock!! Up at 4 and off to the Farm. HAMB sign will be displayed on my truck. Dark green '95 Ford PU, with a big, bearded, ugly guy in dirty clothes in the vicinity ( if not on a shopping spree) ( or Java run!)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  29. I'll look for ya Mike.

30. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Loaded up and hitting the road. saw a jogger already so I guess I'm running late.
    Black RAM 1500. Bringing the vintage outboard; it's easy to spot. I think I have a HAMB sign in the truck too.