Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Candia New Hampshire swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABONES, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Who is going and are you going as a spectator or vendor? I will be there as a vendor.

2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'm not sure, I've got a bit much to do in the shop to be packing up and trying to vend again right now. That one's going to be Monthly, isn't it?

3. pitman

pitman

Last Sunday of each month Pat.
    Plan to be shopping for Tin! :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    cad-lasalle and patmanta like this.
  4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I've got a lot of tin at the moment. I only sold 3 things at Fitchburg, so I've got all that stuff still too so I might be wanting to come as a vendor if I can get my project far enough along to take the time.

ABONES likes this.

5. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I'll be there selling

6. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

We may shoot for next month. I'm not bringing as much if i do though, load/unload/load/unload was just a few things too much on my first adventure. Those 5' long Dodge fenders and the wood wheels were a pain and ate up the space I could have used for my lil red wagon.

Though if I decide I need to get out of the shop I may swing up to browse and get chatty.

Anybody know how big the spots are? I was pretty happy with the 20x20' arrangement at Fitchburg because I could just pull in and use my tailgate as a shelf.

7. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I too will be slinging but I don't have much left so. . . . I will be browsing too. Looking for 28-29 roadster windshield and stanchions and dropped beam axle too.

8. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Wanna buy some of mine? ;)

9. I'll be there as a spectator/buyer. Looking forward to it.

10. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Spectator and buyer

11. Just talked to Keith Blevens. Spaces are 20 x 20. 30 dollars per space. If you pay for the year its 25 dollars a month.

patmanta likes this.
  12. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Blind owl will not need brass knuckles.

13. Loaded up and ready to go. I'll be there at daybreak!

14. I was ther too Mike. I did very well. I thought it was a good turnout for the first event. I was in the 2 tone short bed chevy with the trailer. Where were you? I have a space reserved for next month. Hope this event takes off!

15. I was there from Connecticut. the Blevin brothers did a good job. the mushy field is not their fault. don't cry about the $ 30.00 fee for the space, be thankful that someone is picking up the slack. they made an investment in time and money for our sake as well as theirs. SUPPORT THEM. there was a decent amount of vendors for a first time event. several of the vendors stated that they did better today than they usually did at Amherst. they had decent clean port-a-potties, and a food truck too. if the meet grows as it should, they said they may bring in another food truck too.

100% Matt and ABONES like this.
  16. I made it for 6 am. I'll be back next month. Good weather for this time of the year. I want to support them for taking this on.

ABONES likes this.
  17. Keith Blevens also said there is plenty of room to expand. There is 60 acres there. Did here a few complaints. Don't know what people expect. I thought it went real well for a first time event. We just need to go every month and support these guys and make it grow.

18. Pete

Pete

Yup, what they said.
    I sold just about every "heavy" piece of iron I brought. I too did better at the new location than I usually do at Amherst.

The great thing about a new location is new vendors!

Valiant effort on the organizers for taking this on, not an easy task.

Pete

ABONES likes this.
  19. Good to hear the positive comments.
    If you didn't like it, got complaints............keep it to yourselves.
    At least these guys stepped up when we needed them to provide the place for us.

No one controls the weather. Wear dry warm boots and a jacket Buttercup!

ABONES likes this.
  20. Pete

Pete

I don't think mike was being negative.... Just stating the conditions.

patmanta likes this.
  21. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Me, my brother and a buddy went. I too thought it was great for a first shot. We need to remember that the Blevins brothers certainly did their part and provided a great venue, food and parking. The rest is up to us.

ABONES and TFoch like this.
  22. mike bowling

mike bowling

Thanks for the back-up , Pete ( Mustapha)....... I deleted my "controversial" post in which I was merely trying to let those that didn't make it know it was a cool farm , a nice family , and that they put a lot of time and effort into the event ( been there , done that; it ain't easy). Field conditions were OBVIOUSLY not their fault ( pinhead), I felt bad it was getting all F'd up. I'm a cheap prick, so the cost was mentioned. ( I just don't like SPENDING money, but you have to invest to reap the rewards .) Just my opinion , which, like my asshole I'm entitled to. Next time I'll remember my jacket and pink Uggs ( and be looking for YOU, honeybuns!). It WAS a good day , and I even got to see Ray. So everything's ok. Now I'll go away.----Achmed Roll-a-boneo , at the Oasis of Dancing Fools.

patmanta and ABONES like this.
  23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Was a great start of something big. I'm very glad to have been a part of it. Not much stuff left to sell but I am going to try next month. Spot #60 on the corner. Found more magazines to give away, some with boobs

patmanta likes this.
  24. You make a good point about the rest is up to us. Need to get the word out there and help them grow the event.

25. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I might load up the truck for next month. I sold 3 things at Fitchburg so I still have ALL OF IT :rolleyes:

26. 32 hudson

32 hudson

It seems to me that for a better word I will call them the professional monthly vendors who are not getting the word. I went to Fitchburg I heard many vendors say to each other what is next and where to go. So I would stop and mention Candia and say it was the next Sunday and even give then the address while they gave me the deer in the headlight look. I heard there was 2000 flyers printed and handed out at Fitchburg. I got one. But I do not think anyone specifically went to each vendor and gave them a flyer and asked them to come support the event. Now if some one had a list of past vendors from Amherst and Fitchburg with contact info they could be notified of the Candia swap meet.

I really would like to see Candia suceed.

27. Talked to Keith this morning. They rolled the field so it's nice and flat. All mowed and ready to go for next weekend. They're putting a lot of effort to make it better. Hope for a good crowd on Sunday May 31.

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

Count me in- and I got a couple of good guys that used to vend at Amherst coming. I hope this takes off; talk it up and let's make it happen!!

ABONES likes this.
  29. mike bowling

mike bowling

30. mike bowling

mike bowling

Heads up!!! Just got home from the Nostalgia Drags and the rumors are flying at the dragstrip about NO MORE CANDIA. ( funny coincidence because all the dates line up with the Drags swap!!))A guy told me HE heard the Blevens DSCN1926.JPG family were going to have to re-grade the field and add crushed stone to make it useable, and didn't want to invest any money in it ???? Sounds like B.S. after reading the post below.If you know ANYONE who planned to go, or MIGHT go, make sure you get the word out. I went to the swap at the dragstrip 2 weeks ago and if you want car wax or SBC chrome valve covers and toys, that's the place for you .If you're a Gearhead and like OLD stuff, follow me to Candia and let's get DIRTY. ------ This has been a public service announcement from "Roll-A-Bone Hot Rods"

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    pitman and ABONES like this.