Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical can anyone help broke down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomLincolnLady, Jul 27, 2014.

1. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

We just blew our waterpump in illiolopis il. 11 miles from decatur. 54 lincoln 317 y block any one close that can help???

2. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

3. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

We have a tow and it going to be kept inside a dealership tonight in Clinton Il. We need a water pump if anyone is close???

4. time to remove the pump and have yours rebuilt by local machine shop, the bearing and seal should be standard sizes. good luck!

5. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

we are told a ford pump will work one on the way guess we will find out

6. Caught a little ways from home, aren't you. :(

At least you're out of the weather. Sounds like you and Rob have got things under control. Good luck and Happy Trails! :D

7. Here's to hoping the best for ya, Good luck.
    -Pat

8. Back to the top. Good luck, hope you can locate a pump that will work for you.

9. Mac VP

Mac VP

Not sure on the 54Lincoln, but the 54 Ford pump was different than the 55-62 versions on the Y-block. I believe it may be the diameter of the impeller. Anyway, we have 3 or 4 of the 54 version (rebuilt) on the shelf.

10. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

11. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

The pump we got does not work

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  12. mtflat

mtflat

Hang in there - I once lost a waterpump on the truck in my avatar in Minonk, IL. Overnight from Sac Vintage, swapped it out in the motel parking lot and I was back on the road the following afternoon. It's the side ventures that make a road trip memorable. Good luck with it!

13. 29aah1

29aah1
    from Indiana

Rob, Deb Hope you can gat back on the road soon, TOO far from Flora to Help.
    Good Luck !
    Lee

KustomLincolnLady likes this.
  14. Well I am absolutely no help for you young lady but I will shoot you back to the top.
    make sure and let everyone know when you resolve your problem so that we can stop worrying about you.

KustomLincolnLady and Special Ed like this.
  15. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

here's a bump and Vanpelt's number 513-724-9485, If you haven't gotten ahold of them,, Tim Jones

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sorry to hear of your prob, Deb...I'm not much help way out here in ColoRODo, but hope you can get it fixed soon and on your way home...

R-

17. Mac VP

Mac VP

Talked to Deb this morning. After researching the pump I discovered that it's a somewhat unique 52-54 Lincoln 317 V8 only item. I did not have the pump. I did however find one OEM NOS Lincoln pump rebuild kit for it. Tried to reach Deb to let her know.....left a voice msg for her. No word back today so perhaps she found a complete pump somewhere.

18. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Hope it goes well...

19. deadbeat

deadbeat

BTT,Hope all is well there,,,,

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Talked to her this morning and they are back home, the Lincoln is still in Clinton.

The problem is solved but its just going to take a couple days to get the part. Seems that none of the suppliers would next day it.

They are coming back on Saturday to pick up the car.

21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Glad it's working out. Just a suggestion, when this is all over make sure you delete your phone numbers from the posts you did. You know, the net and all...........

Don

22. Don,
    Good advice.
    I too am glad that the problem is resolved. never ever fun to be broken on the road, I don't care what anyone says.

23. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Thanks everyone for your help and concern, was having so many phone calls, trying to hash out everything and working with the dealership to get our car bome, at one point we thought it might just be easier to move!!! Thanks for the update for everyone Jay. learned a lot that day. we pretty much knew that only Lincoln would fit it but some were telling us otherwise.
    Mac sorry I didn't get back to you just so much happened.
    here is what I posted on fb,

Finally after 3 hours I have all the details worked out . U-haul does not rent a trailer big enough to tow the Lincoln. We were able to locate some water pumps but none can be here before 2 days ( unbelievable) this wonderful dealerships that we were turned on to last night that has our car is giving us, not charging us, a car to drive home. They are having the part sent here and will fix the car ...as well as getting a hose made for the power steering pump that blew. They will make special arrangements with is on Saturday to return their car and pick up the Lincoln. We are at Baum Chevrolet in Clinton IL. I can't say enough about this place the owner and his son and grandson have all come over and talked to us and have treated us so wonderful we've been in their parking lot since 7:15 this morning and Corey the service guy who has been helping us is awesome he's been calling around for parts and trailers and trucks and everything for us all morning and they've been busy with other customers. If anyone close ever needs a chevy or buick this would be the place to come. Today was there 87th anniversary. The owner married a gal from Berne indiana from the ford dealership.!! He is a firecracker been married 66 years

24. Now that is cool.

25. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Glad to hear that you were able resolve the problems because of a first class dealership!
    All I ever hear are horror stories about dealerships, you found a dealer with class and a heart! They put people first. Doesn't it make you feel great inside?
    All the best to you!
    KK

26. Mac VP

Mac VP

Deb....glad to hear that you are getting help. I figured you might have your hands full. Still have the kit if it's needed after you get the car home. Good luck!

27. Sounds like you're not just dealing with Chevrolet guys, but you managed to find a place that's staffed with genuine Car Guys! And it can't hurt that the owner's got some Hoosier connections. Sounds like you've made a few new friends, too. :cool:

28. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

He must have married a moser or an eicher girl, thats my home town.
    That ford dealership, Moser motors, is 100 years old , they were selling model t's in 1914.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  29. Good to hear that it worked for ya.

Actually what you encountered with the Chevy dealership is pretty common with Chevy dealerships or more common that you would think. Good to hear that they treated you well, always good to hear a good report.