Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building my 63 Gasser!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63gasser, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 63gasser

63gasser

003 (2).JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG ok so it has been a long time, working on moving up to prescott AZ. so the rambler is in storage till second week in jan. then it goes to prescott hot rods for some work to be done. i just put together a weiand tunnel ram with dual edelbrock carbs and volocity stacks for her...im having a problem puting pics on to show them.

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Looks like the pics came up fine. At least I can see them.

3. 63gasser

63gasser

cool i tried last night but nothing was showing up

4. 63gasser

63gasser

well i got the dual quads on the motor yesterday. today i made a panel to cover where the heater used to go. will work as a good spot to mount the fuel regulator and coil and the MSD Digital 6AL box.

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      129.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      134.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      130.5 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      125.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      157.7 KB
      Views:
  5. 63gasser

63gasser

The headers are also finished picked up a pair of vintage cyclone headers that where made for a 55 chevy. Split the top of the header pipe from the collector lifted the pipes up and re-welded them back together. The headers have never been ran on a car. i paid 500.00 for them

Attached Files:

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I am still wild about the "RUMBLIN' RAMBLER"! Frame & axle install are slick...9" rear, with bars.
    Clean construction, has that "Gotcha!" factor... Think of it rumbling past the bystanders in the build up area...(them with Pit Passes) "Wow...Lookit that!"

I'm thinkin' a 'street driven gasser' with no top are the best cross of a gasser and an open air roadster.

...or just drive a Corvair...

7. 63gasser

63gasser

Thanks mike after a long time away from the build i am back on track!

can't wait to take her to the car shows with the top down enjoying the nice summer air and the loud pipes roaring.

8. palepainter

palepainter

I have truly enjoyed the uniqueness of this build. I can not believe the level of backlash you have received during the process of this killer car.
    I am in the planning phase of building a street gasser style Falcon, really am apprehensive posting anything here because I love this forum for the information and tech help. But can certainly do with out the hostilities.

Glad to see this back on track. Now, don't you dare paint it flat black and put red rims on it. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  9. 63gasser

63gasser

no i will not paint them rod or flat black and hostilities i take them as love lol!!!!!

10. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

I see a car I'd like to pull up next to at a stoplight. That thing is pretty rad looking, the body lines lend itself well to your build. It doesn't look forced... Man-O-Man, Make it run hard. That thing will be a big stupid grin when you slap it wide open. That's where its at!

11. 63gasser

63gasser

she does have the right look well the look that is "different"