Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Build It Yourself Engine Cradle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidfe, Feb 17, 2008.

1. davidfe

davidfe
    from Illinois

Build It Yourself Engine Cradle
    Spending a fairly cold windy day indoors. Found these and though they might be enjoyed by others.
    [​IMG]
    Cover
    [​IMG]
    Page 1 of 2

[​IMG]
    Page 2 of 2

I have built a couple similar to these. I used scrap tubing that I was able to pick up during my various dumpster diving trips.

I prefer to not use casters. Instead, I use a two wheel cart and just put them out of the way.

Hope someone will find this useful.

2. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

HA HA, I like the caption in the last Photo. Thats what I would do !!!

3. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Right click...save!

Thanks for the info...

4. That's weird, I have a small block mopar w/trans that was in the way so I just built one of these. What a coincidence.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. nice man , i would have scraped my address off before scanning though..

6. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I built one about 15 years ago to store a motor I was hanging onto and make it more portable. Enclosed are a couple of pictures of it. All I used was an 8' long 4"x4", 8 - 9-10" long nuts and bolts, 16 - 4.5" long nuts and bolts, and 4 350lb capacity casters. Went together pretty simply, and the only modification I had to make was the little dimple for the dipstick tube bumpout on a small block Chevy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. i built one of those only to be accused of being "ghetto" for using a old street sign post. somehow i did end up with the metal version, it was attached to a 350 i was storing 20 years ago and was never claimed!

8. i have made a shit load of them, maybe 15-20. i think most of them disappeared while i was involved with some racing in the 80's

9. duffman

duffman

Is it me or is that a can of Budweiser in the 4th picture? Plowboy is that you?

10. HOTRODSURFER

HOTRODSURFER
    from HATBORO,PA

i was thinking about making one to set my spare flathead on and slide it under my work bench -thanks