Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick guys: got a wiring diagram? (1956)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas Giant, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 1956 Buick Special. Tried to find one on my own using the Net and apparently they are either hard to find or I am retarded. Either is equally likely at this point.

Since most of the wiring in my car is there but disconnected, I could really use a wiring diagram to sort it all out. You know, so I don't accidently start an electrical fire. Anybody out there in HAMBland have anything they could email me or something? Or have any advice on where to buy one?

As always, thanks in advance.

2. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I've got one, give me a minute to get it scanned for ya.

3. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Jon,

Awesome! Thanks. Send it to [email protected] instead of the email in my profile; I rarely check that old one anymore.

Again, I really really appreciate it!

4. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Hey buckeye, Yer a swell guy! :) Why not post that puppy on this thread for any other poor souls searchin for it too?

If I can help with any 55 diagrams, just let me know.

5. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Here, I managed to dig one up. For future reference:

[​IMG]

6. keikonator

keikonator

does anyone know if this will work for a 54 roadmaster? I just picked up a roadmaster, but is not starting. the lights work. antennae works as well. but it might be wiring issue. but dont have a wiring diagram for 54. anyone know if there are a lot of differences between 54 and 56?

7. Does any one have one for a 1956 buick special? Please blow it up so I can see it if you do.I don't know if the other owner hooked up the regulator and generator right. Thanks Bruce

8. ptj 1943

ptj 1943

How To Wire Your Hotrod gives the basic wireing for GM autos.
    streetrodwireing.com
    ynzyesterdaysparts.com

9. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Bruce,

I posted it years ago, but the wiring diagram I posted I used on my '56 Special when I had one. You can probably right click on the one I posted and save it to you computer, and you should be able to zoom in on it then.

10. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Pull that little blue-green wire from the starter relay if it is there. See if charges then. The starter relay is used to keep the starter from engaging or staying engaged when the generator is charging. You might have to ground the terminal where the blue green was disconnected on starter relay to start car.

11. Sometimes public libraries have old factory manuals that are reference only, they don't get lent out. So give that a try. My library still has books I've made copies out of 35 years ago.

Bob

12. Kool! Is there a thread for old wiring diagrams? If not we should start one. I have a few to post:rolleyes:

13. tommy b

tommy b
    from Golden, CO

14. Thanks Guys Bruce.

15. I picked up an 11 x 17 color laminated wiring diagram for a 48 Studebaker from ClassicCarWiring (I think) on EBay. Just looked and they have them for a 56 Buick. Nice to have them laminated so they don't get all greasy while you're working on it.

16. roughneck424

roughneck424

Lots on info here
    http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/