Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bought 40 Ford cpe w/Desoto hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Wmbg2011a.jpg Wmbg2011b.jpg I forgot. Here are a few pics of the cpe at the Williamsburg Rod Run... first trip for the 40 hemi coupe in 47 years!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. The ole' coupe looks great Al!

3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Happy Day! I just finished the installation of the passenger side front shock. Hope to get wheels back on later today and go on test drive. YEA!!
    Happy and tired Al

4. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I forgot to share a tech tip I discovered while trying to get the back half of my micro bushings in my front shackles. After the front half is fully seated, I greased up the axle and spring with white lithium grease as well as both bushings. I centered the bushings on the shackle bolt and used a 6" c-clamp with two big thick washers centered over the end of the bushing. I used the c-clamp to get each bushing started enough that I could put a washer with a nut on the end and gradually tighten the nut until the bushing was fully seated.. working the axle up and down some while doing it to minimize the risk of binding. After doing each bushing, I put the end plate on after slightly enlarging the outer edges of the shackle bolt holes on the plate and greased that up, too, along with the bolts. Used jack to work axle up and down until managed to get plate on the shackle bolts. Added lock nuts and then last bolt that reenforces the shackle shaft that holds the end of the shock.
    It worked for me! I hope it helps you one day!
    Al

kidcampbell71 likes this.