Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Kidding Buddy,kidding.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. sch-1

sch-1

"You don't happen to drive a black 56 Chevy with the big tires on the wrong end do you now...?;)"
    What?

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

You just act an awful lot like a guy who got himself thrown off here last year....Nobody misses him.

4. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Not a ton of progress through the week because of the work schedule but getting something done feels better than nothing. The body had/has some stress cracks in it so began to weld some of these up and got some of the patch panels ready to go on to replace some rotted out areas. Parts keep showing up at the door step now just have to make sure they make it to the car and not sit around and collect dust.

Attached Files:

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

That body you got looks pretty nice!:)
    You're making me all antsy to get to work on my A,but unfortunately it's gotta wait til the Shaker is ready for the Meltdown,then I can get down to business!:)
    Keep posting pics of the A as you go,and if you go with Hemi power I have some heads for you.....like 5 pairs...lol

Scott

6. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Big E...post your inspiration.

colbyw likes this.
  7. When dad originally built our 56, he cut the fire wall out of it in 1961, it was only a 5 year old car, and he called it a late model, because his original plan was to build a '39 Chevy Coupe. Like the Mustang Scott spoke of, the '68 Camaro, that replaced our '56 was a then new car, that had been wrecked. Our Yesterdays Child 56, was raced in D/Gas beginning in 1969-60 (3-4years old then), and won the Winternationals D/G class in 61 & 62 & E/G in 64 at less than 10 years old.

saltflats likes this.
  8. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Here is an inspiration picture for what im going for.

Attached Files:

AHotRod, 9sectruck and Dog_Patch like this.
  9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Oh hell yeah!:)

10. My pants are tight!

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

I just can't bring myself to put fenders on mine,ditch the HydroStick,and lose the blower too....It's all been part of the plan since I was about ten years old...Maybe I just need to sell it to somebody and find a fastback shell and start building a stroked FE....?

I'm so conflicted!!! Lol!

Scott

91whitestang and II FUNNY like this.
  12. Scott,
    Here's the thing. We are in a brief window in time where hitting this SEG thing will work. Slide the window back 10 years or forward 10, then who knows. The time for grabbing unblown gears is now. Not everyone is in the right place to hit this now. For those who are, hammer down :).
    Tony

13. Ya Scott, what Patch said, otherwise, you gotta wait another 40-50 year cycle!

Mtn Goat and II FUNNY like this.
  14. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I don't know this cycle might stick around awhile?? Looks as though this is what people wanna get back to, I know one thing for sure if pro street comes back I'm NOT getting on that train, lol can't imagine the grape with 33's hanging off the back lmao....

powrshftr likes this.
  15. haha history repeats itself....pro street and tweed interiors will be back in style

16. powrshftr

powrshftr

Fuck that.lol!

I never wanna see 33" steamroller tires on a 300hp car again as long as I live.

Scott

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  17. Yep, nothing like a 9 second looking car that run mid 14's.

18. I hope not. o_O HRP

19. Teal paint jobs and neon graphics!

20. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Getting some new panels in

Attached Files:

II FUNNY, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  21. What engine you gonna run in yours? By the way, I prefer fenders on A's & B's! Gives them some nice curves, just like my favorite ladies. ;)

22. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

It will be getting a small block ford for the power plant to make this little a fly!

23. 8.200/9.200/9.500 deck engine?

24. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Me likey:)

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

289/302's really work well in a light car like an A.
    Give it a good set of heads to breathe through,and get ready to bend the needle on your tach!:D

Scott

91whitestang likes this.
  27. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Thats what im hoping for, these other guys got some crazy e.t.'s in mind if im going to hang with them.

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just build it like you were building a fast 5.0 carbureted car and you will be fine:decent cam that works with a good set of heads,lots of carb,and a bit of stroke,and you'll be making that A jump.:)

Have you got any details on the engine yet,or are you still tracking down parts?
    Cause I might know where there's a set of heads that would make that car a giant killer;)

Scott

29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I got a little work done...and removed a lot of the street only stuff that I won't be needing. I still have to take out the rest of the roll bar and get rid of some the bracing that I over engineered when I built the car. Only a few things in this pile of parts is going back in.

I have a lot of grinding and cutting ahead of me before it starts going back together...stay tuned.

Attached Files:

91whitestang, beebee78 and Dog_Patch like this.