Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Well my crank showed up about a month ago and iJust got word my rods and pistons will be here in a few weeks. Also got word the heads supposed to be here in 2 weeks also. If all comes through engine will be going up to the machine shop in 3 weeks. I have been working on the car got rear patch panels in hoop, halo, front down bars and rear bars all welded in. Also cut about 30 pounds of sheet metal out around the roof. I will post more pics soon if parts show up this thing will be kicking in high gear for sure.

Attached Files:

2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Good to hear I know you have been waiting for a long time.

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I read once that the seamless frames only came on the convertibles and fuel injected cars...

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

This one was a no option6 cylinder 150

5. Haven't had time to post updates on the 55 the thrash is on to get this thing ready for Greer. Got a LOT of work to get done as long as I don't have any hick ups with the motor I should be able to pull it off might just look a little rough. Updates are rear suspention all welded up just needs to be pulled apart and painted. Drivers seat is mounted. Working on tilting the front clip. Heads,cams,rockers,rods,pistons,and a bunch of other engine parts are in my possesion. Hope to have the motor up to the engine builder in a few weeks.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, beebee78 and 5 others like this.
  6. Ric did a great job on the rods and pistons. Them pistons are a work of art for sure thought about ordering one spare to put on my coffee table. Thanks again Ric

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, beebee78 and 4 others like this.
  7. Wowza! :) Nice ! Any idea what compression ?

8. Ric said compression would be around 14.5:1

Pufff and powrshftr like this.
  9. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

I've been slacking pretty bad on my car, i know if you dont work on it, its not going to build itself. So heres a quick update on the model a on whats been happening/not happening. I've got the frame all boxed in and welded up, still have to put supports in and and crossmembers and such but the frame is there and together. Had our guy bend me up some tubing for the cage so that will be on the agenda coming soon once frame is about complete. Got some drip rail moldings on but not exactly happy with the looks of them so probably going to take them off and have a local guy make me a set of his. I've been buying parts when i rounded up enough money and looking at basically making this a roller here pretty quick. Got the 9" housing, transmission with a bunch of spare gears, shifter(s), wheels, engine block, bellhousing, and a few other small things. Big E

Attached Files:

10. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Some pics of the boxed frame.

Attached Files:

11. Some assembly required :D looks like a model kit. Where did you get the boxing plates? How thick are they?

beebee78 likes this.
  12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I think I have my front suspension figured out...I've never used this style front suspension, so I have been asking questions and reading everything I can find on the subject. I had planned on doing it just like Pannetons Yesterday's chili, but it wouldn't work, so I went with speedways brackets.

13. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Looks like y'all can all make the Union race sept 5 if you bust ass! ;)

14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

As long as that's 9-5-16

15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

image.jpg image.jpg I cut the passenger rear quarter section off, and have the new replacement panel back on....I still need to finish it up, but I ran out of time tonight.

16. Should have put a piano hinge on that - easy access :D Just kidding! Looking good!

II FUNNY and sonic03bluegt like this.
  17. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Time for more updates, i know a certain ford that better be getting plenty of love if its gonna make it to greer in two months!

Quain Stott likes this.
  18. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg Grapes getting a new ratio !!

19. Wish I could say there was more visible progress but this is all I got. Front clip is attached and working still gotta put stops on it. Been working on little time consuming crap like stuff to attach the tin to in the rear. It's not a for sure done deal that I will make it but I sure am gonna give it a try. The chassis will be done engine is still the hold up working on intake and headers now then it can go to the builder.

Attached Files:

Pufff, Dog_Patch, beebee78 and 5 others like this.
  20. That nose hinge looks really sano Jeff.

21. YA! get rid of those little candy bitch freeway gears!

beebee78 likes this.
  22. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Hope this works out....... If so then thinkin about building a stronger unit this............ Don't wanna say it yet but winter !!

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

To me it looks like a rear end with a crutch.

24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I'm not sure what Art did to you, but every time he posts you come back with something DICKish!

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Didn't mean to sound DICKish Just jealous that I don't have my chevy II any more.

beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  26. Got the pedals figured out. Ended up using the stock pedals just cut them all up to shave as much weight as I could off them. Made the bushings for the steering colum so the quick release steering hub isnt as noticable. Built the steering colum and welded it all in next on to finishing the drag link and steering arm. Hope to have header flanges next week so I can get them built before it goes to the engine builder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Pufff, Dog_Patch, 9sectruck and 2 others like this.
  27. Pedals ended up working out perfect with the dash bar. Drilled a hole and slid the bar through the stock bracket so it's nice and strong but still pretty light.

Attached Files:

28. You gonna have to remove the master cyl., to get the left valve cover off?

29. Yes I will have to move the master cylinder to get the valve cover off. A friend of mine has a 65 plymouth with a hemi in it and he just runs braided line up to the master cylinder so that way when he takes his valve cover off he can just pull the 2 bolts and slide it off to the side without having to take the lines off and re bleed the system. Seems to work really good for him so I'm gonna do the same thing.

Pufff and OahuEli like this.
  30. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Would the clutch brake set up like I make not work. The master cylinder would be under the floorpan. I wouldn't change it now tho, what you have will work fine.

Panneton Bros. Racing likes this.