Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. 9sectruck

9sectruck

I'm with Ric on the wheels, think the 5 spokes that you've already got look the bollocks.:D

2. What about these with Candy green in the spoke recess? Cragar.jpg

beebee78, enloe and powrshftr like this.
  3. powrshftr

powrshftr

I have to admit,those cragars will make damn near anything look hot as hell!
    They just look a little more hardcore racer than Keystones.

I know Sox & Martin ran keystones,but those cragars just look bitchen with a nice paint job,as Ric stated.:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

What Ric said!!!!!!!!:D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 56 Ebay add.jpg 56 & Boys 056.jpg 56 & Boys 090.jpg 56 & Boys 078.jpg DSC00617.JPG 56 & Boys 059.jpg Kip, I looked into getting our old Cragar's from the '56 chromed. Its very expensive out here, they have to cut the wheel apart, because inside is cast, and the outside is steel, and they both use different recipe's for chroming. If your interested in a trade, I can have them powder coated like chrome, or any other color. Here is a pic of them on the car in the ebay add photo when we found the car. The pic of our 15 x 8 Radirs is to show one of the powder coat colors available. someone had shot peened these Radirs, and they had a very rought texture, so we powder coated instead of polished. 9Sectruck, do they look familiar?

6. 9sectruck

9sectruck

I better check in my garage, think somebody ran off with my wheels...............o_O

55belairx2 likes this.
  7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Wow.lol

8. Sorry Rick Kips front wheels are spoken for they are already on my car :D

II FUNNY likes this.
  9. I had a sneaking suspicion after seeing the same wheel in some of your mock up pics. Wanna trade them for the Keystones, I got some off a low rider over the weekend. :)

II FUNNY likes this.
  10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

My 55 chevy came with keystones on the rear when I got the car and shortly after it got home it had cragers.

Ric are those Q jets on your ride?

11. Kip - I'm in the exact same spot - I bought the hydraulic QT bell housing but the RAM guy that makes the SEG clutches does a manual deal and he has the setup all figured out for manual. So now I'm going to make my housing a mechanical bell housing. How did you decide on the window to cut out and how did you cut it? You just saved me some bucks !! :)

II FUNNY likes this.
  12. Yes they are Salty, we call that "The Octojet Ram"

13. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I used a CAD/CAM program to figure all that out...you have to know at what angle the pivot ball is, and what distance it is from the center mounting bore...or the X-Y measurements. I then just carried a line out to the distance the fork sticks off the pivot ball. Then I just measured a stock bellhousing opening and drilled four holes to make the square. I just connected the holes with a cutoff wheel...I made the opening a little bigger than stock, so if I was off on my precision scaled measurements I wouldn't have to redo it.

Attached Files:

14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I hope this doesn't make it seem too hard...it really wasn't...it is just alot of measuring so as to not junk it.

15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

If you haven't made your clutch linkage yet...Quain has a simple way to do it...I would get some rough idea of where your pedals need to be before you do the bellhousing...just in case you need to have one like mine. Its not in a stock clutchfork location.

16. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Here is the setup on Quains car...and the one on a Studebaker he was working on this fall...no Z bar needed. He just sets it up to pull the clutch fork instead. Quain said the clutch pedal to arm ratio should be 4:1 and the brake should be 5:1 from the center of the pivot point...he also said an 8" pedal length from the floor to the center of the pedal is comfortable for most people. So if your pivot point is two inches below the pan then you need to use 10" ÷ 4.

Attached Files:

Dog_Patch and powrshftr like this.
  17. Wow! Huge help to figuring this out. I would probably have to cut a mechanical housing up anyway. Good timing on this :) thanks!

powrshftr and II FUNNY like this.
  18. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

CRA-GARS!!!

powrshftr likes this.
  19. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

...besides, you'll never hear the end of it from Ric if you put the Keystunks, I mean Nostones on it!

powrshftr likes this.
  20. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

If you put some green on 'em, you could call 'em Blarneystones! :D

II FUNNY likes this.
  21. Kipstone wheels.gif
    As heavy as they are, I just simply call em "Stones". I always knew Kip was a cool dude, but giving us a 6-7 hundreths & half a mph back with his asphalt anchor wheel choice.., man you just cant buy friends like that!

II FUNNY likes this.
  22. Crickets ..... Maybe he is already committed to the Keystone Pipeline.

II FUNNY likes this.
  23. Yep Tony, cricketts & tumble weeds. Kip doesn't wanna hear from me anymore, especially now that he's got a busted bathroom scale, with a Keystone wheel imprint left in it. :) Better dial a little more clutch in Kip, gravity has a bit of a hold on those Starsky & Hutch wheels your a yearning for!

II FUNNY likes this.
  24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Nope...takes more than that to get rid of me. Eventually they will grow on ya.

Attached Files:

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Maybe a few 56's

Attached Files:

26. Kip, Jeff's Keystone Jedi mind tricks to get your five spokes may have worked on you, but parading Keystone clad 56's in front of me ain't working buddy.

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang is that wagon with the Cragers on it out front.

Ah what the hell go for it and just put some more H/P in it.

28. Yep, I saw that Cragar shod 57 out front too.., outta tell a guy someth'n right there.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

He probably got three and the hit.:p

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.