Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bonneville in the 1950's

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 24, 2014.

1. This short silent piece has probably been posted in the past but I don't recall seeing it. HRP

seatex, Dean Lowe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Thanx,I don't remember that one either.

3. Cool video, HRP. The push vehicles were the best part for me. Too bad it didn't have sound as that would have been extra-cool.:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Don,,I just did the old budon,budon sounds,and of course required 4 speed gear change sounds.....Waaah..chirp....waaah.....chirp....waaah...waaaaa.. icon_lol.gif HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. seatex

seatex

Damn, that was a great video! Thanks, HRP! jb

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Doubt there were many 4 speeds at this meet.

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Or any chirps..Cool video..

8. RichFox....My favorite make believe sounds are 4 speeds,but if you prefer 3 speeds that's OK by me,,I'm sure it's optional! icon_lol.gif HRP

9. Tough crowd!

Lets just attribute it all to a fertile imagination that knows no bounds.:D HRP

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My earliest Bonneville car was a 32 five window with a 270 GMC. Had a 2 speed as did lots of cars in the early days. Maybe if you were running an MG or some such when the video was made, it would have had a 4 speed. Not behind a flathead or Gimmy

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Rich Fox, I've been meaning to ask you for a bit. In the mid fifties there was a bright orange '40 standard coupe at Bonneville that Joe Barnett wrote about being involved with, and I have seen pictures of it in the backgrounds of several other shots. One of the owners was named Fox, any relation to you or your family?

13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Not me. I never got to Bonneville until 66. And first ran my own car in '78.

14. The yellow #2 T roadster was Ak Miller. Great to see action shots of it. Thanks for posting.

15. Rough life...deuce roadster for a push car????

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

559 Cal Neva coupe was really cool! Thanks for sharing!

17. I have this on the windshield of my 26 T and love all these clips (and pics) from the 50s, I would love to see my car there somewhere. Thanks Danny for posting.:) JW
    [​IMG]