Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonded title in tx

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cmz69, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Its funny how 'dead' people have been known to sign title transfer paperwork. So far Texas doesn't do that much research before transfering titles.

2. belair

belair

3. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

By the time you go to the hearing they already have allyour paperwork, the only question she asked was, how long will you take to fix it and maybe i will see it one day,then told me about her friends cars, the hearing part is a formality,,, I just don't see why you would go any other route, Bonded issue is a money maker and YOU do not set the amount of bond coverage the dmv does,, as in case of this $900.00 chevy , they wanted a 3000.00 bond, they don't care what condition they go buy some published guide they use. You can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink, For me , i will never bond again if i can title hear..

4. aldixie

aldixie

5. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

6. Biggest thing that sucks about bonded title's is the added expense and hassle. but like others have said....it'll become a normal title after a few years.

7. RyanAtom

RyanAtom

I know this is a necropost as my first post, but the bonded title is really easy to do. It's mainly just the cost involved cause a title recovery co. hits you up, and then the DMV charges tax against the surety bond amount, which is really effed up.

Had I known about the title hearing I would've done that. I still might just to get the clear blue title.

You can also get the bonded title if the car isnt running. You just file for 'no registration', only title. If the vehicle wasn't ever registered in your state then you might have to get a county sheriff to verify the VIN which is no big deal at all, but they only do it like once a month and it can be way out of your way.

Dont kill me for the reply, i just thought I could add some info

8. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

Don't know about the title hearing approach; however, if you go the bonded title go through Brian at Lawrence Auto Title as suggested by a few HAMBers here. He's a small business owner in TX. I wasn't really that hard or expensive. You just need to follow the steps, do the paperwork, pay a few fees (which are reasonable). In the end you get a bonded title.

9. spanners

spanners

Jeez, sometimes I'm glad I live in Oztralia. Ok, most of the time. If I dragged a car out of a paddock (field), built it into a register able unit all I would need is a receipt from the person I bought it from to get it regoed. Yes, I would have to get an engineer's report done on it but at least I would know I built it right. Even if I didn't get a receipt, I'd do a statutory declaration and that would do.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, old thread, but there is misinformation in it, about California. We have bonded titles here, too. They are only required when all state-issued paperwork is missing.

You can get a vehicle surety bond, with a few mouse clicks, and one easy payment. It's that easy.

$1 to $6000 is $100.
    $6001 to $25,000 is $15 per $1000.
    Above $25k, subject to underwriting.

All of these prices are single payment, for a 3-year bond (which is the full bond period).

There is no restriction on selling the vehicle, but the buyer has to maintain the bond status, for the remainder of the 3-year period. Once that is over, a unbranded title can be obtained.

You can get one for a non-operational vehicle, too.