Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomber seats, Hollywood Cross Speed Shop shameless self promotion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KCTA Chris, Apr 6, 2005.

1. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Ok, with the rash of replys about bomber seats, and a few of the folks at the Round-Up asking me so I'm showing off my goods...

A while back a buddy and I wanted to build some for the Speed Shop but didnt like the originals and thought we could do alot better than what was out there so we started making them. We took a B-17 syle seat and gave it a 20 deg. layback. Ours are worked in steel, its slower and harder but we felt alot stronger (but can make them in aluminum). Second was to incorperate a layback so its a little more comfy and fits the angle on most roadsters a little better. Also pulled the lower edge back so you can spread out and move in the things. Then we made a fixture to roll the edge around a heavy steel wire for more side support plus used a pullmax to emboss the back reveals. Each set comes with a lower board for upolstery. I get $450 for the pair for the HAMB guys. Less than my dealers are asking, and about half the price of the ebay guy.

Watch for pics in the next few days as we put a set in Grimlocks roadster.

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

hey,long time no see.where the FUCK have you been? :confused:

and how is your Rocket-powered ride coming along?

3. Holy Shit, do you have some dimensions?-MIKE:eek: :eek:

4. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Hey yorg- I been around some here and there, been a little busier than I thought, have a 9 month old son that keeps my time kinda divided. I decided to sell some of the stuff I been making so starting up this speed shop kinda killed whatever rocket/coupe time I had left (plus the $$$).

Good news is I got my priorities back and going again on the '34. paint should be finished in the next couple weeks and dying to get it done for the drags.

I'll post some updates.
    CS

5. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Yep I got dimensions:

The metal seat pan is 17.75 wide and 11.5 deep,
    The seat board,if you want to run it, is 17.75 x18.5 deep.
    Overal height is 20.25" with a 20 deg. layback.

We also have another version that is the same with the layback reduced to 10 deg. for guys with trucks who have far less room. Same price.

Im usually about 7 days from order to ship, we make them a group at a time.

Thanks

6. KCsledz

KCsledz

Where is the shop at? Just in case I ever have time to stop by.

7. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

We keep the merchandise and are working out of the back of Pete and Jake's Hot Rod shop in Peculiar.

Also making the parts in my garage and a buddies barn/shop. Just selling on the web, through dealers and shows for now.

8. KCsledz

KCsledz

It was nice to finally see the seats in person! And to talk with you for a couple of minutes.

GUYS - If ya haven't looked close at the pics you need to really nice stuff! They are even widened a bit so you can move your legs to hit the pedals!

Chris you need to put a pic up of the ones with the covers!

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I've had a set in my roadster for a few weeks now. Cool seats, comfortable and well made. The wire rolled edge is a really nice detail too. I've seen their operation for turning these out first hand...meticulous would be a very good word to discribe it.

10. raven

raven

I've ridden in Grim's roadster with these seats.
    Nice is an understatement.
    Quality beyond belief in this day and age.
    Hey Chris, Did you get more of the 'used' jackets in yet?
    I still want one.
    r