Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bitchin Products

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slammed 58 chevy, May 23, 2011.

1. kiwisteve

kiwisteve

Any update yet? Thanks,Steve.

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

no, i have been away at pueblo nsra show, i need to call and get a update

3. Red69Hoss

Red69Hoss

EMS Guy- I left a message for you with my phone number today. My wife ordered an air cleaner for me from Bitchin' about six weeks ago for Father's Day. Would sure like to get my present, one way or another... Thanks!

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

according to ron (owner) credit cards are not charged until the parts are shipped. So i assume you do not have a credit card charge?

Bitchin products is closed for the time being, ron the owner is 79 years old and is ready to retire completly. Bitchin prodcuts may reopen under new management. I will keep everyone informed of further details.

The ems guy

5. Any updates on Bitchin firewalls and sheet metal. Their website is down and no responses. Out of business?...Anyone?

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

bitchen is still closed, there may be some news this week , i will pass it on when i get it.

the ems guy

7. ems customer service

ems customer service

some new news is cooking, maybe next week it will be done and ready to serve on the hamb

8. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I bought front floorboard panels from them ....they sucked . I used them to patch a hole in the roof of my barn.

9. slammed 58 chevy

slammed 58 chevy

Thanks for agreeing with me on the quality and satisfaction!

10. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

Man I haven't heard of anyone using Bitchin' Products since the early 90's. I thought they were gone a long time ago.

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

from the news i have heard the deal to reopen bitchin products has failed.

12. mofoco1

mofoco1
    from clovis, ca

Is anyone still carrying the cast aluminum battery boxes from Bitchin' anyone maybe EMS? Thanks....Mo you can email directly if you [email protected]

13. olskool31coupe

olskool31coupe
    from Midwest

How 'bout the louvered aluminum underpanz kits that they offered. I used a Bitchin' firewall, rear tubs and floor section in my Pro Street '31 Ford Tudor back in the '90s and was very satisifed with the fit of the parts. The aluminum underpanz kit really dressed up the old ugly bottom side of Model A's, but my sedan had an A frame. . .wish I could find a kit for my '31 Coupe I'm working on now, but it has a Deuce frame. . .anyone know if any of these are still out there somewhere now that Bitchin' is gone?

Attached Files:

14. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Business op anybody?

15. Business op? Yep

I've know Ron for about 20 years from back when he used to exhibit at the Street Rod Nationals and Murry Hayward would bring his stuff and Van Emblom's from CA.

Well when I heard that Ron was retiring I got a hold of him and worked out a deal to buy the tooling for his 1932 cast aluminum firewall, Optima battery box and Olds/Cad 3/4 scale cast aluminum air cleaner with the plain, finned or flamed tops. The first skid of stuff arrived today so I guess it's time to give my buddies here on the HAMB the heads up that these three products will be back in production in a month or so. I won't have pricing until we've been thru a set of parts at the foundry to get the costs nailed down. But they will be available for 10% off for all HAMB Alliance members like all of our other products.

So you can spread the word that these three Bitchin Products products will be available in a month or so.

PS I have no insight into the sheetmetal side of Ron's business and it's future.

Happy Truckin'

Dennis

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I could certainly make some for you if you could provide a pattern. I believe I could make them in small enough sections to be shippable via Fed-Ex or UPS. PM me if you are interested.

17. ems customer service

ems customer service

the new news is the cast aluminum products line of battery boxes and air cleaners has been sold to

508-248-1555

Totally New Web Site www.obrientruckers.com

feel free to call them

the ems guy

18. ems customer service

ems customer service

Updated news:

The patterns and some of the important machinery has been sold to a person that will attempt to revive the product line, as told to me, not all products will be made again.

We plan to be a dealer for the new company

will keep everyone advised

the ems guy

19. Good deal Dennis, those were nice parts. I had the battery box in my Touring.

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

big news! we are starting to refill the shelves of our warehouse with bitchen products sheet metal, mostly 35-48 ford and chevy, we can supply the earlier years but it is special order. it is not on web site "emsautomotive.com" so ya need to call!

for special orders ask for bob #1 or bob #2

for regular orders ask for cornell

ems automotive 216-541-4585

21. So, did you guys end up with the company? Or someone else? Good either way.

22. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I bought some floor pans from Bitchin a while ago...they didn't fit worth beans. I know its not a perfect world, and some things need to be modified, but the fit was so bad I scrapped most of the pieces and made my own. Which is what I should have done in the first place. Just my $.02.

23. adam401

adam401

Alot of complaints about the quality of the sheet metal parts but not alot of perspective. I have a bitchen floor to go in my 34 coupe. It fits like shit but is workable. Im sure it was WAY cheaper than some of the hand made high quality patches for early Fords.

You can't complain that the lobster tasted rubbery if you bought it at McDonalds

24. ems customer service

ems customer service

i have little information or skill about 34 fords, other than there were differences in the bodies depending on where they were built ( ford outsourced the body work in those days)

our skill is in the 35 and newer

25. Jeff Hill has picked up all of bitchin's tools and patterns and has set up shop in Chino Valley,AZ

He and bitchin's old foreman John Lang have started making all of the things you need to fix that old hot rod. Give them a call for first rate service.

His contact info is:

ABSOLUTE SHEETMETAL order 928-420-1254 tech 928-420-6346

26. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I disagree....if the Lobster is bad then its bad, regardless of where you bought it.