Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bit o' fun.. T-Bucket in the Munsters.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Jimv

Jimv

ADAMS FAMILY- ADAMS FAMILY
    JimV

2. It's ADDAMS FAMILY and the druid princess rocks now that its been restored.....still aint no monkee mobile

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Holy Moly! This is quoted from the "Koach" page...

"The 289 Cobra was bored to 425 cid Built with Jahns high compression pistons, 10 chrome plated Stromberg carburators, an Isky cam, and had a set of Bobby Barr racing headers."

I had no idea you could bore out a 289 that far. I wonder if that was a combination of bore and stroke that got it to that point or strictly bore alone

4. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Sometimes when I am out in my Touring folks ask me if it is the Munster coach. To car people, it's not even close. But compared to egg-shaped sedans, well, maybe. Plus with the channeled body and setback firewall, I am half hanging out of the car myself so it must look kind of monsterish. LOL

Attached Files:

5. Couple things.
    The car used in the Rob Zombie video was the copy that George built a while back,NOT the original.

I took $8k cash with me to the Auction in Hollywood when the original Munster Coach was auctioned off from the Harrahs collection. I waited til it got to $7800,raised it to $8k,and it sat on my bid all the way to "going once...twice...thank you...$9000!" I was so bummed! That was the only car I wanted that was there. I think it finally went for $15k. Really don't know what I would have done with it. Wouldn't have made a very good daily driver,LOL....But I would have NEVER sold it!!!!

6. autobilly

autobilly

Not as hot as Mortisha Adams! ("She" steams in King Creole)

Great story Bad Bob.

7. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool thread dude!

8. oldsman71

oldsman71

this is cool there are a lot of smart people on here!!

9. Nearly anywhere else, the classic, fantasy, "choose a girl" question would be:

"Ginger or Mary Ann?"

On the HAMB it's:

"Morticia Addams or Lily Munster?"

At least somebody's not afraid to ask the tough questions!

10. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Going once...going twice... that sucks.

11. 33ghost

33ghost
    from Tennessee

An some where i read before said that only 6 or 8 of the carbs was really used. Also on the same site did ya look at the build up of the Drag-U-La? pretty cool also!

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanx alot guys, ya kept me up all night reading about all of this Munster stuff :).
    Iwas at that auction tha Bad Bob spoke of @ the Sheraton Universals parking structure. I think that it was 1981-83? I drug Bill Burke's nephew Phil there with me because there was supposed to be some Steve McQueen vehcles there as well. Bill & Steve were good friends.
    The Monkee Mobile was there, but not the one that Jeffries did, This was a camera car all sprayed with velvet to not pick the lights, same went for one of the Bat mobiles and the Green Hornets Black Beauty. The car from movie of the same name was there as well. Every one of those cars were a mess! All had the wrong wheels/tires and looked like cheap knock offs, I thought then,(boy I wish that I could have afforded to have bought just one especially the Monkeemobile). It went for something like $23k.
    A friends dad did buy one interesting car though, It was the Paul Revere and the Raiders Coach powered by 2 428 ponchos and even had a endura 1968 GTO car of the years bumper on it. He parked it front of his motel in Palm Springs, sold it a few years later to God knows who?????.

Coincidently, it was his son Mike who I used to cruise Valley and Whittier Bls with in his 57 Olds powered dual quad T-Bucket, and grab chow @ Bob's Whittier and Alhambra.That was 33yrs ago :-0!

13. Yeah Id kill for the monkee mobile...hey CK what the the hell you doin up at 5 am on a saturday?? must be gettin ready to hit a swapmeet like me today..how's the BROILER??

14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I have a soft spot for those Poncho's. I didn't really go to sleep till like 6 then was up @ 7:30 and out the door to the Bun N Burger for some grub.
    I was intriqued by this post. so I was locked into it.

I wish that there was a good swap meet today, none around here that I am aware of, besides that it's now 1:45pm and drizzily.

The Broiler is making head way, We had another meeting with the city, Jim and the Architects and we are making some changes to to their plans.

When the decission is reviewed by all parties, I'll let ya know what planning and all came up with. I can say that it will be a place that the Munster Coach,Dragula, Druid Princess and The Monkeemobile would be welcomed:D.

15. damn wouldnt that be a scene!!.thanks for the 411 on the broiler ,funny Im wearin my save the broiler today////

Attached Files:

16. Thanks 33ghost, Neat site. All those old TV Hotrods are still cool.

Cooter

17. Can't believe the Voxmobile hasn't showed up here yet. Originally built for Vox guitars and hot picker Jimmy Bryant but I don't know if it ever made any movie or TV appearances.

[​IMG]

18. I always had a thing for Mortisha.

19. da da da duh click click......na it had ta be lilly!

20. JReece

JReece

This is an awesome thread. I would wake up at 5:00 am everyday when my dad got up for work, just so I could watch it. I'm 26 now. I have the Munsters Theme Song as my ringtone.

21. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, this thread came back from the dead! Which is something Lily and Morticia would probably appreciate.

22. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

No one is building cool cars like these any more. :(

23. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal