Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware of Vincent Cassese Wayne NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rcranger, Aug 25, 2016.

1. The problem with paypal is large amounts of money is on hold for up to 20 days. I've had scams were they will send the money paypal and have a Shipper pick up the thing being sold. Then call paypal and say they never got the item. My wife called them and was told not to do by paypal. So only use PayPal for small Internet items.

2. I'm no big seller. I've had really good deals with buyers on here. Had one I refunded most of his money just to save him from possibly flaming me here. He got just what I had for sale and was given many pictures. But as said that happens these days. The other one I felt for a kid supposedly in college working on an old chevy pickup. I had an outside peep mirror. Only one I had ever touched. He wanted it and said he would send funds. I was shipping something else and shipped him the mirror. He knows who he is and someday karma will get him. Other than those the HAMB sales are smooth as silk. Do my best to check here before eBay! My advice is just move on and enjoy buying and selling the car parts.

3. donno21

donno21

#1, New Jersey, #2 PayPal, #3, (my rule) CIF.

4. So I get it.
    You gave up $500 to help the guy.
    You gave him parts to help him.
    Then he stabbed you for $500.

Shouldn't have gone down that way but it could have been worse you know. Hopefully it's done and doesn't get worse

5. LostBoy

LostBoy

At least he didn't try to trade you some old swank mags and a craftsman lawn mower for the balance. Just saying. Being from jersey and hating this hell hole, that's what I would have expected.

6. FlatJan

FlatJan

that's no good. I would also go to the police and sue that guy.
    btw I always do pay with PayPal. Ok I don't like it but its nearly the only easy way for me to pay quickly. Bought a lot of stuff here and always worked out for both of us. In most cases I even ate the fees. Btw i bought from a professional old car dealer in NZ a model a tub and sent a deposit of $1k by pp.
    never got the car nor the money back. 4-5 years ago d eposits were not protected by buyers protection...

man when i think of it still would like to see his shop burn down

7. "Checks clearing" can get tricky too. A friend of mine fell for a really interesting scam involving cars which would take too long to type. The gist is that for a large check most banks will clear after 5 business days, 2 for a smaller check. This 2-5 day hold is just your bank's protocol, it's just a courtesy to the customer and has nothing to do with any funds actually moving. Turns out that any check can still bounce after 20 or 30 days if there is a problem on the other end, despite your bank "clearing" funds to you, in which case funds that might have "cleared" two weeks ago might be removed from your account by your own bank 2 weeks later. My friend lost $10,000 and is still dealing with FBI years later to try to get it back.

I make furniture for wealthy people for a living, a lot of them are lawyers or finance people. I don't trust these MFers farther than I can through them, so whenever they write me a check, if it's possible, I go to a branch of their bank and cash it immediately, sometimes If the amount is large I have to make an appointment with the manager, but I do it. I can't tell you how often the funds aren't there, and how much time it would have taken to sort out if I had just deposited it. It's always "Oh I forgot to transfer money from my stock portfolio or 401k, my son's water polo lessons emptied my auxiliary checking account, sorry...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016