Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 50 years of "Playing ON the Freeway"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoHighwayman, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadams

shadams

Awesome man, cant wait.....been reading this and the old thread for what seems like forever, finally getting some resolution even if it was a bit of a weird journey....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  2. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

3. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm glad to see that your rig is almost done. Just to let you know-there was an incident here in Kentucky last weekend where a guy and his wife were changing a flat on their '39 Dodge on the side of the freeway and a car slammed into them and killed them both. Please be careful out there....

4. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

you should SEE how fast I kin react if I HAVE to! :)

thankee kindly Lebowski

5. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Beulah is HOME!

10 news @ 7 toNITE!

Mike Slater show today @ 3

pics and links as they become available --

Buddy Palumbo, G-son and ME.GASSER like this.
  6. Good for you and Shiela

7. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thankee kindly pardner
    Yup -- lotsa UPs & downs & "goarounds" kinda like what I do every day out "Playin on the Freeway"

:D

Gonna BE a while afore she's OUT THERE agin tho -- *still* lotsa "issues to resolve wiring-wise and so forth -- LOTS of further WORK aHEAD -- but -- she's HOME!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  8. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

9. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

10. Great news!

Glad to see kindness has come foreword for you... God bless!

11. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Fantastic news , Thomas . Can't wait to see pics of her back in action . As always ... well deserved .

Rick kept his word to do the "grunt work" - he's a good guy . Everyone involved deserves a big thumbs-up !

12. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

To KCM Kansas City Marc --

http://www.10news.com/news/san-dieg...back-thanks-to-generous-benefactor-from-vista

Marc, this wouldn't have happend if not for yer kindness and generosity!

You gave a great deal of yer time and money helpin *me* and you are TRULY an ANGEL in doin so!

Time is THE most precious thing we HAVE to give, for we have only SO much of it TO give before we're gone -- I THANK YOU KINDLY for yer's

Finding, purchasing, and arranging transport for that Ford outta Texas that had just EXactly what was needed to make Beulah whole agin!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sowing-the-seeds-of-kindness-on-san-diegos-highways/

I would not have been able to continue, had not yer generous heart intervened -- you noticed the difficulty I had in changin a tire and provided me w that SnapOn impact, [ which I might never have bought myself due to it's cost ] which I USE most every day now in contiuing to assist others -- it lighten's the load on me achin old muscles and expedites the tire changes considerably -- seconds COUNT out there ;)

THANK YOU
    Beulah is HOME agin!

GOOD ONya!

Tom Weller
    [email protected]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  13. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

AND --

THANKS to ALL the folks HERE who contributed their time, money, and positive-upliftin comments on this wonderfull, world encompassin, board, to help me continue my "mission"

While I'm Here

and able, I SHALL continue :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    dana barlow likes this.
  14. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

HAPPY Forth of July to ALL here!

Beulah's HOME!

12 years Shela's been RIDIN w me

Our 18th wedding anniversery [ "witch" & me ]

19 years since Charles Kuralt called me the "Highwayman" for the first time on National TV.

49 years I've been "Playin ON the Freeway"

67 years I've been here in this life ---

Here's to bein around fer a WHILE longer and bein ABLE to conTINUE DOIN what I do --

http://snowchains.tripod.com/sandiegohighwaymansweblogonlinediary/

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Cheers , Highwayman !

17. Sage

Sage

Good on you 'Highwayman' and a very happy Independence Day to you, your 'witch' Shela & now Beulah. It sounds as though the family is complete once again.

18. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Well, tday, as I arrived @ the "sunset" end of the I-8 - as I was comin to a stop @ the light, I felt and heard a grinding sensation seeming to emanate from my RF wheel gasp emoticon tongue emoticon

I'm almost TO the "Dusty" so I continue TO it, and back into a parkin spot -- coverin TWO so I have room to work --

Let Shela out and walk her INto the park so's "She" kin do her thing -- one of the regulars is present, and I ask him [ friend of mine ] to watch over Shela as I tend to my Merc's issue --

i'm contemplatin goin home ON a tow but, I'm gonna have a look first -- Merc carries a minimum tool kit -- no where NEAR what Beulah always had but -- but she HAS the hydralic jack AND that BEAUTIFULL SnapOn impact
    [ THANKEE KINDLY Marc! ] that I use every day to help others with -- it turns out that with THEM and the Harbor Freight tool kit, along w a vicegrip pliers and a 5# sledge hammer to be sufficient for today's trouble -- coupla smashed up tiny rivets, such as would be present in *rivited* brake shoes -- rattlin around inside the RF drum and hangin up and draggin & grindin --

Thing is -- the Merc has BONDED SHOES [ no rivets ]

I'd thought from the sounds and feelings I was experiencin that I might have had a snapped brake return spring -- nope -- just these two leetil pieces of what *look* like rivets ??

Looked over the drum, shoes, and backin plate carefully -- NO place they coulda come from?? bearings were fine too --

Put er back togeather, and decided to continue "Playin on the Freeway" jist a leetil longer afore headin back to the ranch fer the day -- no worries

MONday -- I begin to "shakedown" Beulah -- lookin forward to havin *HER* operational once agin afore i'm gone --

Seems like, recently, the "zippity" is goin away too soon from my DOO-DAH days wink emoticon smile emoticon

19. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Best. News. Ever.

Rick did a great job- Beulah looks beautiful!

20. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Spent mosta today sortin out *why* Beulah's brakes didn't feel right nor stop well -- inspected em -- one at a time I had my "witch" step on the pedal whilst I watched to see the shoes move -- [ checkin fer a seized wheel cylinder ] then I bled em, [ aGIN w my "witch's help as I'd discovered my pressure bleeder has a leakin bladder frown emoticon --hey that sorta sounds like *me* gasp emoticon haveta "pitstop" several times now durin a day's "playin on the freeway"

Finally, I adjusted em up tight and backed em off 6 clicks as I've done ferever --

pedals HARD agin and she stops as well as she's ever done --

eNUF fer one day

SO much to DO and so little energy left to DO it with --

[ I'd *rather* be OUT there "playin" [ helpin thos I find in need ]

21. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

[​IMG]one day soon she'll be OUT there agin -- workin on her --

22. Pics we need pics

23. shadams

shadams

Yea.......come on HIGHWAY MAN, quit holding out on us....sheesh

24. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like left over rivet heads on the back of the shoes when they were re-lined with bonded ? Might want to look at every back side of every shoe to make double sure there are no more lurking about to let go at an inopportune time. Congratulations !

25. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

exZACTLY what I thought TOO when I saw em -- checked real carefully for any further -- nope -- SAVED em tho - thankee trebil

26. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

pat59 & shadams -- I'm REALLY frusterated right now w my computer! Ever since the last automatic "UPdate" which I had NO wish for it to do :mad: I havent been able to post pics or vids from my dashcam or camera :mad: *I* cant fix it and I'm REALLY PISSED to be screwed over by some distant nameless enity :mad:

HOPEfully my son will BE able to! [ He's a LOT smarter computerwise then this old fossil ] :rolleyes:

I've got a number of em -- just tried agin a leetil while ago :(:mad::confused:

27. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Progressing -- a leetil at a time -- she's gonna need a complete rewiring to be reliable and SAFE out "On The Road" Meanwhile, I'm workin on er best I can :) She's beginnin to look like her old self agin :) IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1441.JPG IMG_1442.JPG IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1445.JPG IMG_1447.JPG IMG_1450.JPG

28. Wow, looks like that shop did a wonderful job there! :)

29. elgringo71

elgringo71

She looks Great, I bet that you can't wait to get her back on the road again

30. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Lookin' better every day !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.