Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical BENCH SEAT TRAC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WP38, Nov 25, 2015.

1. WP38

WP38

Picking up a bench seat for my truck. It doesn't have a slider adjustment on it.
    Any ideas what might work to modify so my wife can reach the pedals without having to add wood on the pedals LOL. Thanks

2. well, I guess that depends on what the seat came out of. Can you cut some sliders off of some junkyard seats?

3. squirrel

squirrel

there are lots of different sliders, some are tall, some are not, some have angle built into them, etc.

We know nothing about your seat or your truck, so it's just wild guessing on our part, what might work for you.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You can buy them from "Speedway"...

5. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Put the wood blocks on her shoes
    Fix'd

6. I've bought several sets of tracks from Speedway. They seem to be good quality and are easy to work with. They are straight tracks and seem to work better than recycling curved stock type late model tracks. I have used them to replace the worn out tracks on my '47 and on my '35 when I relocated the seat farther back. We have also used them on mini-van seats in several "A" coupes and roadsters.

7. Ive done it with tracks from a 67 to 72 C10 bench seat in a 59 f100. Worked pretty we actually.

8. WP38

WP38

great thanks speedway seems to be he way to go. Have a great thanksgiving to all

9. She has 300 pairs of shoes so he never know which one to put them on.:confused::D

10. WP38

WP38

Update
    I was able to pick up a bench seat from a GMC C20 1986 . It had the sliders. I was able to modify the Bottom and the back to fit the truck. Next project to sew the seat covers. Bought a world war 2 singer machine for a 100 bucks to do the job. Paid 40 for the bench seat. . Cheers.

Attached Files:

RICH B and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Thanks for getting back to us with an update.