Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Weiss's DeRosa Built Cadillac has Changed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DEROSAGIRL, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

Thought I'd share some new pics of the Cadillac that was Frank Jr's. Barry decided to change things up from those great red pinstripes to alittle something different. He showed the car on Ponoma in January. !cid_001a01c617e4$66570880$d94d0418@your17oeylz9on.jpg

DeRosa Jr. Cadillac2.jpg

DeRosa Jr. Cadillac1.jpg Enjoy~

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I do like that better...

3. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

tribal flames? ah man...i just compared it to the pics with sabina kelly in the winter '05 car kulture deluxe and it's no comparison. stripes are WAY better. then again it isn't my car. ppl can do whatever they want with their own cars. with those stripes i thought that was one of the baddest cars i'd ever seen...tribal flames? i think i'll go buy some von dutch energy drink and listen to some britney spears while i take it all in.....

4. repoman

repoman

Who is barry, and where can I go smack the shit out of him?

Please get your pop's wonderful car out of his hands before he fucks it up more.

5. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

ACK...shit, i just choked on my drink reading that.

6. jeffrob

jeffrob

I had to flip back to the CKD, I didn't even notice that there was a car in them Sabina Kelly pics......................

I agree wit skajaquada........ the stripes were the shit!
    tribal flames are for mustangs & hondas with huge aluminum wings bolted to the trunk!!!!!!

7. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Barry Weiss is Jesse James' Godfather Does that explain anything? :D

8. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Tribal flames? Stripes? Whatever? You can paint daisies and care bears on that thing for all I care.........and it would still be bad ass.

9. repoman

repoman

Ahh, now I remember the history and the story. From what I remember, Barry isn't a builder. I'll chalk it up to bad advice.

At least it's nothing that can't buff out:D

When I saw the title of this post I had an open mind. I'm all about chopping up cars, and nothing is ever 'done'. However, holy fucking tasteless flames!

10. RF

RF

And that has what to do with this? If he had built the '47, would it then be all right for him to add those flames? Come on...

11. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

aside from the tribal/stripes debate, I really like the contrast between the satin finish car and the high gloss detail. It's a cool effect that I think looks good on all the cars I've seen with it.

Take it how you will...

12. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

sad to see Harpoons work gone.

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

never realy dug the roof on that car, seems like it needs drip rails or some sort of shape there, but after seeing it at least partialy in gloss id definatly have to say paint the whole thing gloss black itd look waaaaaaaay beter and then have harpoon put some new striping on it, maybe a little milder.

just a thought

15. What tribe does flames like that? Now it looks like it needs some doofus billit wheels.

Please forward these comments to that Barry guy.

16. Muttley

Muttley

That thing was ugly enough the way it was, maybe they can add some 24 inch Foose wheels to complete the look.

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

18. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I'm glad I'm not the only one with taste.

19. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

Man, There are some serious shit talkers on this message board. If everyone liked the same taste in cars or anything else for that matter in this world, it would be sort of boring. It's easy to sit back and judge. Open your mind and close your mouth. Everyones idea of art isn't yours...

Barry also bought the "King of Mercs" the purple chopped & sectioned RADICAL Mercury that my dad built and won it all with in Oakland.
    He also drove that car as his everyday car after having WWC in LBC load both the Merc and Cad with some serious air ride since they sit so low.

As for it not being painted; When he sold the "King of Mercs" he flew up here and bought that Cadillac UNFINISHED on site. Barry says he gets way more chicks driving those cars than his vette or jag....go figure~He's a true maniac but has a heart of gold and luvs that car! He loved the stipes but just wanted to change it up abit for the Ponoma show.

Anyhow, I wish he'd send that car back to my dad or/and Frankie for an all over classic paint job too but he's stubborn....maybe someday.

As for now...He has a sign when he shows it that says it all:

"Love it or Hate it.........Frank DeRosa created it!"

The 52 Cadillac that is in the works right now is taking FOREVER and is truly a labor of love for Frankie. He's not pulling any stops and is going top of the line on motor, uphostery, paint. It's a beauty! If you can make Paso Robles you may get the first glance at it! :p Another Cadillac that we are building as a family is (hold on to your hats) all ORIGINAL. No customizing just restoring it back to it's original beauty. My dad is known for his radical ways but thought he'd blow everyones mind keeping it original since he is pushing 80 and figures it's his last one realistically. So, it's a family affair and my 9 year old son Clint has sanded, did grinding and used the welder working along side of his Papa and Uncle the past couple of Summers getting his coveralls and hands DIRTY! ​

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Keep in mind that the opinion thing is allowed to work both ways.

I love Frank's stuff, just not that car, and especially not that paint job (Yes, I know it's not his paint job).

21. RF

RF

Exactly, sort of.

I wish Barry would have had it painted pearl pink with Kotton Kandy lettered on the trunk...cuz he can, and he wouldn't have any problem driving it around like that.

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Well of course you are asking on a board for TRADITIONAL rods and customs. You got what was deserved. Tribal flames suck ass, seriously... :eek:

23. jeffrob

jeffrob

24. himmelberg

himmelberg

I guess getting my HAMB tshirt in the mail today has swayed me from the standard policy of letting others critique a car. I kind of like it. There is something about it that looks "right" to me... maybe just the way those 3/4 photos were shot.

I'm not saying that I would do it that way... or that I wouldn't change it. I just like it. The basic car is ok... I guess it is just the "non-traditional" finish that sets folks off. If it doesn't look like it was built when I was in my teens its no good, right?

I really like my t-shirt. Maybe when I get over it I'll keep my opinions to myself.

hopefully, himmelberg

25. repoman

repoman

My point was I'll give the benefit of a doubt that he didn't draw, design, or paint them himself. For once that it a positive thing, in this case.

As far as what's 'All right' to do -it's his car and he could smear it with dogshit and chase my sister down the street with it for all I fucking care. That doesn't mean I have to pretend to like it.

"Oh, that guy must be a real artist! He smears shit on his car and runs over blondes. I must love and adore him! Will he sign my dashboard with his man-juice?"

26. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

27. RF

RF

Give your sister one of your avatars for the next time she gets chased. As for the man juice, you're on your own with that.

28. repoman

repoman

I usually am.

29. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

find a friend to lend a helping "hand" :D

30. Stone

Stone

Whats the history of this car? How can I find more pics of it from before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.