Register now to get rid of these ads!

barn finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greazy john, Jul 9, 2009.

1. A "barn find" is something discovered inside a barn. Perhaps a cool old car or truck, even a tractor, a piece of farm equipment, perhaps some hay, maybe some old horse harnesses, assorted deceased vermin, cow pies etc. If it was found in a barn it's a barn find.:D

2. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] This truck was traced to the owners car port. The owner kept it. He had no idea there would be any interest, now it's cleaned up and tours shows.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My $500 Fairlane carport find. No joke the owner found me he wanted to go to a Ford enthusiast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  3. Helped a mate pull this out of a barn in the early 80s was better than my own 37. JW
    [​IMG]

Stogy and ME.GASSER like this.
  4. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

Well, define it as a barn find or not, here is a '55 Olds "Plain" 88 that I pulled out of a barn in Western Mass wearing a 1969 inspection sticker on the windshield. Car is 100% there with the exception of the portions of the interior devoured by rodents. Presently tucked safely in my own storage - will get to this one after my avi 2 door project is done. Incidentally, my avatar 2 door came from the same place. They really are out there 1955  Olds coming home 005 (Medium).jpg 1955  Olds coming home 012 (Medium).jpg

Stogy likes this.
  5. ...38 coupe polebarn find, sat for 40 years; now becoming a gasser.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I ain't sayin' nothin' about this stuff! so don't ask.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  7. I tried but could never quite talk this rancher into letting me build him a new section of fence....
    his last reply... "I think you should stop worryin about that ol ford, I'd rather not be messin with that fence"
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  8. Dogger, where is the truck located?

9. Pulled this 36 chev out back in the early 80s. JW
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  10. And 5 hours after getting it home it was polished and running. JW
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  11. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Here are 2 of my latest that I bought last month. The '59 Plymouth driven from CA. in 1990 and stored here along with a 1960 Plymouth. I don't think this is a barn!!!

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      150.7 KB
      Views:
    • 020.JPG
      020.JPG
      File size:
      199 KB
      Views:
    Stogy likes this.
  12. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I for one love to see cars that have been laying out of sight for years......I'm so glad Chris had an old 36 coupe follow him home...cos now it's here...in Scotland...in my garage.....being re commissioned image.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  13. Is outside Valley Mills, Texas.
    If interested then PM me and I will get you contact info.

Stogy likes this.
  14. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Any chance it's still available?

Stogy likes this.
  15. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Would love to see more pics of these cleaned up, just recently looked at a 59, too rough, too much$$$

16. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

I think it's because there are more people looking than ever before!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Just pulled this one out of a storage outbuilding (a barn without a gable roof) last week. Was there for the last 32 years.

IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0320.JPG

Stogy likes this.
  18. Zenbone

Zenbone

i'm just jealous because i have never lucked into any kind of "find" barn or otherwise. I am sure they are out there i just don't know how to shake the right tree or search out these kind of deals.

Stogy likes this.
  19. choptop40

choptop40

darn darn , why cant i find a car in a barn...Go steady with a farmers daughter and sooner or later you outa......

Stogy likes this.