Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baileigh Winter Project Contest: Winner!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 17, 2009.

1. CustomJ

CustomJ

Today has been one of the most unbelievable days of my life. Looking back on my earlier years in my parents garage In Webster NY, making a mess of it with fiberglass bondo and metal shavings, makes me realize how lucky I am to have such amazing parents who have given me support every step of the way. I never thought In my wildest dreams it would have led me this far. Thanks Mom and Dad, for never giving up on me. Special Thanks to Shane, Baileigh Industrial, and the Jalopy Journal, For hosting such an Unbelievable opportunity to win such a quality piece of equipment, The generosity shown by you all, has brought together such an amazing group of Talented craftsman and Artist. I think I can speak for us all when I say that we all genuinely appreciate it. The hard work and dedication demonstrated by all of the contestants is to say the least Incredible, and Inspiring at that. It has been such a privilege to be apart of such a well rounded knowledgeable community. I have only been involved with the Jalopy Journal for about a few months now, and I have seen some of the finest quality workmanship in that time, than I have seen in all of my life. I can not thank all of you enough for your encouraging words that were said to me before and during this contest. As much as I truly love to work with metal, there have been nights so frustrating while trying to learn this trade, that it has almost drove me to the point of insanity! Thankfully I have had People such as yourselves coaching me through it along the way. I know that I would not be where I am sitting today without you. Id also Like to thank John marks (JTM64), for providing me with such an positive and free-flowing atmosphere to build this car, The character and patients you have shown me since I started working on the 27, has been an outstanding example of how to go through life. You have been a shining light to me and are GREATLY appreciated. Id also Like to thank Bob Early, (37cpe) for never hesitating to help me when I have needed a special tool or part made for this car. your a master machinist, and a friggin genius at that! Lastly and most certainly not the least, I would like to thank the entire Metalmeet Community, and my 2 votech Teachers Joe Alati, and Dan Boyler at the Easter Monroe Career Center. without all of you, my talent with metal would simply not exist. I hope to see all of you at the Jalopy Showdown under the metal tent, Until then I will continue to post the progress on Johns 27 T. There are no secrets here. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Thank you all again.
    Sincerely, ~CustomJ

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Doug, I agree with you, Jay will be very busy in the future, had a few PMs from him and he sure sounds like a good kid. Got to support Baileigh for donating the prize, it will be intersting to see what Jay makes with it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  3. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Well deserved and a big hug to Baileigh for the over the top prize!

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Racefab, have not see you in a long time. where you been hiding

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

A great pick! Its a beautiful build for sure.... Thanks, Bailiegh for doing this.. It brought a lot of cool builds out of the woodwork!

6. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Hey, Bailiegh cool contest, and congrads to Custom J !

7. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Custom J -
    Very well deserved !!! In just looking at your work, you are going to go far. I would not be surprised if you are one day working at one of the finest restoration shops in the country one day...restoring metal on million dollar automobiles. I would not be surprised if you had your own shop one day. Your work is truly respectable. Keep up the good work!!!

8. sinticket

sinticket

Custom J, I have been looking at this build since you started posting it. Amazing work and it really gives hope for hot rodders of the future. I think this was a very well deserved prize for you. Stay on it and you will be one of the greats. Keep it up and congratulations on a great win!!!

9. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

well deserved winner:cool:

10. Degreaser

Degreaser

The kid is talented and seems like a class act. Congrats Jay.

11. I really enjoyed looking at all the Winter projects. Cool that there is a sponsor like Baileigh. I hope you do it again. Are Baileigh product made in America? I guess I should check out their website. Couple of suggestions if you do it again. More notice of start date to get ready and it would be great if we could have a forum just for the contest so we could see them all in one place. Thanks, it was a cool deal.

12. Benny, You might meet him in the fall. I'm working on setting up a Metal Meet at H.O.W. Peace, Mike

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Sweet.

Metal Meet Rocks!