Register now to get rid of these ads!

AZ fall Flathead/Inliner Eliminator

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 300racr, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Well now that I have gotten some rest from the weekend I'll post a small thread about our lil race.I would like to thank everyone that came out and supported the race. We had six cars show up, Mike and Mark with the slantsix powered SDRA cars,Wayne Ludington and his Buick straight 8 powered FED, Along with Kelly McClearrans 63' Falcon Turbocharged 250), Tony Waggoners 62' Falcon( old school built 200) and Gene Fiores 250 powered Maverick.
    After 2 rounds of qualifying this is how they ended up qualifying;
    1) Gene Fiore .016 RT
    2)Mark McCumber .020RT
    3) Mike Ostrom .032RT
    4)Kelly McClearran .034RT
    5)Wayne Ludington .049RT
    6) Tony Waggoner .097RT

Wayne hit a new personal best with the Buick FED running 10.22@ 122mph and Kelly had top speed with a 127 mph pass.
    First round action saw Gene getting the win over Kelly, Mark over Wayne when wayne broke out on a 10.40 dial running a PB 10.22.Tony took the win over Mike and his rail.Semis saw Gene getting the bye and running a 15.51 on a .50 dial.Tony had a prior commitment and had to leave giving Mark a Comp bye into the final. In the Final it was Gene and Mark, Gene ran a 15.47 on his 15.50 breaking out by just .03 while Mark ran a 13.87 on a 13.80 dual for the win.
    I would like to thank our Sponsors, and appreciate all that they do for our events!

Mike with ClassicInlines.com,
    Hal with Torco oils/T-N-T Distributing
    Mike & Mark from Stone Broke Hot Rods

first round of qualifying
    [​IMG]

Second round of qualifying
    [​IMG]

The gang waiting for lane call for the semis
    [​IMG]

The awesome trophies from Mike & Mark
    [​IMG]

2. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

It was a good day. Sorry I had to leave before we had finished. If the Vee-8 cars had not oiled down the track, we would have not been so far behind in the program. My brother and I made it to the grade school reunion, we had a good visit. Two OEM teachers were there, in their mid 80s now. I graduated in 1968, my bro in 61

I did not win the first round, Mike lost it by going red. My Falcon ran quicker than dial in , since I set the dial in for the heat of the day & it had kooled down some from delays, the car ran quicker than I expected. On the flip side , I received the trophy for slowest RT in round one, which is a trade mark of mine. The hand built trophys from Stone Broke Racing Mike n Mark are bitching! I really like this trophy and friends thought it was very fitting for slowest reaction time trophy.

the trophy is built from Econoline brake parts... very kool

Attached Files:

3. Tony,
    Thanks again for coming out it was much appreciated. I think we ran the final somewhere around 8pm. Nov 22nd is our next date out at the track for the Southwest Nostalgia drags. It'll be more of just a fun day of makin passes and I think we should have enough cars to have our own lane too.

4. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are some of the most awesome trophies I have ever seen.. Mark & Mike really outdid themselves! I foresee a mad rush (or a foot dragging RT) to win one at the next meet. :D

5. bobw

bobw

Yep, cool trophies. The cars look great in the staging lanes. Keep posting event coverage for those of us soon to be locked in the deep freeze.