Register now to get rid of these ads!

av8 Paul Paul Howard sad news

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Garage Lady, Feb 17, 2011.

1. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It was a packed house today, with all of Paul's friends and loved ones.
    You're absolutely right, squigy...he will be missed...big time!!

2. Cshabang

Cshabang

We were pulling in as Pauls roadster was. That's when it hit me and it hit me hard... Mark (General Gow) said it most accurate...The church couldn't hold anymore people, but they were still coming in...I hope he really knew the impact he had on the people that came into his life....

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Chuck Vranas put together this beautiful memorial card that was passed out at the service today, and asked that I pass it on for everyone who couldn't make it today in case they want to save it...thanks, Chuck!

Attached Files:

4. Very nice. I only met Paul once at a gas station on my way home from an Alter Boys show. Very friendly and willing to talk about his car or mine. Wish I had got to know him. RIP Paul.

5. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

There were so many people there today I didnt even see half of you. Its odd to say "It was a great day" when youve lost a friend like Paul but seeing the turnout in tribute for him could only put a smile on your face. Im pretty sure he would have wanted it that way...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  6. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Bart from VT and I were at a gathering of hot rod friends down here in Florida today. Of course we spent a while talking about our friend AV8Paul. Glad to see such a good turn out up there for a really, really nice guy. We all miss you Paul.

Lee

7. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Willy= You are starting to scare me, with the things you are doing with your computer. You made Paul's car look like a model and the card is from the hart.

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a cool pic, bill. puts the focus on the man more than the car in a way. i like it.

9. The Garage Lady

The Garage Lady

Thank you for doing what ever you did in this picture as it is beautiful!! Paul and Marge are dear friends of mine. As all I will miss him more than he will ever know.
    Denise Ham
    The Garage Lady

10. Although I never met him, I enjoyed his posts and LOVE his car. Another good one, gone way too soon.... RIP my friend, see you on the other side....

James

11. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I went with two other club members to visit with a critically ill member, just days before he left us. And he sayed he hoped they had hot rods in heaven. Don't we all.

12. capecodgirl

capecodgirl

I'm one of Paul's daughters: My family was blown away by the outpouring of words, pictures and videos you posted. It really comforts us to know how important my Dad was to all of you. Thank you SO much!

<O:p</O:pSusan

13. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

Paul will be missed for a very long time.I will miss having conversations with Paul,one of the few guys I was social with.Thank you Paul,thank you for treating me good.