Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Austin Somerset Gasser Build (DragNasty)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ooops nice catch...I uploaded the original comp. I found those and a few other goof ups as well. I just swapped out the graphic for the final print version....thanks for having my back though!

2. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

You're welcome.

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Street Machine Nationals this weekend in Springfield, MO. If you are cruising the streets Friday or Saturday night, please watch out for the Austin, remember, we can only see out of half the windshield! :eek::cool:

loudbang likes this.
  5. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

We'll be passing through, briefly, tomorrow afternoon on our way to Indian Point. Hope to see some nice rides out on the streets.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  6. gonmad

gonmad

I got something going on Friday and Saturday morning, so I'll miss most of it, but Chic will prolly be cruising in the wagon Friday night and have the Camaro out to the show Saturday till I get there. Keep an eye for HER!! LoL! :eek:

Deuced Up! likes this.
  7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I got up this morning, I decided to drive the Austin to work (with the Street Machine Nationals looming this weekend). So here I am at 6:30 this morning in my sleepy little neighborhood about fire off a rocket launcher!:eek:

Resized_20160923_070446.jpeg
    This is actually the first real unsupported drive of any distance for the car. Completely unsupported as Dad didn't even know I was going to do it. I knocked him out of bed this morning with the rest of the neighbors when I blasted up Elm Street! :D

Resized_20160923_083543.jpeg
    So this is officially, its first stop light. Man I can't tell you how much I wanted to drill the thing right here but there is a Greene County Sheriff Deputy sitting right beside it. I was going to shoot a picture of him but I thought that might draw some unwanted attention (which if there is anything an open header, slick wearing, supercharged gasser with DRAGNASTY down the sides in big reflective letters needs is more attention!)

Resized_20160923_072208.jpeg
    Just a quick fuel stop like any other morning commuter, right? Of course if you look close you will see the Deputy that followed me in to the station.:D He was pretty cool, like everyone else, he just wanted to get a close look. He was pretty funny, as he walked away he laughed and said just try and keep it under a 100...then paused and said, it will drive under a 100 right?:p

Resized_20160923_083741.jpeg
    Good drive this morning for a first real outing. It never got over 195 even at stop lights and handled perfectly. Can wait to hit the streets tonight!

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So did you keep it under 100?

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duellym, saltflats and dan@larescorp like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

So have you tried any holeshots to see if the bunny hop is gone?

11. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got on it pretty hard a couple of times. Not under crazy sticky track conditions but hard enough to pull the front wheels a bit according to the guys at work. No issues so far. I am sure we will make a few hits tonight but again just on the street. We are headed to the MOKAN Hot Rod Reunion in a few weeks and will try to make a test and tune night sometime before that event.

loudbang likes this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Will you be doing the test and tune Friday before the Hot Rod Reunion.
    We are thinking of going there instead of the trip up north.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well that is a possibility...We are going to be in the neighborhood. We were planning on doing the Maple Leaf Cruise In on the Square in Carthage Friday night (the Austin and Dads Coupe)...spending the night and then doing the Maple Leaf Car Show in Carthage Saturday...spending the night and then heading to MOKAN Sunday morning.

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I will be there james with the digger I'm gonna try to make the next few fridays to get some seat time that way I can maybe put on a good show at the hotrod reunion

Chrome don't get ya home

saltflats likes this.
  15. gonmad

gonmad

So, how'd it do this weekend man? I saw it at SMNats, but didn't see you.

16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Resized_20160924_103234.jpeg

Resized_20160924_105357.jpeg

Resized_20160924_121807.jpeg
    We had a blast at the show...sorry I missed you Gomad. The Promotion Company, that puts on the Street Machine Nats asked if they could do a video of the car so that was pretty cool. Should be online in month or two. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

20160923_193010.jpg
    We had a pretty good time on the street too! But I think Dad may have to go in for traction this week!:eek::D

saltflats likes this.
  17. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a blast this weekend, however, the past couple of years the cops have really clamped down on the fun. They had a big sign up saying NO BURNOUTS and ZERO TOLERANCE. But there were several thousand folks lining both sides of the street for well over a mile to watch. ...AND, while I am not sure it would hold up in court, the sign said nothing about wheel stands! :eek:

Street.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    saltflats likes this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

Revs pretty good.

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

What can you say.
    It looks DRAGNASTY!!!

20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thought I would share a cool shot of the Austin. After the cruising Saturday night I just parked the car in our showroom and headed home. This morning I was coming down the stairs and thought it was a cool perspective.

Resized_20160926_090847 (1).jpeg

saltflats, loudbang and gonmad like this.
  21. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I did a bit of math this morning. Now of course this is just an educated guess based on the estimated miles covered and what I measured is left in the tank etc. But it appears we ran the Austin around 35 miles this weekend and used about 11 gallons of fuel. But hey that was mostly city miles and there was certainly a lot of STOP and GO MAN GO driving! :D

22. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SPOOKY MOON HOT ROD CRUISE AND PICNIC 2016 - Best car show of the year around here hands down! There was well over 1000 cars. Crazy burnouts on property and then out to the county road. Fun little 10 mile cruise filled with burnouts and launches through the country side then back for a killer band and great food.

Resized_20161002_181617.jpeg

Resized_20161002_184937.jpeg

Resized_20161002_184951.jpeg

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Resized_20161002_182420.jpeg

Resized_20161002_182302.jpeg
    This photo below has quickly become my favorite shot of the Austin...
    20161003_090813.jpg

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has been another pretty busy weekend for the car and we are starting to really log some miles on it. Friday night we hit the weekly night cruise in, Saturday we did the final Steak & Shake Monthly Cruise of the year (a really large local monthly tradition) and then as you have seen we did the Spooky Moon Sunday.

So since hitting the road, something that has become a fairly frightening issue (outside of "Blower Blind" sweeping right turns) is the lack of mirrors. Sunday morning I was digging through a box of Model "A" left overs looking for roll of generic rubber seal material when I found a white box buried at the bottom. I didn't remember what it was so I opened and low and behold, side mirrors. I took a couple of minutes playing around with placement but then marked and drilled the holes. I was able to get the driver's side installed before we left for the Spooky Moon Event.

20161003_090116.jpg

25. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

That mirror looks great as doe's the rest of your efforts with the car! Gary

Deuced Up! likes this.
  26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, it is good to have mirrors. Friday night (before mirrors) just as I got to the parking lot where we cruise, I down shifted into first, let the RPMs drop off and then did a rolling dry hop. I pulled the front wheel about 4" off the ground then slowed and turned in. I parked by Dad's Coupe and got out. Dad says did you do that on purpose? I said what the little hop? He said no, the little hop in front of the cop? Apparently, there was a city police car right behind me.:eek:

27. loudbang

loudbang

Much better pulling the front wheels than the rear ones bouncing all over the road LOL.

Deuced Up! likes this.
  28. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We were at a big car show Saturday in Mt. Vernon, MO and a guy walks up and shows me a video he took of the burn out at the Spooky Moon last weekend. He just thought I might want it so he sent it to me. Got love car guys.

kiwijeff and SR100 like this.
  29. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thrashing a bit in the hotel parking lot tonight. Hot Rod Reunion at MOKAN is tomorrow...Austin did not like the chili start up this morning at all..

1476580864350.jpg

1476580875795.jpg

1476580898791.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff likes this.