Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn, guys in kc, mo area lost 1932 body off trailor!!! Help finding it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodglass, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You guys are nuts.

JH

2. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

MORE!!!!!more!!!!!

3. im looking @ this body on egay as I type......???? did he get it back? im lost......

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  4. ok I had to read back a little......nevermind

5. lesabre59

lesabre59

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

7. Larry T

Larry T

Same picture as the first post in this thread, same E-Bay user name as here. I'd have to say yes.
    Larry T

8. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

..and Fulton MO....

"Was lost and now I'm found...."

Low miles on body..:)

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Well, better suppress the finding, or several good novels will be ruined.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

what kinna fukin horse shit is this??????
    was it stolen? was it dropped, did the org owner just wanna stir shit on here??? all this and more on next weeks....... WHAT THE FUCKS GOIN ON HERE......

11. FuelFC

FuelFC

Breeder I am wondering the same thing here.

Seems odd. Where is Geraldo?

12. jimmyv

jimmyv

Wow something real funny going on here. The eBay auction is the exact car pictured in the first post on this thread. It's the EXACT same picture and the EXACT same user ID on here and on eBay. It's also in Fulton, MO same exact location listed for hotrodglass. Not a speck of damage listed in the auction description either. I guess the "fall" off the trailer did not do anything to it.........If that is in fact what happened..........

13. FuelFC

FuelFC

Hmm maybe ask the "seller" a question perhaps. LOL.

14. Abomination

Abomination

He said he had the doors and trunk in the first post... that was strangely written in the exact same "all-caps" style as the eBay ad. LOL! ;)

~Jason

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  15. Abomination

Abomination

The pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the ad:

"HERE IS A NEWER MADE 1932 FORD ROADSTER FIBERGLASS BODY THAT I TOOK IN ON TRADE FOR A RUNNING CAR, IM JUST LOOKING TO GET MY TRADE IN BACK!! MAKER UNKNOWN, BUT YOU KNOW IT IS HEAVY WEIGHT, VERY NICE SHINNY BLACK GELCOAT!!! FLOOR IS INSTALLED, BUT NEEDS STEEL INNER STRUCTURE AND DOORS AND TRUNK HINGED, LOW START PRICE AND BUY IT NOW SO NO GAMES PLEASE, QUESTIONS CALL ME AT 573-220-5805 THANKS, KEVIN"

Buy it now, $2990, ends Aug-11-08 20:44:12 PDT

If those pics in the ad are the ones at the beginning of this thread, that would mean they were "before" pics? I wonder what it looks like after being flung out on I-70...

Not trying to start anything, but with wire fraud, you have to prove the intent of the seller to deceive before the sale. If the buyer notes that there's damage on it, and it wasn't disclosed, and they find this thread, who knows what might happen.

Cover your ass, man! ;)

~Jason

16. im with breeder on this one.........

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this is smoking like a steaming pile of..Shhhhh..dont say it

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The novels started in this thread seem to smell a lot better than the reality...

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

you got that right BL

20. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Its on craigslist too, I just saw it the other day I swear.

21. <---- killed the novel with my shameless ebay browsing....

22. OK guys, time to chime in on this saga. I also recognized the user name. I sold him a car a little over a year ago. Clean deal, and a pleasure to do business with him.
    At that time, I noticed he was selling quite a bit of '32 fiberglass parts on Ebay. Being in the business at the time, we traded e-mails. He told me he didn't actually build the parts, just sold them locally and on Ebay.
    As with many businesses who use Ebay as a marketing tool, generic file photos are used to make listing easier. I do the same thing with my Chassis Research Blueprints. Who would waste their time taking a new photo each time the item was advertised.
    \
    Back to Hotrodglass...all I can say is I've lost bodies off a trailer...it can and did happen. I found him to be a straight up business man when I sold him a wagon.

Let's not try to be a bunch of Perry Mason's on the thread.

23. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

So this guy makes up some sensational story to drum up interest and then has an auction? Wow. This is why I avoid ebay.

24. Abomination

Abomination

Gone now, but there's a KCTA guide from '56 for $350 on there now...

[​IMG]

~Jason

25. No No No...he's been a Ebay seller for several years. Selling '32 glass bodies, grill shells and the like. I really doubt he set up this "story" to generate interest in the body. As a businessman, it's his living to sell stuff. In this case the same things over and over.

Some of you folks gotta find something to do all day rather than sit in front of your computers.

26. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The mysterious lost roadster body turns up on ebay, eh? Pretty suspicious, I'd say. As suspicious as a rat holding a piece of cheese in the deli at 42nd and Main, where they're open all night, and the cook alwayas has a lit cigarette hanging from his lower lip with an inch of ash clinging to it, even as he calls "Order up!", to the blowsey looking bleach blond waitress who's a little past her prime,but still claims she's an actress, while he slings the hash left over from yesterdays lunch special, and those raisins in the oatmeal might not be raisins at all, if you catch my drift...

Sounds like a HAMB SCAM to me...

Brian

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Rich, Actually, I'm waiting the advised 20 minutes for the basecoat to flash before I lay the clear on the roof of my '62 Impala, so I'm really not wasting time at all! Well, sorta...

Brian

28. mitchell stewart

mitchell stewart
    from toronto On

John D Macdonald move over.

29. Not likely I'll hear or see anything but if something pops I'll give you a shout.

Sounds like I finally have competition for the Homer Sympson Awards. DOH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.