Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn, guys in kc, mo area lost 1932 body off trailor!!! Help finding it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodglass, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toqwik

Toqwik

Could have been stolen while stopped for gas or something.

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

I had one of those large wood play houses fall off a trailer at night on a bumpy road and didnt notice it till I turned on to my shop road. By the time I got back to it some guys were trying to load it up . They helped me put it back in my trailer when the say my daughter. Good luck on finding yours . I will keep an eye out.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ahh no its not useless with out the doors and Trunk lid..you can buy those all day long..wonder how much damage it has after hitting the pavement at 70?
    The guy who was hauling it for you needs to get lessons on how to tie shit down..and he should make it right with you, because it was in his possesion at the time. Friend of a Friend you say?..MMMmmm? and the body has not been found, and no reports?..I'd be wondering about that..put some pressure on the driver of the hauling rig..and make him own up to it..maybe your body would majically appear..taadaa!:eek:

oh and BTW stop SHOUTING!:D

4. If the driver was a friend, you both would be sick over this & would be trying to figure a fair way to replace it. He would feel like he should buy you a new body & you would feel bad for him & wouldn't want him to have to do it.

A "friend of a friend"...............? If he lost one of your 3/4" wrenchs, you'd be expecting a replacement.

That body is either in a ditch beside the highway or in someone's garage. Either way, the dude that lost it should be held responsible.

JH

5. brandon

brandon

probably something like this.... for sale...slightly sectioned 32 roadster missing doors and decklid....bottom 5" is missing...:D pavement has to be like sand paper at that speed. good luck with the search...:D brandon

6. raven

raven

That's what liability insurance is for.
    Put the pressure on this guy.
    r

7. alchemy

alchemy

I would think it's in one million pieces spread along a mile of roadside by now. Even that first bounce off the trailer would have ruined it, right?

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

were you paying him to haul it? even for gas? that adds a whole other side to it.

9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I'll keep my eyes open here in St. Louis for ya, but I too think this is STRANGE.

10. Abomination

Abomination

Have you thought about calling 911? Well, at least 816-234-5000 (KCMO police department)? They may have a record of a call made by somebody that saw it fall off, or saw who picked it up, and/or when...

~Jason

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I wouldn't worry about the damage from hitting the Interstate..............its the 18 wheelers running over it until it is dust that would bother me.

12. hotrodglass

hotrodglass
    from Fulton, MO

update, the guy that i sent after the body, posted a reward of $500 on criags list. He got a call last night that it was at a motorcycle swap meet on suday morning in the back of a 4 wheel drive ford pickup, but still floating around i guess in kc area!! thanks for all the replys guys!! still looking for it. kevin 573-220-5805

13. RacerRick

RacerRick

If its not scraped up or smashed - it was stolen.

I would call the cops and say there have been sighting of your stolen body at said motorcycle swap meet in the back of a ford pickup.

14. James427

James427
    BANNED

If it was steel, I'd say it was stolen, but not glass. I've lost a car off of a trailer before and not noticed it, ONCE. It doesn't happen to ME twice! LOL If it was dark it would be easu to not see it. So yes I can see how that might happen. But even if you do happen to find it, how are you going to proove it is yours unless the "finders" decide to give it back? With the damage that might have been caused added to the expense of the reward and going to get it, I'd say you were far better off squeezing the driver for a replacement.

15. jimmyv

jimmyv

Do you have paperwork with a serial number or something off the body? I would think it's going to be hard to prove one is yours if someone comes across a body for sale somewhere. I would go after the guy who was hauling it. His insurance should cover it. If not and he won't pay up take him to court.

16. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

or while stopped for a couch dance??? Was your boy doing something/ somewhere that maybe he should not have been ?

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I put the word out at work today..........and I asked a handful of guys from Raymore if they had seen it.......they all said nope, but would keep and eye out.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

18. pastlane

pastlane

Guy I used to work for years ago lost a small bulldozer off his trailer. Rounding a curve, thankfully right down the street from his shop. The wood deck on the trailer was wet and the dozer slid off and landed upside down on the shoulder of the road. He never realized it was gone until he was back at his shop. Another time he had a backhoe loaded and never closed the pindle hook shut, made it all the way home through the city in heavy traffic. The driveway into his shop drops from street level and that's when the trailer decided to part company. Way to many near death stories working with him. Needless to say, he's retired now.

Hope you get your body back.

19. Anytime I haul something, I constantly look in the mirror to check for the tie downs loosening. Not many car guys would never look in the mirror for a long trip.

20. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

hauled a race car home one time and when we got out the tire strapes were hanging down.nothing holding the car on the trailer. just thank god it was in gear.still dont know how we made home with out loosingthe car.

21. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

The reward ad on Craig's List is in parts, and not very noticeable. I'd make it very obvious it was for a '32 Ford body, and list it in the cars, motorcyle, and parts sections. The guy that had it at the meet is a motorcyle dude, someone knows who he is. While he kinda sorta didn't "steal" it, he sure knows he's selling property he didn't pay for. He shoulda made an effort to find the owner....Also, maybe you could get a small spot on the TV news, this type of odd story is interesting to a lot of stations. The big thing is to make it clear there are no hard feelings if it turns up, and he is $500 better off.
    Good luck!

BobW

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Maybe he's related to this guy?

Last year going to Bonneville, I wasn't as quick with the camera going through Kansas: a guy in a King cab Dually was hauling with a tandem axle enclosed trailer, East Bound, while I was going west. Both driver's side trailer wheels were on the rims, showering sparks, while the twist caused to the trailer frame (from the wheels being gone) had sprung the doors open, and the driver's side door was swinging wide.

Guy was doing about 80mph, totally oblivious.

-Brad

Attached Files:

23. Wow, I've never lost anything bigger than a fender, and it went right off the side of the road as soon as it flew out of the trailer. I heard and saw it fly off.

I stopped to get it but it was way down a drop off, and I couldn't get it safely. A body falling off would have made noise, but if he did not see or hear it, all the other motorists would have been pulling up next to him, honking, yelling to pull over, etc.

they did it with the one fender, even though I was already stopping.
    Maybe it was nicked at a hotel, titty bar, gas station, etc.

Or if he is "getting the leads" on it, he knows who got it, and now is all of a sudden going to get it back..

HMMM...

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen some pretty big items get air and fly out of the back of a pickup or off a trailer.
    I saw one of those plastic bed liners for a full size pickup laying next to the freeway last week and it looked brand new.

I can't understand why anyone hauling something like a glass deuce body wouldn't have it tied town with straps or at least some bailing twine.

25. zbuickman

zbuickman

I found a roller 69 camaro :rolleyes: that fell off the back of someones truck on I-90/39. down an embankment through some trees and mangled in a fence still straped to the trailer. on its side. It sat there for two days. I think the county picked it up. wish you could just claim stuff like that. Could have sold it, guys with mullets drewl over camaro's:D

26. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  27. Dirty2

Dirty2

Any up dates ?

28. hotrodglass

hotrodglass
    from Fulton, MO

Update don the guy that picked it up and lost it!! Called today and he had a guy from craigs list call and tell him where and who had it!!! He went to get it today and says no damage!! Not sure i will pick it up tomorrow!! Thanks for all the hambers that helped to watch for it and all the info,
    kevin

29. Satinblack

Satinblack

I just read that and my first question is "Was it strapped down?" I have never lost anything as long as it was properly strapped.........

30. Abomination

Abomination

Let us know, man - and post some pics!

~Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.