Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ATTN AUSTIN!! Benefit Show at A.S.S Friday June 19 JADE IDOL// minibikes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Jun 5, 2009.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Now we're talkin'! Hopefully, you can round up some more Houston folks to head this way.

2. BBobb

BBobb

Fellow HAMBer +=== good cause.....Should not be a problem. One good thing among others about the HAMB is a lot of members come together when needed.Least to mention you Austin boys are going to throw in a hell of a hot rod. bbq and good music shindig to boot

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

That's what I mean. Even if this wasn't for helping out a really good guy that wouldn't ask for help on his own, it's shaping up to be a hell of a party!

4. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

I'll be there. Leaving from the West side at about 3:30.

5. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Were in for twenty.be there with my son and the truck.

6. seatex

seatex

Count me and the Loosers in.......................... why not spin off a bunch of those posers and sell 'em for the benefit? I'd pay $20 bucks for one!

7. RAY With

RAY With

Looks like we will leave the ranch around 3 or so and head to Austin. Got every thing in place this tiem and ready to roll out.

8. RAY With

RAY With

9. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I am going to stop by this friday and drop off a donation if anyone else from Houston is not going to be able to attend and want me to drop something off just pm me

10. The guy in the middle kicks ass! Oh, and good luck to "Diamond".
    [​IMG]

11. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

There will be a bunch of Kontinentals M.I.A. due to their annual summer cruise . This year to Bowling Green. But I will be left behind to represent and help out compliments of the K.C.C.. Sound like a great time and glad to hear DD is feeling much better. See you there.

12. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

I will put banana pudding on my list. :)

13. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Mabey You can tell us how You get the heroin in it without altering the taste.:D

14. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

I will never tell.

15. Bob,
    If there is going to be an auction, would something like pecan pies be welcome? If there is any doubt about their quality, ask D.W. about them because I've taken them to work a few times. I don't have car parts that are not spoken for at this time.

16. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Yeah Anything is welcome....... Thank you!

There is alot of details to work out, but this is going to be a really good time.

Thanks so much to everyone who is helping out!

17. Angy

Angy

Pot Luck Help!

Since Austin Speed Shop has been generous enough to offer the venue, a few
    kegs of beer,and the band, the Yay-hoos want to help arrange the Pot Luck for
    the event.

I went by ASS today and met with Joyo and Bob. We are thinking that we would
    like to ask everyone to bring what they want to throw on the grill and a cooler.
    If you are bringing burgers or dogs, bring the buns too. Some very generous
    folks have offered to bring larger portions of BBQ and pizza, but we just don't know how many folks to expect. Everyone might end up with a little extra to take home so you might want to bring lots of ice. We know there are a bunch of hot rodders coming from out of town and hopefully everyone will have a few extra burgers to share. We are hoping to getting a big grill so If you bring something fancy you might want to hang out by the pit to get what ya brung! Lux Blue has volunteered to help on the grill.

Ok, there are a few items we could use help with. We were thinking maybe a
    car club or generous individual could pick an item to bring from this list.

Here is what we are needing

Cups, Plates, Napkins(if you bring something that needs utensils you might bring some)
    Condiments(Ketchup, Mustard)
    Chips
    Sodas/water
    Cookies

We have no idea how many folks are coming and could probably run out of food and beer in a few hours. The grill will be smoking from 7-9. Probably 2 or 3 kegs of beer. So when we run out, there are convenience stores and restaurants near by.

Please PM Angy and let me know if you or your club can help with any items on the list.

We are all excited to help out our favorite guy Diamond and looking forward to a great party!!!!!

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

You guys rule for doing this.
    Any chance of opening a paypal account, in Diamond's name, so most of us, that cant be there, can donate some $$$ to the cause.

19. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I didn't know who "Diamond" was when I read this when it first got posted. Then I got a text message from Mr Ford a few minutes ago about a benefit for Dave. Then I put 2 & 2 together and came up with 3. I'm not good with math.

Dave rules, he's like a big brother. He's always been there to help out. I'd do anything for Dave. He's a true friend, and he's a great story teller. Sometimes I wish he was here to tuck me in at night and tell me a good story.

Hang in there big guy. See you soon!

And if anyone needs any assistance with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

20. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Put me down for 20 tickets.......

[​IMG]

21. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I have around 200 paper plates. they've hardly been used!
    (kidding. but I do have a large stack of plates.)

22. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Will do, thanks. Be sure to set aside $20 to see Rocco eat pizza with Ranch!

23. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Lux, Joyo is working on getting a nice big grill. I'm sure others will help, but it looks like you're in charge of the cooking.

24. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Im getting some framed photos together to donate, and Ill be happy to do what ever else you guys need.

25. RAY With

RAY With

We will be bringing to BBQ briskets cooked and ready to eat-just need to throw them on a pit to heat up a bit-They be de-lish-us and ten-der

26. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

That chevy looks all legit....

We are working on getting the posters printed and they will be for sale......

I just got to see the poster in person and it is AMAZING!
    Franco is my hero.

In the meantime, if anyone from out of town wants to make a donation via paypal,
    they can paypal Dave directly at [email protected]

Thanks for everything.

27. DamnitDave

DamnitDave
    Alliance Vendor

I’ve been thinking long and hard about how to respond to this. This is something I wouldn’t want or ask for, but seeing all of you come together to help makes me realize what a truly special group of friends I have. I don’t know how to thank all of you, and there are so many to thank. I hope you all know how thankful Tiffany and I are for everyone’s generosity and thoughtfulness.

I’m feeling better daily, and hope to back to work soon. I’m really looking forward to this party. I think it’s going to be a really good time. I hope to see you there.

Thank you,

Dave

28. BLAKE

BLAKE

Rest up bro... we got this covered.

29. SteadyT

SteadyT

This site and its members are amazing.

30. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

cool. I was planning on having a small caravan of mid sized grills.

Yeah, the folks on this sight are pretty amazing. it just re-inforces that deep down, we are all an innocent bushel of Bastards just trying to take care of our own and have a good time doing it.

Dave is a solid friend...the kind that doesn't wash off easy. The type of guy that when he says "I will..." he will. and if he says "I won't" he won't.

it's kind of weird that these days, that kind of friend is a bit of a rarity.

I think this may be why the Austin car community is so strong...it runs deep with good folks.