Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Atlas Oil Filter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weird One, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Weird One

Weird One

I've been wanting to use some NOS Atlas oil filters. I have looked everywhere for a application book with no success. Anybody know which old Atlas Micronal filter is the same as the Autolite FL1?

2. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

It will have a different prefix,but the number should be the same. A #1 should be for Ford,but I'm going from memory so check for yourself.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Oilguy

Oilguy

I don't see an FL1 but I did find an FL1A in the NAPA book. It is a Motorcraft part number. 51 is right. The Atlas equivalent would be F10. The NAPA would be 1515. Your post caught my attention as I collect old Atlas products and oil filters are really hard to find. I have fuel filters up the gazoo but no oil. Also, as you stated literature is about impossible to find.

Attached Files:

Weird One and Texas Webb like this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe Atlas was the name brand of Chevron and possibly Standard Oil. You need to find an old book which were kept at their service stations.

5. Atlas was sold by most of the major 'Standard Oil' companies; California (Chevron), New Jersey (Esso, later Exxon), Ohio (Sohio), Indiana (Amoco), and Kentucky (Kyso, until 1961 when it was bought by Chevron). This allowed the regional oil companies to offer a nationwide warrantee. Most used the 'Standard' brand within their regional area, the corporate name outside of it. They also honored each others credit cards.

Yeah, I'd like to find an mid-60s Atlas shock catalog as I have 2-3 boxes full of NOS shocks, plus some misc stuff...

6. Weird One

Weird One

No major point, but this year is the 60th anniversary of Ford first using the FL1/FL1A oil filter. First application was the 57 car line. And oilguy, there are several Atlas oil filters on Ebay, but no reference material. You'd think a catalog would be easy to find, but noooo! I do have a Atlas All Product catalog from 73 but it doesn't give part numbers. I've been looking for a Chevron Chek Chart book, that should list Atlas numbers.

7. Weird One

Weird One

Yup, I'd say you like Atlas products. Very impressive ( and clean) collection.

8. Weird One

Weird One

I might be able to help. I just bought a 76 Atlas Products catalog that includes shock absorbers. It should go back a few years. I'll let you know when it gets here.